Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Kresley Cole
This topic is about Kresley Cole
2013 Challenge Archive > FAC: Kresley Cole (January 2013)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments Kresley Cole, is the #1 New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of the Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, as well as five award winning historical romances.

Before becoming a writer, Cole was a world-ranked athlete, coach, and graduate student. She has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings. Two of her favorite places to visit include the rain forests of Central America and the Far North Queensland area of Australia (where, by the way, she would not recommend swimming outside of the stinger nets at night
- and nor would I, day or night!).

Cole’s highly successful Immortals After Dark Series, revolves around the Lore, a secret stratum of hundreds of immortal creatures (ranging from Vampires to Lykae, Furies to Shifters, and Fey to Valkyrie) that each have their strengths, weaknesses, and age old prejudices against the others.

Her IAD books have been translated into seventeen foreign languages, garnered two RITA awards, and consistently appear on the bestseller lists, in the U.S. and abroad.

Cole lives in Florida with her family and “far too many animals.” She spends any free time traveling and enjoys all things related to boats and water.

Kresley's GR page is here: Kresley Cole

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Kresley Cole.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of January.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 07, 2013 04:35PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments Our line up:

A: is for AWESOME!
√ Jane
√ KarenH
~Melissa~
√ MountainKat
√ Susan(q)
√ Valorie
√ Sandra
√ Barbara
√ Shell
√ Katharina
Lynne
Jinger
√ BJ Rose
√ Yz
KarenF
Ren
The Holy Terror
√ Ceej
√ Andrea
√ Tania

B: is for 'been there, done that, ready to try again'
Dee
√ Sandra J
Vilda
√ Nikki
√ Roxy
√ Irina
√ Deyara
√ Leslie
Jade
Davena
√ Bookchaser

C: is for 'completely unknown to me'
√ Patricia
√ Skandia
dynamite
Elishia
√ Kami
Judy
√ Makenzie
Ann
√ Suzanne
√ Ashwaq
√ Amanda
√ Christina
*Euphoria*
√ Gwnhwyfer

D: is for 'didn't work for me last time'
Bookcrazy

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 07, 2013 04:15PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments The final analysis:

A: Valkyries kick butt
Kami (C) - Poison Princess
Ashwaq (C) - Poison Princess
Yz (A) - Shadow's Claim
Amanda (C) - Shadow's Claim
Barbara (A) - Demon from the Dark
Suzanne (C) - The Warlord Wants Forever
Makenzie (C) - The Warlord Wants Forever, A Hunger Like No Other
MountainKat (A) - No Rest for the Wicked
KarenH (A) - No Rest for the Wicked
Shell (A) - Dark Needs at Night's Edge
Christina (C) - Shadow's Claim
Sandra (A) - Deep Kiss of Winter
Nikki (B) - A Hunger Like No Other
Andrea (A) - Pleasure of a Dark Prince
Ceej (A) - If You Desire
Valorie (A) - Pleasure of a Dark Prince
Leslie (B) - No Rest for the Wicked
Susayq (A) - Deep Kiss of Winter
Irina (B) - If You Dare
BJ Rose (A) - A Hunger Like No Other
Tania (A) - If You Deceive

B: Halfling
Jane (A) - No Rest for the Wicked
Katharina (A) - The Warlord Wants Forever
Bookchaser (B) - The Warlord Wants Forever
Deyara (B) - No Rest for the Wicked
Sandra J (B) - A Hunger Like No Other
Patricia (C) - A Hunger Like No Other
Roxy (B) - Poison Princess

C: Let the Vampire Horde take over
Skandia (C) - The Warlord Wants Forever
Gwnhwyfer (C) - A Hunger Like No Other

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3) by Kresley Cole

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments I'm in - I'm an A- (I need to get back into her books!)

I'm going to listen to No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole .

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6808 comments I'm in and I'm an A, and will be listening to No Rest for the Wicked also!

message 6: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1846 comments I'm an A. Will read Dark Needs at Night's Edge

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2012 05:27PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments (We can critique the wonderful Robert Petkoff's narration, Karen :)

message 8: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6808 comments Yes, we can - he's pretty amazing!

message 9: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

MountainKat | 19211 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm in - I'm an A- (I need to get back into her books!)

I'm going to listen to No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole."

Me too!! I read this a couple of years but don't remember, is there any/enough of it in Louisiana to work for the geography category in the monthly challenge?

ETA: Just remembered that it doesn't have to be set there, a character can be from there so it works - awesome!!

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2012 05:49PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments I last read this in early 2009 - nearly 4 years ago. My memory isn't that good. But I think they do jump in and out? ...I can remember Estonia, London, maybe some of south america?

message 11: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 720 comments I'm in. I'm an A and I'll be reading Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (book_luv) | 9 comments I'm A. I'm already in the process of re-reading the immortal after dark series. I've just now finished Dark Desires after Dusk, I'll save the next one for January.

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Solla (tedebear1998) | 244 comments I'm in. I'm a C; this author is completely unknown to me. Looking forward to see what I find to read at the library.

message 14: by Skandia (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:02PM) (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 962 comments I'm in and I'm a C.
Have been looking at Immortals After Dark series for a long time . Now there is the needed push to pick up

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole

Jane, does some book in series really set in Estonia? Wow, I need to read this!

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:49PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments The third book (No Rest for the Wicked) starts out in a remote castle in Estonia :) ...Well - I just remember Eastern Europe (from 4 years ago), but the book says the location is Estonia...

Actually I suspect the book you are going to read is also set there, in part. :)

message 16: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 962 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "The third book (No Rest for the Wicked) starts out in a remote castle in Estonia :)"

Funny :)
Maybe I switch my book or is this a series that needs to be read in order?

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments I edited my comment after perhaps you read it :) I think the book you are about to read is also set in Eastern Europe... I'd read the books in order, even though I don't think it really matters.

message 18: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2218 comments I'm an A and I'm going to read Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole

message 19: by Elishia (new)

Elishia I'm in i'm a C, been meaning to start these for a while i'll be reading The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i've only read/listened to 2 of her books, but I am in the B+/A- range

going to go with No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole and listen with you guys

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 4260 comments The Valkyries are based in Louisiana, so I'm assuming most IAD books would work :)

I'll be reading Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole as I've got it for a bunch of other challenges this month. I'm an A :)

message 22: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3550 comments I'm trying to catch up on this series so I'm going to read Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole .

message 23: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I've read one book in this series Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole and liked it, so I guess I'm a B. I have several others in the stash. I'll give A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole a try.

message 24: by Shell (new)

Shell I'm an A and listening to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole . I need a Robert Petkoff fix...

on a side note, they need to release this series, with Mr. Petkoff's narrating, FASTER!!!!! 1 book every 6 months or so is torture!

message 25: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6808 comments Shell wrote: "I'm an A and listening to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole. I need a Robert Petkoff fix...

on a side note, they need to release this series, with Mr. Petkoff's narrating, FASTER!!!!! 1 book every 6 months or so is torture! "

I agree completely! :)

message 26: by Kami (last edited Dec 28, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments I'm in. I want to read Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1). I'm a 'C'.

message 27: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm a C-I haven't read any of her books. I put Playing Easy to Get which has "The Warlord Wants Forever" on hold at the library. There's one more person before me (and only one copy) so hopefully I'll get it before the end of the month.

message 28: by Bookcrazy (last edited Dec 28, 2012 02:05PM) (new)

Bookcrazy | 71 comments I think I'm a D (or B) although I love the Valkyries.
I'll try to read & finish Untouchable from Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole - last time I broke it up.

message 29: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 802 comments I've only read the 2 Sutherland Brothers books. I loved them so I guess I'm an A.

I'll read The Warlord Wants Forever

message 30: by Lynne (last edited Dec 28, 2012 09:52PM) (new)

Lynne (lovetoreadgal) | 1151 comments I'm a big fan -- A+! All the original books in the IAD series are being released on audio, so I've been re-"reading". I just picked up No Rest for the Wicked from the Library. That's what I'll be reading.

And, yes, please, Mr. Petkoff, ... faster!! You know I mean the reading.

message 31: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments I'm a C and I'll be starting with The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole .

message 32: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkit23) | 121 comments I'm in! I'm a B, I've only read the first IAD so I'll be reading A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 33: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments I'm an A, but it's been years since I started the IAD series, so I'll go back and read A Hunger Like No Other

message 34: by Roxy (new)

Roxy (roxym) | 208 comments I'm in and I'm a B. I'm not sure what I'm going to read yet and will post later.

message 35: by Ann (Noumena12) (new)

Ann (Noumena12) (noumena12) | 126 comments I'm C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it. I plan on reading The Captain of All Pleasures

message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2049 comments I'm in and I'm a C. I'm going to try to get Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole from the library but we'll see how long that takes ;)

message 37: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm an A. I've caught up with the IAD series, so I'm going to try either Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole or Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole .

message 38: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19366 comments Barbara ★ wrote: "I'm trying to catch up on this series so I'm going to read Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole."

Hey Barbara - what is your starting position? I'm guessing A unless I hear from you :)

message 39: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 1099 comments I'm in. I'm an A, although the last 2 IAD books worked better as books than romances for me I still enjoyed them.

I'm caught up on everything but Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole and I've been wanting to get to it so this is my push!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 162 comments I am a C and will be reading Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 41: by Irina (last edited Dec 30, 2012 09:08PM) (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 504 comments I'm a B and I'll be reading If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 42: by Amanda (last edited Jan 07, 2013 06:31PM) (new)

Amanda (shortie357) | 103 comments I'm a 'C.' I will be reading Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole .

message 43: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) I'm a A and will read Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 44: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 303 comments I'm an A and will be reading:

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole

message 45: by Deyara (new)

Deyara | 60 comments I'm a B and I will read either Playing Easy to Get (Includes B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon or No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole

message 46: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm in! I am a B as I have read one of hers a long time ago and have been meaning to continue with the series but just never got around to it. So I will be reading No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole and The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole .

message 47: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Jan 21, 2013 03:41AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) Im in for this challenge. Im a B, ages ago since I read her. Will be listening to Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Completed 20.01.13

I think after finishing it I am still a B :D

message 48: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments I just finished Poison Princess and oh my goodness that book is amazing! I am giving it five stars. I am so upset that I have to wait an entire year to get the next book in the series. Holy Moly!!! I started a 'C' and end an 'A'.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 162 comments Kami wrote: "I just finished Poison Princess and oh my goodness that book is amazing! I am giving it five stars. I am so upset that I have to wait an entire year to get the next book in the series. Holy Moly!!!..."

me too! I thought it's gonna suck but I was surprised .. I can't wait for the next book ..

I just finished Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole (01/05) and I was a C, now i am an A

message 50: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments I'm in. I'm an A. I'm going to read either the second McCarrick Brother's book or her new YA book

« previous 1 3