The very classy book club discussion

quite good but appropriate fun > Top hats vs Bowler hats

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HURRAH! Unbalance Bean, Madame Lauren (new)

HURRAH! Unbalance Bean Mr. Wiggles (awesomesocks) | 26 comments Mod
What do you ponder?

message 2: by HURRAH! Unbalance Bean, Madame Lauren (new)

Bowler hats are more curved and fancy

message 3: by l (new)

l Neither. I, for one, prefer one's hair to be exposed. Though, if one has not be graced with lucious locks I would prefer a lovely top hat.

message 4: by HURRAH! Unbalance Bean, Madame Lauren (new)

Perhaps both are exceptional?

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 11 comments I must disagree with you, Madame Lauren. Bowler hats provide a glorious air of supreme fancy-ness. They easily override top hats, if I do say so myself.

message 6: by Amber (the smiling cupcake), Lady Amber (new)

Amber (the smiling cupcake) (ambercyan) | 56 comments Mod
I must say, that I personally beleive that top hats AND bowler hats are both exceptionally outstanding and both deserve to be recognised for their supreme looks. However, I personally am not a hat person, so I would not wear either of them on a daily basis.

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 11 comments Ah, I see your approach, Lady Kay, but why should the vertically- challenged seek a solution at all? How could they ever have an elegant air?

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 11 comments Lady Kay, we are getting off topic! *stands up angrily* It is not a matter of height, it is about elegance, and fancy-ness

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 11 comments I still do not understand the beauty of a top hat as I do for bowler hats.

message 10: by Els (new)

Els (Elss) | 35 comments I would prefer a top hat as they are the picture of smartness but like some of you jolly fellow sophisticated people, I would prefer to walk around without a hat placed upon my head

message 11: by Ross (new)

Ross Kitson (rossmkitson) | 1 comments Good eve, my fellows of the fine club. One finds that Toppers are rather splendid for refined functions, Bowlers for casual wear.

message 12: by Els (new)

Els (Elss) | 35 comments I agree with you indeed, a fabulous explanation of the hats' purpose, bravo

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Top hats seem so much more elegant than a bowler hat to me.

message 14: by Saria (new)

Saria Top hats seem so much more elegant.
Remember, they were Abraham Lincoln's favorite type of hat.

message 15: by Saria (new)

Saria Yes indeed..he wore the finest tuxedos with his equally fine hats.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Yes, he has exquisite taste.

message 17: by Saria (new)

Saria Yes indeed.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Yes. It seems.