The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Care of Magical Creatures

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Today's lesson: bowtruckles."
"Oh great, bowtruckles again, we've been learning about them forever. I really with teacher would more on." Clary moaned. "We''ve already written three essays on them, even Blast-Ended Skrewts would be better than this."

message 3: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 29, 2012 04:18PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse just joined the class when she heard one of her classmates exclaimed about having to learn about bowtruckles once again, "We obviously have more to learn, if we're learning about them again..." Clarisse said before she could stop herself. She wasn't trying to start an argument, but obviously complaining about the lesson wasn't going to help matters at all. After saying that to her classmate, she simply looked away as if to tell her classmate she wasn't trying to start anything without saying so.

She simply looked forward to learning more about any kind of magical creature. "I'm sorry I was late, Professor!" she said apologetically to the professor and directed her attention back to the lesson.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "I know, but still. How much more can there be to learn?" Clary whispered to Clarisse. The lesson so far was going the same way as all the others. Bowtruckles would come out, students would feed them and make observations in a notebook before moving back to the end of the line.

message 5: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "I know, but still. How much more can there be to learn?"

Clary had asked her quietly while the professor went on, Clarisse thought for just a few minutes. She shrugged at Clary, "I honestly don't know, but if it's in the professor's lesson plans, we have no reason to complain about it. We will find out soon enough, maybe it's good for us to review what we learned..." Clarisse explained and went back to listening.

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary bowed her head with the wisdom of Clarisse's words and turned her attention back to the teacher. Hopefully tomorrow they would move on.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just joking!" Professor Flavius said, laughing. "No, today we'll be studying centaurs. We're coming into a unit to do with horses and the like. So Hippogriffs, unicorns, Thestrals, centaurs, etc. Now, can anyone tell me what a group of centaurs are called?"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Rae raised her hand and asked, "A pack?" The teacher applauded her for her intelligence.

message 9: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Hearing that the professor was only kidding, and they were going to study centaurs was somewhat of a surprise to Clarisse. She was glad though, because found centaurs to be very interesting creatures.

Clarisse smiled at Clary, "False alarm! Learning about centaurs, this will be exciting!"

Clarisse was looking forward to the class even more now, she found that the professor having a sense of humor to be very refreshing thing. It seems to her that a lot of professors here are very strict and professional, she hopes to do well in this class.

message 10: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary did a mental victory dance. She loved thestrals and hippogriffs! Hippogriffs were by far her favorite animal.

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Derek sighed, unicorns, great. They were just too girly for him. But thestrals and centaurs, now that's something he could be interested in for a while. Unluckily enough though, they were starting off the horse unit with unicorns. Of course.

message 12: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Aren't we starting out with centaurs?))

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) (((good point, maybe this could be like a pre-test)))

message 14: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Pre-test? What's that?))

message 15: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) (((when a teacher reviews material that they might cover in the unit to see if anyone already knows it so the class can skip that part when they come to it)))

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I high fives Clarisse and Clary as our teacher said what we were really studying, centaurs. "This will be so cool!!" Our teacher continued to tell us what we were going to be studying this year.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"This year we will be studying five types of magical horse; Thestral, centaur, Hippogriff, unicorn and the last...well, I'll keep it as a surprise. We will be finding out a lot about them and at the end of every study, I will be setting a fact file about that horse. Today we'll be doing a pre-test...does anyone know what gender unicorns prefer?" Professor Flavius said.

message 18: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I raised my hand quickly "Females!" I shouted eagerly, then blushed. I had remembered that from reading my book I had got from Diagon Alley.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"Correct! What color is a Common Hippogriff's feathers?"

message 20: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary raised her hand. "Grey and occasionally brown."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"Correct! You are intelligent children. Why are Thestrals considered an omen of bad luck?"

message 22: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Because they can only be seen by those who have seen death. Most wizards don't trust that." Clary said.

message 23: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I smiled at Clary, we were getting all the questions right! I high fived her again.

message 24: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary high fived Ginger and turned back to the teacher. Just for fun, she metamorphed her skin into scales and her waist length hair turned into a mane. It was always fun to see the reactions when people saw her morph.

message 25: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled and made a thumbs up with her hand, though it wasn't her House getting points, but still having smart friends like them was still something to be happy about.

There would definitely be more questions to come anyways, she was sure she could answer a few of them and snag some points for her House as well.

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I jumped away from Clary surprised. Then laughed and smiled, "I always forget you can do that!" I thought for a moment. "Do you think you can turn into a fox? Because I've been meaning to draw a fox but it's easier for me to draw something when it's right in front of me."

message 27: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "I'll try, but can't guarantee anything." Clary said uncertainly. She morphed her face into a snout, crouched down and shortened her legs and arms and turned her skin into short red fur.

message 28: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I smiled and clapped. "Excellent job! Now pose for me honey, You're going to be the next big star. "I said in a photographer's accent. I pulled out my notebook and sat down on the wet grass and started drawing.

message 29: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary posed as best as she could while being a fox. She even tried to grin, though it would probably just have come across like a snarl.

message 30: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I smiled and drew a rough sketch of her. I finished it quickly. I didn't think it was very good but I showed it to her anyways.

message 31: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary nodded her head emphatically to show that it was a good drawing. She morphed herself back into a human being, but forgot to change her skin from fur.

message 32: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I giggled at the fox haired Clary. "Looks like someone forgot to shave today."

message 33: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary looked down at her hands, surprised. She quickly changed from fur to skin.
"Thanks for that, would have been rather awkward walking around school all day with fur."

message 34: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed so hard I snorted. Then I laughed at that "Sounds like you're not the only one who's an animargus," I pulled my nose up and mad pig noises.

message 35: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary laughed so hard at that.
"I'm not an animagus."
She said trying to contain her laughter, so the words came out haltingly.

message 36: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed "My bad, I meant metimorphagus."

message 37: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "It's okay, so do you not like your drawing? It's really good."

message 38: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Eh, I've done better."

message 39: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Well regardless, it's better than what I could do." Clary said. She knelt to a patch of ground and drew a stick-figure fox with cartoonishly big ears.

message 40: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I smiled and purposefully drew an awful stick figure. "I can be normal too."

message 41: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Hmmm... very abstract. A modern artist as well I see." Clary said laughing at Ginger's latest drawing.

message 42: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Thank you. Wonderful ain't it?"

message 43: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "As wonderful as your grammar. I can see that you were trying to emphasize it's eyes by not drawing them, and that is clearly making a statement about you work and life as a whole, because a stick figure's eyes have so much to do with everything."

message 44: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "Wow, you'd be great at divination!!" I laughed and winked

message 45: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "No thanks, I know you're in it, but honestly, that class is a bit of a joke. Who wants to spend an hour or so staring into a crystal ball looking at their'future'? And besides, I don't get along with the teacher."

message 46: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "It is. The only reason I signed up is to uh...never mind" I blushed

message 47: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) Ginger blushed. ((Sorry I'm trying to get used to third person))

message 48: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary raised her eyebrows at Ginger's evasiveness. "Ooh, do I smell a crush? Who on? Tell me everything Ginger!"

message 49: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) "No!" I frowned but then looked at her and laughed "ok. Yes." ((Can class be dismissed here? I'm in so many places and I'm not supposed to be XD))

message 50: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) (((sure)))
"Allright class, that will be all for today. You are dismissed." The professor said and the students all stood to leave. Clary gave Ginger one last glance, then left.

« previous 1