Speaker Geeks! discussion

Chat Away! > Music

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

Lo (darkalleycookies) | 563 comments Mod
Music is a broad topic, so that calls for a lot of argument--do you like yours loud or quiet? Pop or rock? Dubstep or classical? Favorite singers?

message 2: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I prefer my music to be quiet or moderately so (think: Taylor Swift). I don't particularly enjoy loud music.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am Eminem,The Beatles and Kings of Leon fan.
But I also listen other artists too.Type of music depends on mood.:)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

One good thing about music, when
it hits you, you feel no pain.
-Bob Marley

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison (alison_loves_books) | 12 comments I know this is going to sound weird. However, as a dedicated theatre kid I love showtunes. Think musicals and stuff (Like Les Miserables) But I listen to almost anything besides pop. I'm sorry it's just eh.

message 6: by l (new)

l I like heaps of stuff like Birdy, Florence + The Machine, Lady Gaga (lots of her much older stuff, too), Fun and I really like the covers that Glee does.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Alison wrote: "I know this is going to sound weird. However, as a dedicated theatre kid I love showtunes. Think musicals and stuff (Like Les Miserables) But I listen to almost anything besides pop. I'm sorry it's..."

Thats not weird.Everyone have their own taste.

So you love theatre?Thats great.

message 8: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Alison wrote: "I know this is going to sound weird. However, as a dedicated theatre kid I love showtunes. Think musicals and stuff (Like Les Miserables) But I listen to almost anything besides pop. I'm sorry it's..."

I love stuff like that too!

message 9: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 512 comments I'm more of a hard rock, punk, and metal listener, with a bit of alternative rock mixed in.

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison (alison_loves_books) | 12 comments Abhishek wrote: "Alison wrote: "I know this is going to sound weird. However, as a dedicated theatre kid I love showtunes. Think musicals and stuff (Like Les Miserables) But I listen to almost anything besides pop...."

Wow. Thanks. I've gotten some weird looks from people about this kind of stuff

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison (alison_loves_books) | 12 comments Leah wrote: "Alison wrote: "I know this is going to sound weird. However, as a dedicated theatre kid I love showtunes. Think musicals and stuff (Like Les Miserables) But I listen to almost anything besides pop...."

That's awesome! Yeah!

message 12: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (last edited Dec 28, 2012 07:17PM) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I also like country music (I prefer the classic stuff to the more modern, although the modern is okay), Taylor Swift (I'm not sure WHERE to put her), Natalie Grant, Jason Mraz, and some 60's/70's/80's stuff. I'm warming up to Elvis a bit also. :)

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 7 comments I like a lot of different types of modern music.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan ...so many books and so little time (lavateacher66) I am a lover of books and great music...there are just times when music needs to be played loud..,and other times when the softer the better...just depends on my mood..,and the book I am reading.

message 15: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Definitely relatable! :)

message 16: by Alison (new)

Alison (alison_loves_books) | 12 comments Jacie.... You are so much like me. But I'm just gonna say the musical Grease is better than the movie. It's more of an ensemble piece instead of two leads. But I love West Side Story. So much.

Marija *Somewhere beyond this starless sky, Through the darkest days of mine, Another sun will rise* | 64 comments I love rock music. It's really honest for me and it helps me to go through some hard times. Music is my best friend. I preffer bands and when I hear some good song I can't get over it in months. I like bands like 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin, Nirvana, Linkin Park, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace...

message 18: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 512 comments Once more, I like what you like

message 19: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I like songs with meaningful lyrics. So like Coldplay, The Script, The Fray, P!nk (her lyrics are actually really good. She's not just the singer of "So What")

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i love loud music i mean you cant listen to it propeley if its not rattling your brane and i love meatl any kind and some hard rock

message 21: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Cool!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

well thank you :-P

message 23: by Kathy ♡ (new)

Kathy ♡ (dattebayooo) | 73 comments Two favorites of ALL TIME is: Skrillex and The Wanted :D

message 24: by Nessa (new)

Nessa | 56 comments Okay so I'm an old soul and LOVE classical (Mozart, Beethoven) and Jazz (Luis Armstrong, Wynton Marsalis) However I do enjoy some resent Music such as Bruno Mars and Maroon 5

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here, Nessa!! I love classical!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ummmmmm, LOTS.

Has anyone heard of k-pop?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

No...

message 28: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (last edited Mar 10, 2013 09:39AM) (new)

Daneesha wrote: "Ummmmmm, LOTS.

Has anyone heard of k-pop?"

Yes. My friends are obsessed with it.

Oh yeah, anyone who thinks they don't know what KPop is--ever heard of Gangnam Style?

message 29: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 2483 comments i've heard of it lol

message 30: by Arwen (new)

Arwen k-pop j-pop
classical/heavy metal
pop
rock

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I have not listened to much of English music. A few by Enrique, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Bryan Adams, Titanic music.. And I like all of them. But generally I hear songs in my language :-)

message 32: by Flora (Ludacris) (new)

Flora (Ludacris) (shipitlikefedex) Hᴜᴍʙʟᴇ Hᴜᴍᴀɴs, BEWARE: Mɪsᴄʜɪᴇғ Mᴀɴᴀɢᴇᴅ. ;) wrote: "I have not listened to much of English music. A few by Enrique, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Bryan Adams, Titanic music.. And I like all of them. But generally I hear songs in my language :-)"

Which is...?

message 33: by T.J. (new)

T.J. No country...please, just no. Rock, Christian, Christian Rock, and just slow songs I'll do. Ooooh, or instrumental like violin or piano.

message 34: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 2483 comments I like anything that takes thought in the lyrics. aka, coldplay, Keane, The Shins, Of Monsters and Men, Fun, etc. and if i'm in the mood, some pop or country.

message 35: by Lo, I'm a waste of time (new)

I don't know how to categorize it all, but I think it's mostly "Alternative Rock"?

message 36: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 166 comments Owl City...

message 37: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments I have a varied music taste but at the moment it's Frank Turner and The 1975