Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) Poison Princess discussion

Potential Hypotenuse to the Love Triangle

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cookie (new) - added it

Cookie Do you think that Death could be the third side to a love triangle in the sequel?

Margarita Well we can totally discard the possibility of Matthew being the third wheel since he doesn't seem like a major threat, yet. Hmm I don't think Death is Jack's opponent. I think his opponent might be the Emperor. of course we haven't learned about the other Major Arcana card holders yet. There's twenty-two Major Arcana cards total and other leaser cards that might come into play once we get more into the story.
But i'm thinking this cuz Matt keeps saying that Jack isn't for her. That she keeps drowning out her other half or something.

message 3: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K Yeah, I think the Empress and Death may have had a thing in the past. Since Death is going to have a bigger role in the sequel, I think we'll find out about their salacious history. I'm kind of excited, but I'm really over love triangles, tbh. My guy never gets the girl. Lol

message 4: by Cookie (new) - added it

Cookie Margarita wrote: "Well we can totally discard the possibility of Matthew being the third wheel since he doesn't seem like a major threat, yet. Hmm I don't think Death is Jack's opponent. I think his opponent might b..."
I did not register an Emperor card in the book so that's interesting. There might be a possibility that Jack IS the Emperor. Only they didn't recognize it yet due to whatever.

message 5: by Cookie (new) - added it

Cookie K wrote: "Yeah, I think the Empress and Death may have had a thing in the past. Since Death is going to have a bigger role in the sequel, I think we'll find out about their salacious history. I'm kind of exc..."
I just loveee Love Triangles, especially the well-written kind that keeps readers guessing. I am just so fascinated with the character Death, for I do not know what he really thinks of Evie.

Margarita Cookie wrote: "Margarita wrote: "Well we can totally discard the possibility of Matthew being the third wheel since he doesn't seem like a major threat, yet. Hmm I don't think Death is Jack's opponent. I think hi..."

Well cuz its only the first book so obviously we haven't met any of the other characters yet. I really wanna learn about the Lovers Arcana Card!:D

Sera Jack better be the Emperor. HE BETTER.

Gidget K wrote: "Yeah, I think the Empress and Death may have had a thing in the past. Since Death is going to have a bigger role in the sequel, I think we'll find out about their salacious history. I'm kind of exc..."

I always root for the underdog, too. I agree about Death and Evie having a past. Something happened to make Death so mad. I really can't wait for the next book.

message 9: by BiblioJen (new) - added it

BiblioJen I agree, *IF* this series has a love triangle of sorts, Jack and Death will be the players competing for Evie.

So, on the whole "who is Jackson really?" topic ... in the book, Jackson talks about "its like those puzzles in school ... where you can back your way into the answer." I am dying to back into some answers on Jackson.

Some of what we do know:

1) He says with absolute confidence (too many times for it not to be a clue) that no one can get the drop on him. Why? Is that his power?

2) Matthew tells Evie that Jackson is not a card.

3) Matthew confirms what Evie suspects: Jackson quiets the voices of the other cards for her. Does he know he is doing it? Again, is it a power, or just something "special" about him?

4) He mentions one of his grandmothers having some special abilities (I don't have the book in front of me ... the Sight, or was a Cajun "medicine woman" or something like that?)

So ... I don't think he can be the Emperor, because of #2 above. Which, for me, begs the question ... what is he? Any ideas?

Christine Sorry folks. Jack Is IT for Evie. He may not be "IT" for her now in his current state but I think Kresley has big things in store for his character and when it all comes to light the Jack and Evie will be they Shit...

versa Or it could be like Amanda Hocking's "Switched" series. Hahaha, no. The second book has Death on the cover, and the sypnosis mentions Death and Evie having an old relationship that she can't remember. But I still hope that it ends w/ Jack and Evie together.

Danielle I hate love triangles. She better end up with Jackson.

Renae Oh, let's hope so. I love Death already! He's so intriguing.
Yeah, I think Jackson is something
Not sure.

message 14: by Cookie (new) - added it

Cookie Renae wrote: "Oh, let's hope so. I love Death already! He's so intriguing.
Not sure."

Have you read the synopsis for Endless Knight? Looks like our wish is granted! I loooove Death oh my goodness.

message 15: by K (new) - rated it 5 stars

K I don't know how people can say that they LOVE Death. I mean, he was barely in the book...

Renae Cookie wrote: "Renae wrote: "Oh, let's hope so. I love Death already! He's so intriguing.
Not sure."

Have you read the synopsis for Endless Knight? Looks like our wish is gr..."

I have! I can't wait to hear about their past, I'm guessing Evie's going to fight against him though. I kind of don't want her to end up with Jackson, but I bet she will.

K wrote: "I don't know how people can say that they LOVE Death. I mean, he was barely in the book..."

I think that's why. Death wasn't a main character in the first book but when he was there he just demanded my attention. He's intriguing and mysterious and unlike Evie, obviously knows what's going on and how to play.

message 17: by Cookie (last edited Aug 21, 2013 04:23PM) (new) - added it

Cookie Okay, I have to admit that before Death became more and more intriguing, Jackson held his own appeal. But then the more I re-read PP, the less I like him. I like Evie and I think she deserves so much better.

Renae Cookie wrote: "Okay, I have to admit that before Death became more and more intriguing, Jackson held his own appeal. But then the more I re-read PP, the less I like him. I like Evie and I think she deserves so mu..."

I agree! My initial impression of Jackson was a bit like
"This guy is such a jerk! But, oh, he really cares about Evie and has just had a tough life"
but after re-reading PP a few more times I totally hate him. He's so arrogant and such a misogynist!
Evie deserves someone so much better!

Samira Lupiac is it me or would it be totaly okay with you if she get's both (death and jackson?)
i mean come on I know that wont fly on the real world but let's just pretendd....please???