Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Who would you pick... Gale or Peeta??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 413 (413 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Lilys Templeman Gale for me. I dont see why he didnt take Peeta's place to start with

message 2: by Sandra (last edited Dec 28, 2012 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sandra Well, If he did, who would take care or Katniss's family when she died? (you are talking about the Hunger Games name calling, right?)

As far as Mocking jay goes, I would pick Peeta. He is sweet and gentle. Ready to defend when needed.
I know Gale is too, but I just don't get the same feeling from him as I do from Peeta. But I think that is due to the fact that Peeta is more of a main character then Gale is.

But if we are strictly talking surviving the Games in book one, I would have picked Gale due to his experience in hunting. Then ultimately the story would change and we would have to kill one another...

If you are talking about the Games tho, would it be better to have started this thread in the Hunger Games discussions?

Leah Peeta...definitely Peeta.

Farisa Gale!

Alexander Pyles Peeta no question at all!

Leah Thank you! :)

message 7: by H (new) - rated it 4 stars

H Gale, Gale, a million times, GALE.

Maddie GALE!! When I finally finished the trilogy, I was actually quite disappointed that Katniss ended up with Peeta. Gale seemed sweet, and it's more reasonable for me to end up with a childhood sweetheart who can hunt than a boy with a gelatinous backbone. Plus, Gale is much cuter in the movie <3 I'm definitely with Hannah on this one!!!!

message 9: by H (new) - rated it 4 stars

H Madigale22 wrote: "GALE!! When I finally finished the trilogy, I was actually quite disappointed that Katniss ended up with Peeta. Gale seemed sweet, and it's more reasonable for me to end up with a childhood sweethe..."

Finally someone sees it like me! He's always been my choice and I'm just sitting back annoyed while everyone swoons over Peeta. Gale held down her home while she was gone and she comes back all over Peeta...horrible.

Maddie Aaah exactly!!! Gale has to watch Katniss fight for her life on television. He is also watching her slowly fall in love with Peeta. How terrible it must be for him!!! And remember when Gale and Katniss said their final goodbye's? Gale never got a chance to finish what he said. When his love emerges victorious... she emerges with her new flame! I bet that Gale would have fought more for Katniss' heart, and won, if the girl wasn't so mixed up in the head. Why not pick the one who has grown up with you, helped your family survive, and who will root for you until the very end? There was a strong character with a soft heart for you, and to break that heart, not a very smart decision. Sigh...poor Gale.

Iulia Peeta all the way.

Lilys Templeman GALE GALE Gale!!!! Thanks guys, someone who agrees with me!

Lilys Templeman Avalon wrote: "Well, If he did, who would take care or Katniss's family when she died? (you are talking about the Hunger Games name calling, right?)

As far as Mocking jay goes, I would pick Peeta. He is sweet an..."

Fair enough. Sorry, I did mean to put it it in the hunger games section.

Godiva3 I would totally choose Peeta!

Sandra Lilys wrote: "Avalon wrote: "Well, If he did, who would take care or Katniss's family when she died? (you are talking about the Hunger Games name calling, right?)

As far as Mocking jay goes, I would pick Peeta...."

I don't mind, some times it just gets confusing and it's no fun if things get spoiled for people not having read Mocking Jay yet ;) I'm just saying lol

Lilys Templeman im not following....

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i would pick gale. hes like AMAZING! hes like my bf lucas. each r perfect :)

Holly PPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAA, Josh Hutcherson plays Peeta in the movies so I just couldn't say no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LILYS GET IT TOGETHER GIRL, WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE SOME SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS AT SKL !!!!!!!!

Mervat I would choose Peeta because he's gentle and loving. He's my dream guy.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

*shakes head* gale is a leader and a fighter and my ALMOST dream guy. id say dream guy but im dating my REAL dream guy ;)

Mervat ₵î௹៛ ❤ my first bf ❤ wrote: "*shakes head* gale is a leader and a fighter and my ALMOST dream guy. id say dream guy but im dating my REAL dream guy ;)"

Good for you ;)

Lilys Templeman lol holly!!!!!!!! saw the movie today!! peeta is a wimp xxx

message 23: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Van calster peeta!! he is so cute :p

message 24: by Ashtin (new)

Ashtin peeta is most definitely not a wimp! just because he shows his sensitive side doesn't mean he is weak. I mean for crying out loud he he got stabbed and is now facing the aftereffects while the girl he loved his whole life can quite possibly die.

Lilys Templeman Yeah good point but just even from the beginning he looks down. Im not saying I dont like him, because I do, its just thatI prefer Gale.

Alice At first I thought Gale... then by the end of the novel I changed my mind - Peeta!!!!!!!!

Jessi Finnick. Oh wait,Peeta. Gale...i dont even want to look at his face. Don't get me wrong one of my favorite parts in the books actually has Gale in it (when he was passed out in the second on that table), but I hated him by the end of the third book. Hated him.

widi mutiara lorenza sirait I used to choose Gale but in the third book he was portrayed differently then he was in all of the others, and then he moved and left Katniss:(
So.. I would choose Peeta, clingy but he is romantic and sweet and also cute!

message 29: by Sora (new) - rated it 1 star

Sora Peeta

message 30: by -A (new) - rated it 4 stars

-A Gale. Loved him through all books and was sad when Katniss chose Peeta but I guess that's how the story is supposed to go.

message 31: by Gaby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaby Testa PEETA!!!

Madison Peeta! At first my choice was Gale, but by the end of the third book I just couldn't stand him.

message 33: by Gaby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaby Testa I like peeta. I think peeta.

Ronan Egan Gale

Julia Flynn Wesley stromberg

Amanda Peeta!!;) Sorry Gale!

message 37: by Tara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara Madison wrote: "Peeta! At first my choice was Gale, but by the end of the third book I just couldn't stand him."
I know, right? I really liked Gale and would have been really happy with him and Katniss but then he turned into a bit of a monster by the third book . . .

Helena to be honest,I liked Peeta all the time but, I also loved Gale. Then when I read the end of the third book I was disappointed because, It seemed like Peeta kinda loved Katniss less then he did before and then Gale just leaves. I still like Peeta though because even though all the stuff that happened he actually stayed with Katniss.

Ryeleigh Im team katniss!!!!!!

Ryeleigh Btw i dont have "love feelings" for katniss

Maxine ❃ etherealpages PEETA!!!

Sacha Peeta!, no doubt of that!

Lilys Templeman GALE GALE GALE!!!

Sarah Peetaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my love :D

Julia Flynn hahaha

lol... keaton and wes"

Heather When Peeta was first introduced I was like, what about Gale, but as the trilogy proogressed, I saw that for all his professed love for Katniss, Gale was bitter and full of hatred. He just... wasn't right for Katniss, or me. And Peeta was loyal and true, and even after he was hijacked, he wanted them to kill him so Katniss would be safe.
Oh, and if Gale made a bomb that blew up my sister, I'd be pretty pissed. :L

Brittany Allen GALE!!!!!!!

Scribal Gale. Of course. He's her soulmate.

Ashley Gale. Honestly I thought Peeta did grow up a bit, but he never managed to rid himself of his reputation of being a pussy.
I also thought that Gale was there the entire time, he was truly in love with her, and it was sad that he had to leave.

Taryn PEETA!!
Gale is a dick. (no offense)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9