Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > Steampunk?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (love4leo) | 137 comments Just wondering if anyone has read any "steampunk" type novels that they enjoyed I found one that I picked up and unfortunately it's for a younger audience and I didn't realize it at the time. I probably would have had I noticed the author. I haven't had a chance to start it yet, and I do plan to read it. You never know, it could be a good one. I'm just curious as to how big this genre is getting and if anyone here is a fan and can recommend a good author/authors. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by D.C. (new)

D.C. McGannon (dcmcgannon) Steampunk will become huge in 2013. It actually already is, but the literature for this genre will begin to catch up.

Very fun and interesting group of people, events, and artists in Steampunk.

Keep your eyes peeled for Steampunk this year.

message 3: by Teawench (new)

Teawench | 331 comments I love steampunk but am just getting into it. I loved A Latent Dark. Boneshaker was better than I thought it would be. The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack & Whitechapel Gods were a couple others that I really enjoyed.

message 4: by Mari (new)

Mari Biella (lifestooshort) | 1 comments I love steampunk and really hope that 2013 will be its year! Two steampunk books that I really enjoyed last year were Anno Dracula (though, depending on your definition of 'steampunk', this could be more of a gaslight romance) and The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray. The latter is aimed at a young adult audience, but is a great read for adults too. Whitechapel Gods took me a while to get into, but is definitely worth a read (and the cover is amazing, too).

Incidentally, if anyone fancies listening to some steampunk music, Abney Park are brilliant!

message 5: by Grampy (new)

Grampy (goodreadscomgrampy) "Gravely Inanimated" by Esther Wheelmaker worked for me. Amazon link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Gravely-Inanima...

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Wow some of those books are over 500 pages..dont know if I could read a book that lengthy

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments If there's any good length short Steampunk books I'd be interested..

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Yeah, those are pretty lengthy..I meant short steampunk books like 200-300 pages tops.

message 10: by Char (new)

Char  | 14245 comments Mod
I really liked Blood Riders. It has some steampunk, some old west feel and some horror as well.
A really cool, special train and some even cooler gadgets.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (love4leo) | 137 comments I'm about to start Boneshaker. I heard some good things about it from a friend.

message 12: by Walter (new)

Walter Spence (walterspence) | 573 comments I read Boneshaker a short while back. Thought it was good.

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments I keep hearing about Boneshaker, It sounds like an interesting book but it's way too long for me to want to read..