All Our Yesterdays All Our Yesterdays discussion

All Our Yesterdays

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I just modeled for the cover of this book, sounds like a great read!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This book sounds soooooo good! =D

Caitlin It is really good :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 12, 2013 11:35PM) (new)

Guys,i just finished all our yesterdays but i dont understand the ending:(

SPOILER BELOW
Why marina couldnt remember what happening with the future version of herself,doctor and finn? And why nate and finn became alive again? :/ did i miss something? The last two chapters,where marina woke up,couldnt remember how she got there and then she met nate(isnt he supposed to be dead?) And the next chapter they went to james' funeral (she doesnt remember whats really going on!). At the funeral she also met finn (but finn is supposed to be dead right?)
END SPOILER

I DONT GET IT, HELP

versa Nadiraalisha wrote: "Guys,i just finished all our yesterdays but i dont understand the ending:(

SPOILER BELOW
Why marina couldnt remember what happening with the future version of herself,doctor and finn? And why nate..."

I think that it's because by killing off James, the future them failed to exist, making it so that none of that stuff ever happened. Or something. I was confused myself. But while we're at it, how did James die?

Dara clair wrote: "Nadiraalisha wrote: "Guys,i just finished all our yesterdays but i dont understand the ending:(

SPOILER BELOW
Why marina couldnt remember what happening with the future version of herself,doctor a..."

I think you're right that the future failed to exist - wow, I didn't understand how things were reset either! in this version, James died by suicide.

Emma Loved!!!

message 8: by Bobby (last edited Oct 09, 2013 05:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bobby Teenager Nadiraalisha wrote: "Guys,i just finished all our yesterdays but i dont understand the ending:(

SPOILER BELOW
Why marina couldnt remember what happening with the future version of herself,doctor and finn? And why nate..."

Now, when the book ended...I was not happy. I thought it failed completely as far as the time travel went. I started writing (AND RE-WRITING) a response to agree with another reviewer about the ending.....but in doing so, I think I may have convinced myself that it's actually not bad (though I still don't understand a great deal of the time travel crap in the book)...
(view spoiler)

Cassie C Bobby wrote: "Nadiraalisha wrote: "Guys,i just finished all our yesterdays but i dont understand the ending:(

SPOILER BELOW
Why marina couldnt remember what happening with the future version of herself,doctor a..."

Thank you so much! I was thinking along the lines of this, but I wasn't completely sure. It clears everything up :)

Izzie okay, i absolutely loved this book :) it kept me guessing and everything was connected somehow (if that makes sense). I dont like how there is a second book though. i thought that this book was great by itself and i have no idea how you would add onto what has happened, especially with a certain main character (wink wink) who made the time machine and made it possible for everything in the book to happen, so im a bit confused on how it will continue. But i cant wait to read it!
Also, i got really confused with the ending. if you understand it, please post a post ;) it was just all words and there was a *spoilers* funeral and back flashes i just didn't know what was happening.

Bobby Teenager Izzie wrote: "Also, i got really confused with the ending. if you understand it, please post a post ;) it was just all words and there was a *spoilers* funeral and back flashes i just didn't know what was happening. "

Please take a look at my reply two above you...I think that might help with the ending.

Izzie Oh, thank you :) ^

starthspink2 about the ending... i got confused myself but decided to settle on my theory.

which is... (view spoiler)

Farzeen starthspink2 wrote: "about the ending... i got confused myself but decided to settle on my theory.

which is...

it was said that the future james was actually the one who sent someone to kill nate right? so if the ..."

As far as I understand, for example, if future you goes back in time to kill your grandfather, you wouldn't exist but a shadow would remain to kill your grandfather. (no offence intended)

Similarly, i guess a shadow remained to kill Nate. The whole thing is a tangled mess

Morgan Blacksten MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
THE ENDING AS I SEE IT........I think youve all got it a little tangled in your minds because it makes perfect sense to me!young James killing himself means everything that happens in any timeline from that point forward involving him ceases to exist. Nate was never shot originally. The doctor came back and did that once nate started getting too involved and when she says that he killed and saved him over and over its because old james killed him and younger james goes back to save him. But if older james can never exist then he can never go back to kill him originally. The part i dont like is that after all of it, suddenly marina and finn are back to having to fix everything?!?! Wtf?!?! We just underwent so much emotional turmoil but now were starting all over again with "you have to kill him and we might never even fall in love"???? Ugh...i dont like it...... thoroughly enjoyed the book though! :)

message 16: by Simran (last edited Jun 27, 2019 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Simran I have no problem understanding to the point james commits suicide and marina is attending his funeral and the fact that nate and finn are alive but what i dont understand is how do marina and finn end up in the cell and have the conversation of going back