Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Quarterly Books > Slightly Settled - Wendy Markham

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I know a bunch of us have read this series, and we've talked about it in other threads. Feel free to leave any comments if you've read it, or if you're currently reading it.

Since there are so many in the series, I think I'll do this one for January, the third book for February and the fourth book for March instead of one book the whole three months.

message 2: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I have promised myself that I will not re-read any of my books until my shelves are cleared off of all unread books - but this is one series (up there with Harry Potter and Sophie Kinsella books) that I have been wanting to pick up and read again!

message 3: by Stacy (new)

LOL, I don't know how you're able to re-read books when there are so many unread ones to get to! :)

I did really like this series for the most part. I think it was book three for me that was kind of hard to get into as Tracy seemed like SUCH A WHINER! :)

message 4: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Book 1 I hated her for being so whiny. She got better though as the series went on

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Maybe it was that one then. I can't remember, I blocked it. LOL

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I read this entire series awhile ago. I liked the first one, but I hated the third! (when they got engaged.) I agree with you Stacy- that is the one I thought was too whiny. I also didn't like how the series ended. It was a nice ending for the characters, but I felt it was disappointing for me.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments I read the first two books of the series when they came out, but only finished it in 2011. I liked the first two, but like you've all said Tracey was such a whiner in the third!! When I read the third I remember wondering if I would've liked it more had I read it when I was younger than Tracey. Maybe I wouldn't have hated her so much for being so obsessed with getting married at 25. I was hesitant to finish the series after the third, but I also don't like to leave things unfinished. Tracey got less whiny in the final two.

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Suzanne wrote: "I read this entire series awhile ago. I liked the first one, but I hated the third! (when they got engaged.) I agree with you Stacy- that is the one I thought was too whiny. I also didn't like how ..."

There have been too many books between the last one in the series and now, I can't really remember it. LOL, so I guess I wasn't all that happy with it either. :)

message 9: by Stacy (new)

Nicole wrote: "I read the first two books of the series when they came out, but only finished it in 2011. I liked the first two, but like you've all said Tracey was such a whiner in the third!! When I read the ..."

Maybe she got a lot of feedback about the whining in book three and decided to not continue it. :)