! YA Heroines ! discussion

Debates > Werewolves or Vampires

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 04, 2013 04:47PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Edward or Jacob? Hot Vampire (err cold) or Loyal Werewolf?
You decide...
XxXx

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments I am forever on the fence with this one.... Jacward Forever!

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Same :)

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (pandabears) | 96 comments Jacob is better for her ~obviously~ and good looking *wink wink* ^_^ but I prefer Edward and I don't really know why, exactly.

message 5: by Katelin (new)

Katelin Forrester | 91 comments If it were different vamps and shifters, I would pick, but I don't really like Edward and I hate Jacob! I don't know why, but Jacob just got on my nerves. Of course, Bella doesn't really deserve either of them...

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments so if were talking about edward and jacob edward is always treating bella like she is helpless and can't do anything but sit on the sideline and cheer them on but he loves her and wants to protect her jacob doesn't seem to care about her feelings unless she wants to be with him ( a little selfish it seems) but on the vampire werewolf debate I'm torn cause i have read lots of vampire and werewolf series and they are very different and hard to compare vampires are mostly written with good and bad fighting each other while werewolf's seem to lean toward they want to find a cure or are guardians protecting everyone so i'm not sure I can choose one or the other

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 214 comments A majority of the time, neither. But occasionally, on the fence :)

message 8: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 04, 2013 10:40PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I think generally I like werewolves better, maybe I can relate to them more rather than vampires who suck blood. On the Twilight side it's neither.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer werewolves. I recently read an article that pointed out why werewolves are better than vampires- I wish I could remember where I'd seen it! Some of the reasons they gave were:

1) Werewolf diets are WAY better. Vampires can't eat anything and all they can drink is blood. Werewolves are human most of the time so they can eat whatever they want.

2) Werewolves have fewer weaknesses. Depending on what lore you follow (Twilight kind of threw all the regular rules out the window), werewolves typically can only be killed by something silver. Silver knife, sword, bullet, etc. Vampires, on the other hand, are allergic to garlic, holy water, crucifixes, sunlight, and a wooden stake to the heart. Again though, in Twilight things were much different.

I don't remember any of the other reasons except that the last one was "werewolves do not, under any circumstances, SPARKLE." Hahaha!

message 10: by Sally (new)

Sally | 9 comments Twilight - vamps over wolves
Mortal Instruments - wolves over vamps
Anne Rice - witches over vamps

in the end... Van Helsing (the Hugh Jackman version please)

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL:)

message 12: by Grace (new)

Grace | 148 comments werewolves, easier to feed

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments I guess if you think about it werewolves would be easier to date to you can order an extra rare steak but were are you gonna find somewhere to order o-

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Good point. True that.

message 15: by Lauren (last edited Mar 20, 2013 02:43PM) (new)

Lauren (booklover723) | 11 comments vampires of course.

message 16: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Scott | 64 comments Obviously vampires!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, I hate them both

Chloe Fandom Queen VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's the end of it.

message 19: by Grace (new)

Grace | 148 comments Werewolves, eternity is way to long.

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL and us fragile humans can't live that long. > <