Q&A with Penny J. Johnson discussion

While Bethlehem Sleeps
This topic is about While Bethlehem Sleeps

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Penny | 21 comments Mod
I included "Faith" within my book because, for me, the Christmas story means little without belief in the greatest Gift through Jesus' birth, His death, and His resurrection. May His hope, peace, joy, and love strengthen your faith in Him for the coming year and beyond.

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff | 8 comments I've wondered why Paul lists faith, hope and love as those that "remain." Do they have something in common? I think all three are involve knowledge, in some respect. Faith is about knowing who God is, hope is about knowing what God can do, and love is about knowing each other. Maybe that's echoed in the "two greatest commandments," knowing God will all our being, and loving others as ourselves. The book of Ecclesiastes has had an impact on me, and I think these three are echoed there as well... "because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad... Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun... here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind..."

Melissa | 5 comments Jeff's comment resonates with my thoughts today. After seeing Les Mis again today, I was thinking about how without faith, all of life reflects the vast wasteland that is much of Ecclesiastes. Les Mis is so raw that you feel how completely a hopeless a life without God would be. Obviously, you can't have a life with God without Faith.