The Contemporary, YA, Classics and Other Random Genres Book Club discussion

INTRODUCTION

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harriate (last edited Dec 27, 2012 01:39PM) (new)

Harriate Slate (harislate) | 4 comments Mod
What ho, kind gentleman (or gentle-lady), welcome to our book club. It is a pleasant place, I must hope. If it is not, then the rules are not being obeyed, and an appropriate punishment must be enforced, for the good of the rule breaker, and of the group as a whole. You see, some order must be attained, if we are to become a pillar of society, in the role we hold as the not quite common enough reader.

So then, now that I have got that out of my system, I should start this intro post. At the moment, this is a book club started by Dee, who you have already met in the description, and I, the not so elusive, and not so infamous Hari. I apologise for the previous paragraph, which may be kept, but may be deleted and replaced, or even replaced without being deleted.

Well, once more, a paragraph wasted. In this book club, we wish to read good books, things that do truly effect you, in the heart and mind, we wish to improve our lives, to make what existence we lead into something that is worth holding on to, for we have gained the knowledge that can be attained through a good book. We do hope that you will join us on this journey, and that I will learn how to write an introductory post. Thank you for reading, (if you have indeed got this far),
-Hari

message 2: by theo (last edited Dec 27, 2012 02:10PM) (new)

theo (deethedeer) | 7 comments Mod
I don't care if no one else enjoys Hari's introduction post, I sure do! *wipes away tears of laughter*

Anyway, now for a slightly less long winded and more informative introduction from Dee (though she is not promising to not refer to herself in third person and/or use too many asterisks).

Dee is a 16 year old girl from England. She is an avid reader, a sometimes writer, a not-so-much-anymore photgrapher, an occasional video maker, and an increasingly-so illustrator/artist. She is also a Nerdfighter, and a total fangirl for Harry Potter, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Cabin Pressure, The Big Bang Theory, Skulduggery Pleasant, Pride and Prejudice, most things steampunk, tea, cameras (yes, you can definitely be a fangirl for things like tea and cameras), and many YouTube related wonders. She has two cats (one she actually bought, and another that recently adopted her), favours the colour orange above all other colours, is a grammar nerd, and, as you can probably tell, is a bit weird.

*reads through* Yeah, I like that...

*reads through again* Oh, god, you're right, Hari... We're going to scare people off! Please don't be scared off, potential fellow bookclubers! We're just a bit eccentric and kooky, not actually mad and scary!

*smiles in a friendly, I-mean-no-harm way*
*realises this might also scare people, so runs out, tripping over the doormat as she goes*

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Danielle also is a 16 year old from England who likes long walks on the beach and dogs. Not cats though (I'm allergic). She's looking for a long term, serious relationship... Oops, wrong site...

Amyway, hey! I like Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Sherlock ect ect. Not really a film person but, I like reading and knitting cool things.

I look forward to a reading adventure with you guys, who are totally not crazy! .)

message 4: by Adrain (new)

Adrain | 1 comments my name is adrian i am 125 and from the south east coast of USA. i write stream punk and action-y teen fiction.
I have dyslexia so please excuse me for any mistakes i may make spelling wise.
i am home schooled and an avid reader of sci fi and fiction such as sherlock holmes, asimov, tolkin, h.g. wells, and snicket.
i grew up watching bbc dramas with my dad so I speak Jane austin fluently as well as sherlock , doctor who, the IT crowd, merlin, and hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
i also write a web show i host every week on youtube called geek street journal about nerdy dates for your calender.
so, yup that's me :D

message 5: by theo (last edited Dec 31, 2012 01:37PM) (new)

theo (deethedeer) | 7 comments Mod
Eee, people! :D

Hi, Danielle! It's nice to meet you!
Hahahaha ;) But yay for DW, HP and Sherlock,reading, knitting! *high-fives* ^_^
Thanks for joining our book club, I hope you stick around and have fun reading with us! :D

Hi, Adrian! It's nice to meet you too!
I'm going to assume that '125' is a typo, or that you're a very young timelord... If it's the latter, THAT'S SO COOL! ;)
All further spellling mistakes excuse, then! I'm dyslexic myself (though I've got a lot better at spelling than I used to be), so I understand. I also used to be home schooled :)
And you like awesome stuff too, eee! :D
Thanks for joining our book club, I hope you stick around and have fun reading with us too!

*very excited that we have more members, and for this reason is using too many exclamation marks...* ^.^

edit: also, adrian, your videos are really good! i've subscribed :)

The Contemporary, YA, Classics and Other Random...

unread topics | mark unread