Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > What's the Weirdest Dream You've Ever Had?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 304 comments I get weird dreams when I eat anything too close to bedtime. For example, last night I had a dream that I was staying with a friend who had a brother who turned into a zombie. The friend simply told me to keep my door locked at night and be careful not to let the guy bite me or she'd have to shoot me (because I'm not family and she can only keep track of one zombie at a time).

I'd love to hear about whatever unusual or bizarre dreams other people have had.

message 2: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Great thread Amy. I don't know about the weirdest dream, because I have so many, but one I remember well took place in a post-apocalyptic world where I was one of the few survivors. Large feline animals were roaming the streets. There were also old people, who had somehow mutated into vicious monsters who tried to kill me. They looked just like sweet old ladies and gents, but could move really fast and had sharp teeth. My fellow survivors double-crossed me, but I was able to flee into an abandoned attic. Wish I knew how it all ended.

message 3: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Kyle, hair in dreams supposedly represents your thoughts. Are you overwhelmed by chaotic thoughts? Or, since it was somebody else's hair, maybe other people's thinking is getting to you, suffocating you..?

message 4: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments You're welcome, Kyle. I always try to make sense of my dreams to help me recognize what's going on in my muddled brain.

message 5: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments If you tend to forget your dreams I think a journal would be helpful. It might help clarify the crucial elements of the dream, which are sometimes easy to overlook. Of course, sometimes your dreams are just the result of watching too much tv, like when I dreamt that Claire Danes rescued me from bikers (Homeland & SOA).

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 304 comments I think we need a thread where Bibliophile analyzes our dreams!

There are some dreams I have where I know that the place I'm in represents somewhere else even though they look nothing alike. For example, there's an old house that shows up in my dreams that represents Hell and suffering. When I'm in that house (always the exact same house) I know there will be something painful and uncomfortable coming along in the dream.

message 7: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Kyle - which Golden Girl? Please say Dorothy! Are you in the kitchen eating cheesecake or what? Come on, how am I supposed to analyze this without all the facts?

message 8: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Amy, I'm afraid my dream analysis skills are rather poor. Imagine if I mistakenly analysed a dream and ended up messing with innocent minds? I do enjoy discussing dreams though.

message 9: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Misha, that dream raises so many questions. Was Camilla your mother? How did the Queen receive you? What's it like to have William & Harry as half-siblings? I love the thought of a bowling alley in Buckingham Palace.

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I've killed people and been killed. Don Draper was once my father. I once was Buffy the slayer of mutant book pages. I've been lost quite a few times. I've been chased and kidnapped. I've encoutered aliens and witches. I drove a really cool car. I had quintuplets, only to have them disappear one after the other.

message 11: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Also: in dreams, supermarkets are never a good place.

message 12: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Sorry your dream was a negative one, Kyle. Bea Arthur was lovely. Did you know about her colorful past? http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/bea-arthur-was-truck-driving-marine bea-arthur-was-a-truck-driving-marine

message 13: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Scary dreams, Janine. I wish there had been an episode of Buffy featuring mutant book pages though.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments This is by far not the weirdest dream I have ever had but it is a reoccurring one that I get after reading or watching anything scary.

I am being chased by a really creepy little boy (who may not actually be a little boy). He wears glasses and never speaks. I run and run until I am in a neighborhood. I break into a house to hide from him. He follows me inside but I can't locate him to know I am safe from being found. It is always at this moment that I realize the boy has something I need to take from him. I begin to search for him frantically. I see him running outside through a window. I jump through the window and run after the boy. I can't find him. There is a van with windows on the back doors. I look through the windows. The boy suddenly appears in the window and I fall back because it scares the piss out of me. He shakes his head as if telling me, "no". The van starts up and begins to take off. I try to run after it. I can never catch it. I stop in the middle of the street and watch the van drive away. The boy continues to stare at me.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Oh yeah. There is another thread about dreams that LG may or may not post a link to on this one. :)

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments ::stares at Susan::

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::shakes fist and yells at Phil::

GIVE ME THE ...!

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I have lucid dreams, as well, Bdubs. Most of my dreams are in color. I remember one black and white dream where the only color that appeared was red. I wish I would have wrote that one down.

I had a dream when I was a little girl about a white house that had awnings over the windows that were green and white striped. I walked into the house and it was empty save for a playing music box.

A few days later, I was riding with my parents and I saw the house that was in my dreams. I exclaimed, "There is the house"! My parents just looked at each other when I told them about my dream.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 304 comments BunWat - I'm a lucid dreamer, also. It's like being the director of a movie and sometimes I will stop a dream and change the direction or do a scene over because I know that the ending won't turn out right if I don't.

I've also had serial dreams and when I was a child my mother wanted to put me into therapy because she didn't think it was right to have dreams in episodes like that. Sometimes I don't remember my dream at all until right before I fall asleep the next night and then the dream will pick up where it left off.

Dreams are fascinating, but maybe it's because of their mysterious nature.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I have serial dreams, too. I can also decide to dream about a certain thing, scenario or story plot and will proceed to have a dream about what I have decided on. I can pick up where I have left off in a dream if I want to, as well. I also do a lot of trouble-shooting of certain situations that I might have anxiety over in my dreams.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Cereal dreams?

message 22: by Susan (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:00AM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments The objects on your cereal box are smaller than they appear.

Yes to having a few dreams about Freddy K. but not in the Elm St. way (he isn't trying to kill me).

What is fascinating to me are the people you have never met being in your dreams but in those dreams, you know them, have strong feelings for them and you can feel the connection. Then you wake up and are befuddled by the mystery people, their faces slowly fading into the daylight.

message 23: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments I experience the lucid dreaming phenomenon, but to my memory it has only occurred in the early morning, just before I wake up. Perhaps that's because I generally don't remember earlier dreams?

::takes the ___ from Bun, removes the "susan" mask and continues staring at the real susan::

message 24: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Re. dreams about people we've never met but feel a strong connection to - I dreamt that I somehow travelled to a weird and wonderful place nobody knew about and met a man I had known as a child. He had created this place and was kind of a genius. He still looked like a little boy, as if he hadn't aged at all. I knew he held the answers to important questions about myself and my past, but I woke up before I had a chance to ask him. I felt a huge sense of loss upon waking, like he was the one person who would understand me and explain everything I need to know.

I wish I could continue the dream and have a long talk with this man-boy.

message 25: by Susan (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:42AM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments @Bdubs -sounds like she is a strong person with immense presence in your life.

message 26: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments I also dreamt that I was out walking and saw a friend of mine. I went up to her and said hi, but she didn't recognize me. I tried to tell her it was me, but she just shrugged politely. For a second I wasn't sure of who I was. Unsettling.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::chases Phil::

message 28: by Félix (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:56AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Who am I? This I often ask. The eternal question. I am you and you are me and we are we and we are all together.

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly. I'm crying.

message 30: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments So is this Felarryx?

or is this??

message 31: by Susan (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:09AM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments He might be a walrus wearing a turban.

Goo goo g'joob.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) The walrus and I share a birthday (his 10 years earlier).

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Holy cow, who is Paul?!

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ^Duh, Kyle. We were just singing the song.

I thought Paul might be a long lost TCer. Or perhaps he has just been replaced with a look-alike.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh crap. All these years.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments And then there is Elvis, who is still alive.

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::catches darts with ease and uses them to carve "Duh, Kyle" on table top::

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I had a dream that I was late for a meeting and running through a resource fair of some kind trying to get there, when Joe Biden put a hand on my shoulder and stopped me. He said we needed a photo, but I couldn't get my phone to switch to the forward-facing camera, and the whole time I was trying he kept nuzzling me. VERY WEIRD.

message 39: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments While little napped today, I also took one. This was the dream:

I am outside with my dogs. Atti-boy takes off (so true to life) and I begin to chase after him. I run past all these giant homes that are being built. I see Atti (who is now a giant black dog) up ahead as a car is approaching. I yell for him to come to me. He runs up to me then jogs past and up to one of the houses being worked on. I see that the door is ajar and the construction workers are pulling away. I stand behind a tree until they are out of sight then run inside the house. It smells strongly of newly finished wood floors. The fumes are so strong that I only peek around a little then run out of the house.

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I recall only one aspect of a recent weird dream. At the base of each of my palms was a single, long, very thick, dark hair that continuously waved back and forth like a little tail.

Weird, huh?

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Totally.

message 42: by Susan (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:48PM) (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I thought you could just go blind.

Can you read this, FeLarryix?

message 43: by Félix (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:55PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) I just need reading glasses at this stage.

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments There you have it.

message 45: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Kyle, me too. I also use a certain breathing technique to levitate and fly. Unfortunately it's been years since I flew.

message 46: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I had a scary, weird dream last night. I think there were TCers in it. Or my version of TCers. Anyways, we are all at my house which looks nothing like my house. There is this brick archway leading into some rooms. It doesn't look like it belongs at all. All of us are getting coats on to go somewhere and this creepy skeleton doll thing comes out of the room. It is cackling and talking about something. It scares us all. This makes me mad. I do some crazy fly through the air over it's head move and land above the archway behind it. It turns to look at me and I jump down on it yelling. I guess I was trying to scare it away. I woke myself up, yelling. I was trembling for awhile and could not fall right back to sleep.

No more Theraflu before bedtime.

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I wish I would dream of the Ficus. :(

message 48: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Last night I was going to marry Michael Fassbender. I was waiting at the church and he was really late, so once he finally showed up I was so annoyed I called off the wedding. I can't believe I missed out on a honeymoon with Fassbender. My dream-me is stupid.