75 Books...More or Less! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (Intros & General) > Official Read-a-thon Thread 12/28/12 - 12/31/2012

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4111 comments Mod
Ready, set, read!

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments It's now 5:44 in my timezone, so I'm starting just a bit late, but I'm settling in now with Krampus: The Yule Lord. I'm on page 88 out of 357, and my main goal for the read-a-thon is to finish this book.

Happy reading, everyone!

message 3: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7651 comments Mod
I just started reading Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi last night. My goal this weekend is to finish it and another, The Masque of Red Death by Bethany Griffin. Gotta get reading!

message 4: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Hi everyone! Just got home from dinner with some friends. I'm going to start with the Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. It is a SciFi YA series. I liked the first book a lot more but I'm trying to stick it out with this one.

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy | 1116 comments I didn't even know we were read-a-thoning! Works for me! i just finished Carrot Cake Murder Now I'm reading Married by Mistake. It was a Kindle freebie, I started awhile back, I think it'll be a quick read. We'll see!

Happy Reading!

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Oh no! I did an GR Event for our group and sent in invitation. I don't think it worked though. We've talked about it before though and did a poll and people picked this weekend so we have a nice group either way :)

I'm headed to bed to read some more. I got 60 pages read today but it was before we started so I'm not counting those. I did read 50 pages since we started though. My goal for tomorrow is 250 pages!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) I was having my own read-a-thon completely unaware of the official one! I'm trying to finish my 100 books for 2012 before Tuesday. I finished #95 this morning (Fallen in Love) and am close to finishing 96 (Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir). I might actually reach my goal! :) Happy reading!

message 8: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Emily, please join us! We will be here reading through the weekend and now and then posting! Good luck on your 100!

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments I wound up reading 101 pages last night. Not too shabby! :)

I probably won't have as much reading time today, unfortunately, between a family dinner and my friend's Festivus party.

message 10: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Lianne, 100 pages ig great!

Here are my totals so far:

Pages Read: 152 and 2 CD’s

Friday Total: 48 (2 CD’s)
Saturday Total: 104

I'm headed to the gym with my book on tape before the snow comes. We might get up to 8 inches today. I also should fill up my tank.

message 11: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

64 pages read last night.

Just started snowing here. 2-4 inches we're supposed to get. Perfect cozy reading weather! Have to get the hubby's car and then I'm hunkering down with a fire, tea, and my book!

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) I have a book I've been putting off, so this is helping me kickstart it. finished 70 pgs of Dear Life by Alice Munro. I also kind of dropped out of the 75 book group last year, but decided to rejoin earlier this month.

message 13: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Hey Don, nice to see you again! I'm glad that you are back with us. We are all trying to take advantage of this last weekend of 2012 to get that last book or so in.

I've read a few books by Alice Munro but not the one you mentioned.

message 14: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Page 197 and the snow is still falling. Fire is roaring in the wood stove and the pets and I are very comfy cozy!

message 15: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Still reading along here but no snow only heavy rain.

message 16: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Just finished Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I absolutely loved it!!!!! It was so good and captivating! I wish there was more of a back story and explanation of why the world is the way it is, but it's still a 5. Thank goodness the 2nd book comes out January 8!!!!! And I'm totally spending $3 on the 68-page Roar and Liv story. *melts* I'm going to read that and then start on Masque of Red Death by Bethany Griffin. Stilllll snowing. Lol

message 17: by Andrea, Moderator (last edited Dec 29, 2012 08:57PM) (new)

I'm throwing in the towel for today, here are my totals so far...

Total Pages to Read: 1494 and 9 CD’s
Pages Left: 1146
CD’s Left: 6

Pages Read: 348 pages and 3 CD’s (33%)

Saturday Total: 300 (1 CD)

message 18: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) | 854 comments I had started Locked In - Kerry Wilkinson on Friday. Gonna finish this asap x

message 19: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Beginning the day 38% done the Roar and Liv - Under the Never Sky novella. Not planning on doing a thing today except read!

message 20: by Joy (new)

Joy | 1116 comments Oh man,I have read 35 pages in "The Stand", and am about to go curl up in bed with it again, I wanna see if I can get to page 400....that will be a stretch.

message 21: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I got some reading done early this am but I can't put Brian off from eating any longer...hahaha I'll be back a little later...

Total Pages to Read: 1494 and 9 CD’s
Pages Left: 1061
CD’s Left: 7

Pages Read: 433 pages and 3 CD’s (33%)

Sunday Total: 85

message 22: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1452 comments Hey all, not doing any reading but figured I'd stop by to see how everyone's doing. Looks like lots of reading going on these last few days!

message 23: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Charleen! So glad you stopped by, we are reading up a storm :)

I just finished the Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. It started off a little slow for me but the ending was good! One more to add to the total-woohoo!

message 24: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Finished Roar and Liv. Such a good little novella! Starting Masque of Red Death as soon as I finish the excerpt for Through the Ever Night!!!!

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments Last night I read another 50 pages of Krampus. So that brings my read-a-thon total so far to 151 pages.

I have 118 pages left in this book. I wonder if I could finish today... I'd really like time to fit in one of my review copies tomorrow!

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) Plugging away at Dear Life. If not for being a book club read I would probably quit. I haven't found a character I like yet, but half way done.

message 27: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm so excited that people have been able to finish some more books. I was able to finish 3 books that I have been reading for a while. My goal is to finish 3 more tomorrow but it will be a miracle...hahah

Pages Read: 711 pages and 5 CD’s (55%)

Sunday Total: 363 (2 CD)

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments Wow, those are some impressive page counts, Andrea! :)

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments Just finished Krampus: The Yule Lord! So that leaves me time to squeeze in one last review copy this year. Which also means reading my first book on my new Kobo Glo I got for Christmas! Yay! :) I'm now starting The Living Room.

message 30: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Thanks Lianne, this is the highest I have ever done for a weekend. I'm at 821 and with a couple of hours tomorrow between work and a party I thik I will get to 1000. I'm very excited :)

message 31: by Joy (new)

Joy | 1116 comments I did it! I made it to page 417 in The Stand, and I think I may get further. 400 was my goal, so I made it!

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyknap) I was able to finish three more this weekend which puts me at 99. I've started my 100th book and I will finish it tonight no matter what! Glad I could finally participate in a read-a-thon. Happy New Year's Eve!

message 33: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Hair appt and then reading all day! I'm 28% through Masque of Red Death. It's interesting. I love Poe's original. this is also book74 out of my 75 goal!! So close I can taste it! :) Be safe tonight everyone!

message 34: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm at work and it is very slow so I am getting a little reading done between getting some work things done. My most wonderful boss said she doesn't care what I do today as long as someone is here :)

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments I ended up reading way more than I expected yesterday evening and late night. I finished the last 118 pages of Krampus, read all of The Living Room, which was 113 pages, and then read the first 10 pages of Dented Cans.

So my total for yesterday is 241 pages! Read-a-thon total so far = 392 pages!

I have 98 pages left of Dented Cans, which I'm hoping to finish today. That would put my books read in 2012 at 90 books! :)

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) Finished "Dear Life" and now starting on "Fall of Giants", only 40 pages so far and with company not sure how much I will get.

message 37: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm calling it a night - I can't read another line! I feel short of my BIG goal but kicked some readathon butt all the same! I'll post my final totals tomorrow.

Now, onto 2013 reading!!!!......

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 503 comments So, technically I went a bit past the official end time, but I'm still calling that 2012. :D I finished Dented Cans.

Read-a-thon total = 490 pages!
90 books read in 2012!

I'm going for 100 in 2013... So we'll see how that goes!

message 39: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Readathon Totals:
Under the Never Sky - 374 pages
Roar and Liv - 68 pages
Masque of Red Death - 324 pages
Flash Gold - 42 pages
Grand Total: 808 pages!

Great weekend, great first Readathon! :) Happy New Year!

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) Hadn't planned on company so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped.

Dear Life--319 pgs
Fall of Giants--113 pgs

Total: 432

Happy New Year, ya'll.

message 41: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Here are my final totals - best readathon ever for me. My eyes tuckered out on Monday.

I'm so glad we had so many people participate and people had a good time. Thanks everyone!!!

Pages Read: 961 pages and 5 CD’s (55%)

Sunday Total: 513 (2 CD)
Monday Total: 100

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.