Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 13: Dec 31 - Jan 6 (Red or Green Cover)

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Posted on behalf of Abigail

In this week 13 theme reading challenge, you are required to read a book with red or green cover.

Happy Holiday!

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm thinking of reading Where You Are by J.H. Trumble . Hope it green enough :D

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments lol is the top part green? :) that's your new book right?? yay! Congrats on getting a new book with your gift cards!!

I think I'm going to read: Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments hehe Let's pretend that it is green enough :)
yes it is :) I loved her last book, so I hope this one is also good :)

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments it's TOTALLY Green enough! LOL! ;D

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments I'm going to read Boy Toy by Barry Lyga

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Taylor wrote: "I'm going to read Boy Toy by Barry Lyga"

wow, wht a great cover! added it to my TBR.I can't wait to hear what you think of it! sounds good!!

message 9: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments I hope I like it. Been wanting to read it for a while. I will let you know what I think.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Taylor wrote: "I'm going to read Boy Toy by Barry Lyga"

This book was sort of weird. ._.

message 11: by Angela (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:05PM) (new)

Angela | 17787 comments I think I'm going to read Once Before Midnight; Golden; Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey but I'm not sure yet.

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1) by Belinda Boring I guess ima try this one? Lol. It was free on my nook <3

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Look at these covers :) Mine looks like a real cheater here :D It is like 15% green XD

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Lol that's okay! I was about to throw in some white xD

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments haha :D I hope Abigail won't mind :)

Or maybe I should read Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #1) by R.L. Stine since the second book will be released soon :)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol Gis, are you color blind? I say GO GREEN!!!

I need to look for a green or red one.

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "haha :D I hope Abigail won't mind :)

Or maybe I should read Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #1) by R.L. Stine since the second book will be released soon :)"

lol this one looks great!!! keep me posted on how it is!!

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "Lol Gis, are you color blind? I say GO GREEN!!!

I need to look for a green or red one."

Gee Vic :) Don't reveal my secret! :P

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "haha :D I hope Abigail won't mind :)

Or maybe I should read Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #1) by R.L. Stine since the second book will be released soon :)"

lol this one looks gre..."

Will do Trisha :) It reminds me of old time :D When my father took me to the bookstore to buy R.L. Stine's books :D Good time!

message 20: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments You can't have Christmas colors without some white y'all! Lol :p

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments True Tracy :D but what can I say? That's what Abigail wants :) She is busy now, so I just posted the theme for her. Anyway, red and green are Christmas colors also :D

message 22: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Lol I know! So hard to find good red/green books :p just wanted to add some fun! <3 those books look interesting (:

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gis, that's what I do: expose people! Lol

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments And you are good at that :P

message 25: by Mehsi (new)

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am reading this one The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen & also Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #1) by R.L. Stine

message 27: by Janna (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:40PM) (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Oh my gosh, I LOVED The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen . I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 28: by Jensine (new)

Jensine (jj1982) | 32 comments I'm going for Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments tell me if it's good or not.

message 30: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I am done. :) The book was really wonderful.

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Congrats! You are fast.

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished! The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen (5 stars) it was so good guys! Read it if you haven't. It'll blow your mind!
Planet of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #1) by R.L. Stine (3 stars) it was just ok. I had fun, though.

Well, since I read this Son of Slappy (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #2) by R.L. Stine (4 stars) and the cover is red, so I decided to included it here also. It was MUCH better than the first book. I loved it!

message 33: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Congrats! You are fast."

Thanks, and you congrats too. :)

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments finished Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray . it was okay....I don't tend to enjoy books when I find the MC annoying and whiny. lol

message 35: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments I'm reading The Naming (Pellinor, #1) by Alison Croggon !

message 36: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great!

message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments Finished Boy Toy by Barry Lyga (3.5 stars)

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Taylor wrote: "Finished Boy Toy by Barry Lyga (3.5 stars)"

What is it about anyway? I don't want to read the synopsis lol...

message 39: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments Basically it is about a boy who is molested by his teacher when he was twelve. This story starts five years later but you do get lots of flashbacks of what happened

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Urg... that was sick :( I hate reading about child abuse.

message 41: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Taylor wrote: "Basically it is about a boy who is molested by his teacher when he was twelve. This story starts five years later but you do get lots of flashbacks of what happened"

It was sort of disturbing...

message 42: by Anna (Bunny) (new)

Anna (Bunny) Engelman (bunnyboo123) | 155 comments I didn't get a chance to post. Oh well I finished Ex-mas by Kate Brian on the 5th

message 43: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oooh 5 stars :) I wish I had read it during Christmas :D