The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Classrooms > Ancient Runes

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I walked with Clarisse to our next classroom, Ancient Runes. We were laughing about my little laughing fit in potions and her black sticky pot. "His face when I shook his hand!!" I laughed. We walked into our classroom and sat down next to each other, even though we were supposed to sit next to our houses. Our teacher handed us papers that we were supposed to decode using our text books. "Well, thanks for explaining." I muttered. But flipped open and started looking for the first rune translation. It took me about 30 minutes to decode the first sentence. "Ok," I whispered to Clarisse, "I came out with 'The people of...Serica...? Especially liked Syeup with their spaghetti... Does that sound right?" I asked confused. My dyslexic was really acting up with these ancient runes. Clarisse's answer was a lot different than mine.

message 3: by Night Owl (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:19PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((How do should I translate mine? I know nothing about Ancient Runes! I will add in my translation later!))

Clarisse laughed, "I know! It was the funniest thing I seen! I hope he forgets what happens tomorrow though!" Clarisse thought, not wanting to face the consequences of fooling around in potions class. "No color visible on my face, I call it a successful potion!" Clarisse continued to joke.

They grabbed a seat next to each other, the professor didn't seem to mind anyways.

"I came out with, The people of...Serica...? Especially liked Syrup with their spaghetti... Does that sound right?"

"What? The people of Serica especially liked syrup with their spaghetti?" Clarisse grimaced trying to decode the paper using her textbook.

"That doesn't sound right! Shouldn't it be The people of Serica were among the first groups of people to acknowledge the existence magic?" Clarisse asked, it made more sense then talking about spaghetti. She wasn't sure though.

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) ((I have no idea, just try making something that sounds sensible. I have no idea what I'm doing either. XD))

"Oh... That makes more since... Ugh, I'm going to fail this class!"

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary walked in just as class was starting. She grabbed a seat behind Clarisse and Ginger. "Hey guys, long time no see. I just transferred from Arithmancy, what are we supposed to do?"

message 6: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Even if Clary just transferred from Arithmancy, I don't think it's long time no see since our characters just had potions together! If your character is able to make it to this class, then that meant the transfer only took away a few minutes!))

Clarisse smiled at Clary, "Hey!"

"Hey guys, long time no see. I just transferred from Arithmancy, what are we supposed to do?"

"We're using our text to try and decode these scriptures!" Clarisse explained pointing to the parchment full of weird symbols on them.

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) (((That my friend, was a little something I like to call sarcasm.)))
"Oh, okay thanks." Cleary said and bent her head to read to begin translating.

message 8: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I smiled "Glad you're here. Just if you're wondering, the translation doesn't have anything to do with spaghetti." I laughed quietly.

message 9: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled, "You never know! They might feel it important to record what they like to eat! I mean maybe eating spaghetti was a sacred tradition of their's! In fact, they might have even offered some spaghetti to their sacred Gods to appease them!" Clarisse said and started laughing.

Clarisse mimed a plate of spaghetti in her hands, "Oh my god! Please accept this glorious plate of noodles in tomato sauce!" Clarisse said exaggerating her voice and bowed her head while holding the imaginary plate of spaghetti high above her head.

message 10: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) Clary burst out laughing so hard that she nearly fell from her chair. Unfortunately, everyone else had noticed and the teacher was giving her a disapproving look.

message 11: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 09, 2013 08:02PM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((I'm skipping posting at Transfigurations, because I already posted there! So it would be like I went from Ancient Runes to Transfigurations!))

Clarisse was working on the translations, when the bell rang.

"Alright, class dismissed! Homework, read through the chapters about Serica and their views about magic, I want an essay about the people of Serica and their superstitious beliefs followed by your own opinions by the next class session! You will find the details in your text! And Miss Oakwood, nothing about spaghetti please!" With that announcement, the professor dismissed the class.

Clarisse forced herself not to burst out laughing when professor was talking directly at Ginger, and then started putting her things away purposely not looking at Ginger.

"Maybe they will have...s..spaghetti in the Great Hall for....dinner..." Clarisse said in between laughs, and finally burst out into fits of laughter. She couldn't hold it in anymore.

message 12: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (flightofthebumblebees) "Maybe! Oh my gosh, that would be so funny!" Clary said, laughing with Clarisse.

message 13: by Faith (new)

Faith Alexandra (gingeralexandra) I laughed and left with them.