Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > Classic Romances

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments What books do you feel really believe belong in the Classic Romance category? Books that have stood the test of time. Try to choose books older than 10 years old. They can be of any romantic genre, contemporary, historical, romantic suspense, romantic fantasy, paranormal, etc...

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Can you believe I've never read Kathleen Woodiwiss? She's on my list but so is everything else.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments I'd think you'd have to put the Outlander series into this category. The first book was written about twenty years ago and it's just epic!

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments lol, can you believe I haven't read Outlander yet? Maybe someday!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I love the Outlander series, one of my favorites.

I don't think I've ever read any of the ones on your tried and true list except Jane Eyre which I read in 5th or 6th grade but I don't remember a lot about it.

I'm going to add them to my list.

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments I have issues with Rochester as a hero. But I have to remember it was written a Long Time Ago.

Persuasion has the most romantic line ever. In The Letter. You'll know what I'm talking about once you read it. <3

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Guess I'll have to read it ☺

message 9: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments Do it! I don't think the story is as good as P&P or S&S, but that line makes it all worth it.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments ok, I'll fit it in sometime soon ☺