CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Let's Discuss-Biblical Topics > Fighting Spiritual Battles

Comments Showing 1-50 of 199 (199 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
"For Our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the powers, against the authorities, and against the rulers of this dark world. And against the dark forces of the heavenly realm." Ephesians 6:12. (a mix of a bunch of versions)

As christians we r constantly fighting a spiritual battle of God versus Satan, Sin versus Righteousness. The battlefield is in our. mind where Satan is trying to gain ground and convince us to compromise our values. Everytime we hurt God and sin we are pushed further away from him and give Satan a bit. more ground. Yet every time we repent and come back to God we are gaining ground.

Every soul matters in this ongoing war, saving a soul is saving someone for eternity so girls I want to encourage you to stay bold to stay strong :) We have a message, a message of Gods love and power thats going to take this world by storm!

Post any comments, questions, or ideas on how we can better fight this battle against the evil one :)

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Use your armor! Fight with God's Word. Whenever you are in a battle, turn to the Bible just like Jesus did when He was tempted :) It has all the answers and will never fail.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Ooooooh! This is a good thread! Great idea, Caro!

message 4: by Leon (new)

Leon | 2091 comments yah

message 5: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

thanx! I thought we could help people who feel like their on the losing side or if they feel far from God. Sometimes i do...in a way like i need to try really hard to remember God's love and power and everything but thankfully we have the Bible. sakes, if we didnt where would we be??

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments I'd be lost.... There was this song. I gotta find the lyrics it's amazing.

message 7: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

cool ive been listening to a lot of amazing christian music. oh! another way to fight satan is constantly using God's name IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST GO AWAY the devil hates that hehehe

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments He runs away when he hears it! The devil will flee!!

message 9: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yayy! mommy told me that when i was like 4 and i didnt get it then but now i do :D lol its hard to see God control in our every day lives bc everywhere u turn the news the media its like satans there full of awfulness and death and chapter seven and immorality then there r beautiful moments and every breath being a miracle. Gods love.

message 10: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Yup. My mommy taught me that Jesus was the answer to everything. You could tell I got it when I wrote down that 2+4= Jesus in grade one when I forgot how to use my fingers to add :P

message 11: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

lol!! i wonder what you're teacher said!! anyone else in the group of 214 other people who might have an opinion?

message 12: by Rose (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:44AM) (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments You guys might think I'm crazy for saying this, but sometimes, I almost look forward to hard times. Its not like I want to suffer or anything, but I like to be reminded of how small I am and how incredibly big God is. Being brought low can really put life in perspective and see how many blessings I brush past daily. They make me realize that God is my Dad and I love Him and I know that He's going to hold my hand through hard times.

I want the opportunity to really grasp what relying on Him is. Through my daily life, I don't go through much major spiritual war-fare that I used to suffer from day in and day out. I just sink into this stale monotony that becomes life for me. Sure I can trust Him on the little things, that's easy, but what about the big things? I keep asking myself 'what if?'

Last year we did a play at my school about Chinese persecution. I was a Chinese person at this underground church and in one of the scenes, the Chinese police burst into our service and demand that all people who deny Christ can leave, but all believers must stay to be shot in the head. My character chose to stay, but I kept wondering: "What would I really do if this was real? Would I be willing to die here in this little cave surrounded by all these people, or would I leave and save myself?

I'm not saying that I want any of that to happen to me, but it still bothers me to think upon that scene and wonder "Do I love God that much, that I would die then and there for Him?"

message 13: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

I totally get that! sometimes i WANT my faith to be challenged so we can depend more on God. as americans we have food, education, money, clothes, dhelter almost everything. And thats a problem bc we arent used to depending on God. Sometimes i wonder if i would have that faith not to deny christ if i were in that situation. I totally get that Rose :)

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "I totally get that! sometimes i WANT my faith to be challenged so we can depend more on God. as americans we have food, education, money, clothes, dhelter almost everything. And thats a problem bc ..."

So I'm not alone :)

message 15: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yay! People think im crazy when i say i want to go somewhere dangerous where theres persecution because then we will know what it truly means to rely on God. My parents want me to be safe secure, and i respect that but whatever God has in store we arent afraid to face it!

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "yay! People think im crazy when i say i want to go somewhere dangerous where theres persecution because then we will know what it truly means to rely on God. My parents want me to be safe secure, a..."

In a way, I am afraid. Fear of the unknown I guess. There is a saying though: Courage is not the absence of fear, only the realization that something else is more important than fear. So, yeah, I feel afraid about what lies ahead, but that's not going to keep me from taking it head on and relying on God in the midst of it.

message 17: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yeah!! nice quote :D i dont want to live a normal american life. yadayada nice home middle class good job couple kids that stuff i think God called us to be radical and thats the best way to fight this Spiritual battle.

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "yeah!! nice quote :D i dont want to live a normal american life. yadayada nice home middle class good job couple kids that stuff i think God called us to be radical and thats the best way to fight ..."

I don't want a normal life either! I want a colorful, creative, adventurous husband who is adaptable and smart and a christian. And kids with culture and life! No boring stuff! I want to go crazy for God!

message 19: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

YAY! that sounds cool! i also want to get out of this country or at least this city. probs go extreme poverty or extreme barbarian lol middle east downtown NYC downtown detroit or the amazon :P

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "YAY! that sounds cool! i also want to get out of this country or at least this city. probs go extreme poverty or extreme barbarian lol middle east downtown NYC downtown detroit or the amazon :P"

Caro wrote: "YAY! that sounds cool! i also want to get out of this country or at least this city. probs go extreme poverty or extreme barbarian lol middle east downtown NYC downtown detroit or the amazon :P"

I want to travel all over the place! My kids will see the world! Or at least my husband and I :)

message 21: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

haha ikr! i dont know if ill marry...i want to but bible translating and mission work..we'll see whatever God wants and whatevers best to fight this battle! also consider we might be raptured before

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "haha ikr! i dont know if ill marry...i want to but bible translating and mission work..we'll see whatever God wants and whatevers best to fight this battle! also consider we might be raptured before"

You never know, Caro. Just live day to day! God wants us to focus on right now, not tomorrow or yesterday :D

message 23: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yup good advice! worry wont get us anywhere God will take care of us wont he?

message 24: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "yup good advice! worry wont get us anywhere God will take care of us wont he?"

Yup:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I get ya, Rose.

I, too, sometimes wish for hard challenges. Life does get so monotonous - same thing day in and day out. I want SOMETHING to happen.

But I realize that first things first, I have to actually overcome all those little things that I can't seem to let go of, no matter how small. Because if we can't get pass small things, how are we going to survive a big trial? I realize the little things in life that bother me, that cause me stress and worry, maybe cause me to hold a grudge... those are there to strengthen my faith and help me to learn to rely more and more on God, so that when the time comes for the final test - and I do believe that every individual will come to a big final test sometime in their life - I will be ready for it.

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Cari wrote: "I get ya, Rose.

I, too, sometimes wish for hard challenges. Life does get so monotonous - same thing day in and day out. I want SOMETHING to happen.

But I realize that first things first, I have ..."

I know that as well, but the little things don't really bother me. I rarely stress or freak out and I pass by things quite easily.

message 27: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

thats what lena was telling me a few years ago when we started our mission team (it kinda died :() anyways she said we needed to accomplish small things and get bigger from there. in a sense we still fail in every day things. like i pass judgement on kids who r messed up without even thinking of helping them and other stuff like that. satan seems to get the upperhand quite often these days doesnt he? even though in the long run God is always the victor. i always wondered why the devil even bothered to tryy

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Cuz the devils crazy thats why

message 29: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

in a sense not particularly smart either

message 30: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments He's crazy and Stupid. There we go.

message 31: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

TADA okay anybody else out there??? oh and if you gals ever need help fighting this battle we will b here for u!!

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose (seekeroftruth) | 2966 comments Caro wrote: "thats what lena was telling me a few years ago when we started our mission team (it kinda died :() anyways she said we needed to accomplish small things and get bigger from there. in a sense we sti..."

Because he is going try drag down as many people as he can before he goes.

message 33: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yeaaah heartless cruelness urghhhh

message 34: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

theres an interesting scene in revelation where satan gathers all the armies from the four corners of Earth and surround the christians in this one city and everyone thinks theyll defeat God but at the last minute God sends down fire from heaven to destroy em. That sorta explains a lot of our situations today when we think Gods not here satans always winnin God may take awhile but hes never late :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:43PM) (new)

Right, so we already said that the mind is the battlefield. Can we expound a little bit on that?

We are body, spirit, and soul, agree? Our soul affects our spirit which in turn affects our flesh. In our soul, we either have faith or we have doubt. Our spirit has these 5 senses: imagination, conscience, memory, reason, affection. Our bodies: See, taste, feel, smell, and hear.

The devil likes to use our senses to try to deceive us. And if we don't have faith, he wins.

In church tonight we were talking about how we can't even trust our carnal mind. It can be easily tricked. We even looked at optical illusions, and also about how the human eye has blind spots - our brains actually make up some of the things that we see! It fills it in. And according to science, we actually go blind several minutes every day - and we don't know it!

We also read about this study - they were able to trick a man into believing a memory that wasn't actually true - just by getting him to write about it every day - for five days, and every time he wrote, the memory seemed to get more detailed. At the end of the study, they asked him which of his memories were the most real to him - and he chose the fake one.

See how our minds can be so easily tricked into believing things that aren't truth?

The devil does that to us every single day. He wants to make us doubt, he attacks our senses - if we don't stand on the Word of God, we won't overcome all these tests and trials that we go through.

How do we overcome? Have faith.

Also Revelation 12:11:
And they overcame him [here Revelations was talking about the great red dragon, which is Satan] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I thought that was such a great scripture!

message 36: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

thanks so much!! it IS true mr paul always said that our mind was the battlefield and after all satan can trick us in so many ways like he has with a lot of athiests that DONT have God. Good job expounding cari :)

message 37: by Tara (new)

Tara | 16 comments The best way to battle the lies of the enemy is to know the truth, the word of God. Thats why its so important to memorize scripture, so when you hear a lie you can recognize it right away and rebuke the enemy!

message 38: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

yes!! wise wise :) by the blood of Jesus Christ we can turn the devil away

message 39: by Tara (new)

Tara | 16 comments Caro wrote: "yes!! wise wise :) by the blood of Jesus Christ we can turn the devil away"

Amen!

message 40: by Tara (new)

Tara | 16 comments Christ has conquered and given us all the tools we need to resist the enemy.http://makaiqueen.com/going-deeper-bl...

message 41: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

we can build each other up too as sisters in christ :) sry that link didnt work

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

In church today, the sermon was "Power Over Devils". It was so good! I will post some thoughts on this tomorrow. :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2013 06:41PM) (new)

The Bible tells us that "[our] adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"... (1 Pet. 5:8)

Luke 9:1
"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases."

Luke 10:17-20
"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

God gives His followers power and authority! Over all the power of the enemy....

How do we use our power?

James 4:7
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We need to learn to recognize God in every circumstance... We need to submit to God.

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. (2 Corinthians 2:11)

We. Are. Not. Ignorant. The Bible informs us of the tactics of the devil. He likes to attack us through our minds. It tells us in Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

See... "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Lots of scripture, I know. But I've had them on my mind, so...

Share your thoughts on these scripture, and post other scripture verses that stand out to you, in response to "fighting spiritual battles".

message 45: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

THATS SO COOL I LIKE THE LUKE VERSE about i beheld satan as lightning fell from the sky. yup hes not all that powerful bc THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST is waay more powerful :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

That's right, Caro!

At Your name
The mountains shake and crumble
At Your name
The oceans roar and tumble
At Your name
Angels will bow
The earth will rejoice
Your people cry out

Chorus:
Lord of all the earth
We shout Your name, shout Your name
Filling up the skies
With endless praise, endless praise
Yahweh, Yahweh
We love to shout Your name, oh Lord

At Your name
The morning breaks in Glory
At Your name
Creation sings Your story
At Your name
Angels will bow
The earth will rejoice
Your people cry out

message 47: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

dont actually know that song but sounds powerful..

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

At Your Name, by Phil Wickham.

message 49: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments do you have any songs to recommend Carcar?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm Sometimes He Calms the Storm, by Scott Krippayne, is a good one.

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong...

« previous 1 3 4