Sir Read-A-Lot's Court of Historical Fiction discussion

free on Kindle

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherineashe) | 1 comments Delighted to find you, Sir. Debra Brown sent me your contact information yesterday. While it's indecent to promote my own book on such brief acquaintance, I do want to let your readers know that they can have Montfort The Early Years for free for Kindle on Dec 29-30.

I'm charmed by the thought of your Court, somewhat like that of Sleeping Beauty though here your courtiers aren't snoozing but each is bent over a book -- each mind off in the world sketched by the pages.

For those who may be interested, Montfort is the story of the life of the man who in 1258 founded Parliament and created modern democracy. His name isn't well known because, after his death in battle in 1265, it was made a hanging crime to mention him. Very effective anti-public relations. His life prior to his mortal involvement in politics was more adventuresome and chaotic than would be dared in fiction.
Montfort is a four-volume series, written as a novel but the product of 35 years of research. The catastrophic reversals in Simon's life are so abrupt and seemingly without cause -- as far as preserved documents of the period record (and there are many)-- that I've used the novel form to explore the possible causal threads.

Glad to be meeting you and your courtiers here.
Merry Christmas and warm regards,
Katherine
(Note: I'm not the same Katharine Ashe who writes romances.)
Montfort The Founder of Parliament The Early Years 1229 to 1243

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Katherine wrote: "Delighted to find you, Sir. Debra Brown sent me your contact information yesterday. While it's indecent to promote my own book on such brief acquaintance, I do want to let your readers know that th..."

Hi Katherine, thank you for your kind words. I already have your book on my very big TBR pile!

May I wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year

Regards
Stuart