The Witness The Witness discussion

THE WITNESS

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jayne Justis LOVED THIS BOOK.

Judy Collins Great Book-Brilliantly written! Loved it! The audio was excellent! With a quirky, unforgettable heroine and a pulse-pounding plot line, entertaining thriller! Daughter of a controlling mother, Elizabeth finally let loose one night, drinking at a nightclub and allowing a strange man's seductive Russian accent lure her to a house on Lake Shore Drive. The events that followed changed her life (loved the characters as in depth and well written - you will not be able to put it down!)

Shawn Never read a Nora Roberts book I didn't like! I do, however agree with Demoson that the love story kind of didn't flow as well as some. Great characters and story line anyway.

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee I enjoyed this, but I wanted a bit more - the conclusion came all too fast - i wanted some confrontation between Ilya and Liz or something

message 5: by Shauni (new) - added it

Shauni Did anyone besides me hear that little voice in the back of her/his head asking who does she remind me of? Took me forever to figure out.. I kept seeing Bones (Temperance Brennan) int he way she analysed things. Once I got past that and saw all the HUGE differences between the characters, I really enjoyed this book

Leanne Mouritzen This is the first Nora Roberts book I have read and it won't be the last. I really liked this book.

message 7: by Shauni (new) - added it

Shauni Leanne wrote: "This is the first Nora Roberts book I have read and it won't be the last. I really liked this book."

Welcome to the world of NR.. she writes wonderfully crafted stories with fabulous characters.. Enjoy

Beatrix I loved this book. If you liked this story you should definitely read the book titled High Noon.

Leanne Mouritzen Beatrix wrote: "I loved this book. If you liked this story you should definitely read the book titled High Noon."

Thanks I'll have a look at that one.

Charlotte Davis First Nora Roberts book for me...I couldn't put it down...Will be loading more Nora to my Kindle :0)

Ashley Fritz-Champine Congrats on making this the first NR book for you....now, they'll become addicting!!! She is by far my favorite author and I never get bored with her books....

andie Resendes read the witness thats another good one.....

message 13: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee the audiobook of The Witness won best Romance Audiobook at this years Audie Awards

Sheri Morell I loved High Noon and The Witness...both were incredible books. I think The Witness is one of my favorite NR stand alone books

Alfonsoandmelyssa Zarate This was my first Nora Roberts book and I absolutely loved it! Hated to finish it!

message 16: by Jimminnie (last edited Aug 12, 2013 03:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jimminnie I thought this book was amazing. I wish I could read more about the main character Elizabeth. The whole russian mob thing made me realize that there is a big world right under our noses.

andie Resendes Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts
that's another great book.

Melinda O'Neill Sheri wrote: "I loved High Noon and The Witness...both were incredible books. I think The Witness is one of my favorite NR stand alone books"

Ditto this. After a string of what I thought were so so books, this one was a gem.

Sofia This was my first Nora Roberts book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I listened to the audiobook though, which leaves me wondering how Brooks' ex-lover's name is spelled? I've never heard it before or seen it written, so t's driving me nuts.

Great book! Thanks in advance for the help!

Maribel Sofia wrote: "This was my first Nora Roberts book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I listened to the audiobook though, which leaves me wondering how Brooks' ex-lover's name is spelled? I've never heard it before or..."

Her name is spelled Sylbie, now I must listen to the audiobook and learn for myself how her name is pronounced.

Sofia Thanks, Maribel! It's an unusual name and I couldn't find any mention of it on nameberry.com. The narrator pronounced it like "Sylvie" but with a "b." it's a beautiful name, but I'm interested in its history and can't find much information or documentation on it.

Sarah Wow - so many new NR readers! Make sure you read Chasing Fire, one of her more recent books that is high on my list of NR favorites. Other favs are Northern Lights, The Villa, Honest Illusions, and High Noon. You have a lot of great reading in store!

Holly Goodness - so many new Nora fans. How about reading The Three Fates, The Villa, Blue Smoke and Tribute (stand alone novels) or The Three Sisters Island trilogy, the Boonsboro Inn trilogy -- just a few suggestions from some of my list of favorites. Enjoy.

message 24: by Zana (new)

Zana Paula some one please tell where and or how i can get my hands on part 2 of the whitness by Nora Roberts? I am only able to find part 1 what am I missing?

andie Resendes Zana wrote: "some one please tell where and or how i can get my hands on part 2 of the whitness by Nora Roberts? I am only able to find part 1 what am I missing?"

there is only one book.

Holly Zana wrote: "some one please tell where and or how i can get my hands on part 2 of the whitness by Nora Roberts? I am only able to find part 1 what am I missing?"

Sorry, Zana, but this is one of Nora's stand alone novels, not part of a trilogy. Try The Three Sisters Island trilogy if you are looking for more time with some great characters. First book is "Dance Upon the Air."

Delaney I just finished listening to this book, 1st time. I fell in love with this book. Still not my favorite book of hers but damn it came in close. I love Black Hills, the Search,Tribute, Divine Evil, Chesapeake Series, and the Garden Trilogy

Uzoaku Borrowed this book from the library and read it sometime last year. I loved it so much I just had to buy my own copy to reread sometime in the future :)!

SB*needs low angst books* I bought the audio book and loved it. My favorites by her are The Search, Witness, Tribute, Angels fall, Chasing Fire, Hot Rocks, High Noon, and the Bride Quartet series. I also love her In death series that she writes under the name J D Robb. Roarke the hero in the series is just so freaking hot!!!!

Annika Is it just me or does NR books get more and more drawn out and, sorry to say, boring? I have read many of her books, from the early in her career and 'til now, and her best books were written the last decade.
There used to be some kind of suspence, but in her latest book, the small amount feels more of an after thought than acctualy in the main plot.