Talk About It! discussion

Talk, about food

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Dicuss your favorite foods here.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments I love pasta when it comes to savoury and also seafood. I have a sweet tooth so anything with a mousse or jelly like consistency I'll like and things with chocolate!

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Ravioli! Seriously, it's the best thing ever.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh! I haaaaaate ravioli.

message 5: by Lydia (new)

Lydia ... Jocelyn. What are you saying?

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments The Mighty Katara wrote: "Ravioli! Seriously, it's the best thing ever."

Yes, same here. And tortellini.

message 7: by Danny, Business Bro (new)

Danny | 194 comments Mod
Jocelyn, you just stepped onto very dangerous ground.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "... Jocelyn. What are you saying?"

I'm saying... that I hate ravioli.

(A little explanation: I used to love it, but I ate it so much that I'm kinda tired of it now.)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonathan wrote: "I love pasta when it comes to savoury and also seafood. I have a sweet tooth so anything with a mousse or jelly like consistency I'll like and things with chocolate!"

yep, same here! I LOVE seafood pasta. I don't really have a sweet tooth but I still enjoy chocolate from time to time.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Danny wrote: "Jocelyn, you just stepped onto very dangerous ground."

Har har. *cowers in fear*

message 11: by Danny, Business Bro (new)

Danny | 194 comments Mod
Ravioli isn't just a food; it's a frame of mind.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Danny wrote: "Ravioli isn't just a food; it's a frame of mind."

Used to be for me. Sadly I got tired of it.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 142 comments Chipotle (Mexican burrito restaurant), nearly anything sweet, Indian food especially palak paneer, tiki masala, basmati rice, and coconut soup, and nearly every Italian delicacy. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:18PM) (new)

Well, since everyone seems to like pasta...what's your favorite pasta dish?

I like linguine alla marinara with basil. (vegetarian here with the exception of seafood.)

message 15: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I think Jocelyn is outnumbered. And that's the way it should be :P

message 16: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Jocelyn wrote: "Well, since everyone seems to like pasta...what's your favorite pasta dish?

I like linguine alla marinara with basil. (vegetarian here with the exception of seafood.)"

Ravioli is my favorite pasta dish, but I also love gnocchi (I think that's how it's spelled) and good old classic spaghetti and meatballs.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 142 comments Definitely fettuccine Alfredo, and lemon pistachio penne rigatte.

I used to be vegetarian with fish excepted, but now I work at a sub shop and have been corrupted by the amazing Philly cheesesteaks.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 142 comments Gnocchi are awesome too!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "I think Jocelyn is outnumbered. And that's the way it should be :P"

Hey...hey...watch it there...

message 20: by Lydia (new)

Lydia ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Better Dig Two} wrote: "Definitely fettuccine Alfredo, and lemon pistachio penne rigatte.

I used to be vegetarian with fish excepted, but now I work at a sub shop and have been corrupted by the amazing Philly cheesesteaks."

I love fettuccine Alfredo too :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I like it. Not love it.

message 22: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Okay, now you're just trying to be controversial.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

No way! I'm trying to be honest. I really do like Fettucine Alfredo...I don't love it. My sister is seriously crazy about it, though.

message 24: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Fine, I'm just kidding. But since we're on the topic of Italian food, has anyone had cannoli? And if so, what did you think of it?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it!

message 26: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Yay, we agree on something :) Cannoli are totally awesome!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Gnocchi are great too...I forgot to comment on that :)

message 28: by Lydia (new)

Lydia One thing that's very Italian that I don't really care for is pizza. For me, it has to be homemade, and then I love it. I don't really like parlor pizza.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here! I kind of like pizza but I'm not batshit crazy for it like a lot of people seem to be.

message 30: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Yeah, although I did have a pizza once from a little shop that was just perfection, so it doesn't have to be homemade, just not parlor.

That sentence was really long and run-onish haha.

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments Australian pizza tends to be different from the American style too, or what I've seen of it. It's thicker and works nicely. I like pizza that's been done in a wood oven. There's this restaurant over here that does it really nicely.

I also love lasagne. Garfield-esque lol!

message 32: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I love thick crust pizza, and I definitely agree with you about the wood oven. It tends to have a better flavor than regular pizza.

I think I empathize with Garfield far more than I should :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 09, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

Something I find weird: I like clam chowder but I hate, hate, hate, HAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, I needed all those exclamation marks) the clams. I just...ugh. Every time I accidentally eat one I want to throw up. Love the potatoes that often come with it, though. Delicious. Also, the chowders they have on the coast of Massachusetts are HEAVENLY. Like, seriously, you have not lived your life until you tasted one of those. I might even forgive the clams.

I like corn chowder and potato chowder the best, being vegetarian. What chowders do you guys like? Or even just soups in general?

As for my own general soups...I like Asian stuff a lot, so I'd definitely pick miso soup. I like corn and potato chowder like stated above, and chicken noodle soup. Or any soup with pasta in it.

message 34: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I have never tried clam chowder, due to my extreme dislike of all things from the sea.

Chicken noodle soup is always good though.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 10, 2013 08:54PM) (new)

Awww, you dislike seafood? :(

message 36: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Hated it for years, sorry :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 10, 2013 09:04PM) (new)

But why? seafood is wonderful. (except for squid. I hate hate hate squid. And clams and oysters. But I love everything else.)

message 38: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I hate shrimp, scallops, muscles, lobsters, the whole shebang. I just hate the texture and fishy flavour.

Oh yes, I hate fish too :P

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

So no sushi, huh? That's sad.

Um...muscles? I think you mean mussels ;)

message 40: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I've never tried sushi, but I don't like the look of it. I don't think I'm missing out on a lot.

Gosh, that's embarrassing. I don't even know why I typed that. *blush*

message 41: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 390 comments *holds hands over ears* I'm not listening, I'm not listening. How can anyone hate seafood in all its glory? I mean I get it if you're allergic but if you've got nothing wrong with you other than disliking it, I'm sorry! :P

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed Jonathan. How is it possible? Really, just how? Seafood is divine.

message 43: by Lydia (new)

Lydia I'm not allergic to it, but I might as well be. Besides, I'm used to these questions cause my family loves seafood.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Jocelyn wrote: "Well, since everyone seems to like pasta...what's your favorite pasta dish?

I like linguine alla marinara with basil. (vegetarian here with the exception of seafood.)"

Ahem, after seeing a particularly eye-opening documentary, I have recently decided to go vegetarian (which is kind of scarying my Italian family, because most of our signature dishes are filled with meat), so if you're a vegetarian, how can you eat seafood? It counts as meat.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I said "vegetarian here with the exception of seafood." Seafood is too awesome to miss out, even for a vegetarian!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jocelyn wrote: "Well, since everyone seems to like pasta...what's your favorite pasta dish?

Ahem, after seeing a particularly eye-opening documentary, I have recently decided to go vegetarian (which is kind of scarying my Italian family, because most of our signature dishes are filled with meat), so if you're a vegetarian, how can you eat seafood? It counts as meat.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite foods: mint chocolate chip ice cream (it totally counts), my mom's homemade Alfrado, hotdogs (goodby forever, my delicious friends), carrots, Honeycrisp apples (the best kind), all sorts of fruit and vegetable smoothies (which have been my breakfast for the last year), Klondike bars, any sort of chocolate, Italian bread (especially my mom's homemade bread), Mom's homemade chicken-broccoli-rice casserole (again, goodbye forever), and venison (I'm going to die as a vegetarian, but it's for a good cause).
Both my parents are mostly Italian and Irish, which means they're both amazing cooks (though my mother's slightly better). You'd love my parents.

message 48: by György (new)

György | 180 comments My favourite food is laksa.

message 49: by György (new)

György | 180 comments Jocelyn wrote: "I said "vegetarian here with the exception of seafood." Seafood is too awesome to miss out, even for a vegetarian!"

Lol same here and I agree. XD

message 50: by Lydia (last edited Jan 24, 2013 10:41PM) (new)

Lydia Livvy {Just Dance! Just Dance! Just Dance...} wrote: "My favorite foods: mint chocolate chip ice cream (it totally counts), my mom's homemade Alfrado, hotdogs (goodby forever, my delicious friends), carrots, Honeycrisp apples (the best kind), all sort..."

I'm 3/4 Italian so I eat mainly Italian food as well. And I pretty much agree with all the foods you listed. And weirdly enough I'm part Irish as well. I think I've been ported to a parallel dimension where I actually agree with you on everything... it's terrifying :P

« previous 1 3 4