SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Cape Storm (Weather Warden, #8)
This topic is about Cape Storm
Archive: 2013 Buddy Reads > January Buddy Read - Cape Storm by Rachel Caine

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Hey guys! We will be reading Cape Storm in January, the penultimate book to the Weather Warden series! Come join us in the discussions if you've read it or not.

When in January does it suit you? Perhaps a bit later in the month?

message 2: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments I'm in!

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28251 comments You guys are making me wanna start this series. Maybe in 2013. :)

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments you haven't read this one yet? but how can this be? okay overacting aside, read it! hehehe

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments You should definitely read it Steph. It's so good. It took me a couple times to get into the first book, but I love the series and I'm so glad I did.

I'm ready to read this one whenever you ladies are!

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments hey Paris! all's well?

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Hey Midu! All's getting to be well. I feel like a total scatterbrain lately, but we are now at our desks at work and I think things will be a lot better now....easier. And maybe I'll no longer feel like a spaz. lol I miss talking to everyone.

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments :-D good to know!

message 9: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28251 comments Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I've got #1-9 just sitting patiently waiting on me to start them. Did I mention I'm a book hoarder? ;)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Ah, good to see you here Paris! Steph, definitely pick it up, this series has definitely blew me away (lol no pun intended). I think we should make a book hoarding support group, I'm the same lol!

message 11: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28251 comments Always good to know I'm not alone in my obsession. :)

message 12: by Midu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments book hoarding? pffft! ever met a review crazy person?
my review shelf!

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments So did we decide when we were going to read this? I wanted to make a note of it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this ends, even though I'm sad to read these last two books.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Oh yes, sorry about that got sidetracked with New Years and all that. Happy new year guys! I will be ready to read around the 15th of Jan about midmonth. I'm about to head to Hong Kong for a holiday and get back then!

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments No worries. I got sidetracked so much that I'm overdoing my organization right now. lol

That works for me. Have fun in Hong Kong!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Awesome, will do! See you guys when we start reading hehe :)

message 17: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments Works for me too...

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Hey ladies! Are we still starting this today or do ya'll need to push it back a little? I'm fine either way!

message 19: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments This is going to sound silly, but I knew I wouldn't be able to wait after Gale Force, so I picked it back up so I can go back to back. I will finish it up tonite and probably start Cape Storm in the next day or two.

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Okay Lis, that works. I have another buddy read that I'm finishing up and then I'll be able to start this one. I should be able to go in a day or two as well.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Hey guys! Just got back from my travels a few days ago. Ill be picking this one up today or so. Can't wait!

message 22: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments I started today after wrapping up Gale Force. Not far yet but it picks right up after the other one. Fingers crossed that this one picks up faster...

message 23: by Paris (last edited Jan 16, 2013 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments So I read the very beginning and it makes me laugh that they are taking over a cruise ship. Normally probably not funny or all that noteworthy, but my new job is as a cruise travel agent so I look at cruise ships all day long.

Welcome back Jeann!!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Thanks Paris! Hehe I could see the irony in that :)

message 25: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments That is funny Paris. We'll have to ask you the cruise expert questions about how a huge cruise liner that took 1000 staff members to run can function after its evacuated and loaded with wardens.

message 26: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Jan 18, 2013 05:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I'm up to chapter three and I can see how you would find all those egos funny especially in your situation Paris. Hehe

Anyone know what happened to the Ma'at? When they appeared I thought they would have more of a say in the happenings of Earth and there would be an all-out commotion but that whole thing seems to have blown over now. Or was that where bad bob had returned from and tried to take control of? I can't remember

message 27: by Paris (last edited Jan 19, 2013 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments I was wondering what happened with the Ma'at too. They are completely non-existent even at the 50% mark. I'm wondering if maybe they will show up at the end and come to the rescue.

I'm a little bummed that after Jo finally seemed to be trusted and powerful and important that (view spoiler)

As far as the ship, they usually like to have 1 crew member to every 2-3 passengers which is why there are so many. it's because people are super needy that they have that many people on board. Really the ship could run with less if it had to like this. It would be fun to be able to run around a huge luxury liner like that.

ETA: Spoiler for the half way mark (54% in) (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I've reached 41% and seeing (view spoiler)

I think somewhere in the book Jo has mentioned that all Weather Wardens are selfish and pretty much on a power trip which is so true lol. She also mentioned that Lewis was always calm but I don't see that at all. (view spoiler)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Jeann's first spoiler (view spoiler)

Second spoiler (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments 2nd spoiler (view spoiler)

1st spoiler: (view spoiler)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments 2nd spoiler (view spoiler)

1st spoiler (view spoiler)

message 32: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments Sorry guys, RL got in the way this week. I'm only at 30% so far.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Paris, just caught up to your 51% mark and read your comments: (view spoiler)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments That's ok Lis, what do you think of it so far?

message 35: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments Good so far. Glad David is around this time and the Wardens and Djinn are working together. Just worried about BB and how he is going to strike again. He always seems several steps ahead.

message 36: by Paris (last edited Jan 20, 2013 10:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Jeann (view spoiler)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments You're right Lis. BB does seem several steps ahead and he's so freaking powerful that the odds seem extremely against them.

message 38: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments At 47% (view spoiler)

message 39: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Jan 20, 2013 09:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Lis - (view spoiler)

Oh silly me, I thought we were on book 9 already! Yay, we have 2 more to go instead of 1 like I thought :)

message 40: by Paris (last edited Jan 20, 2013 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Ladies!! I can't wait for you to finish! I freaking loved this book. Solid 4.5...almost wanna give it 5 stars. I am really excited for the final book to see how things wrap up.

So here are some spoilers you probably shouldn't read until your done. And when you do read them, please excuse my spastic and possibly incoherent thought process. lol
(view spoiler)

message 41: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments 74% today, and still going. (view spoiler).

message 42: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments Finished! And Wow!! Never see those endings coming...

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Lis wrote: "Finished! And Wow!! Never see those endings coming..."

I know they are always so shocking. Glad you finished!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I'm nearly there too! Posting tonight!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Oh no, I don't know what I was thinking but we've only got one more book to go! I thought there were 10 books but there are 9 :(

Nearly finished, Jo's homicidal tendencies were hilarious thre
It's like she's herself but not quite right lol.

message 46: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Jan 23, 2013 04:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments OMGGGG I just finished! Wowow guys I think I am in love with David lol.

First, Paris:

(view spoiler)

I love this series. I'm so sad to see the next book be the end. 5 stars for me, as usual.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments Buddy read thread for the next book is here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Jeann

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Lis (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lis | 3550 comments Jeann (view spoiler)

message 50: by Jeann (Happy Indulgence) (last edited Jan 23, 2013 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments (view spoiler)

Has anyone read Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine ? I also have the Morganville vampire series on hand but haven't read yet. After the awesomeness that is Weather Wardens, I hope it can live up to it lol

« previous 1