Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
This topic is about Hallowed
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Hallowed by Cynthia Hand → Start Date: January 4th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 27, 2012 08:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Tori and I plan to buddy reads this!

This is number 2 in the Unearthly series. You may want to have read Unearthly already if you plan to join

Feel free to join us if you can!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I am excited to read this one!

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments me too! :D

Diana | 618 comments I want to read this too but I haven't read Unearthly yet. I heard it was pretty good.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments LOL! I haven't read Unearthly either, I plan to read them back to back :)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Trisha wrote: "LOL! I haven't read Unearthly either, I plan to read them back to back :)"

I'm borrowing uneathly right now from the library. I hope I can start this weekend instead of being distracted ):

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Diana you should really read it!! I thought it was really good!

message 8: by Diana (last edited Dec 28, 2012 05:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diana | 618 comments Yeah I'll try to get it soon. I'll definitely read it before February.

Pang | 167 comments Wowwwwwww!!!!!! I will join the Discussion!!!!! xD BUT I have to order the Book first! Ahhhhhh... =D

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments that's risky Trisha. . . What if you don't like book 1? I hope you ladies have fun reading them :) I'm going to read more contemporary, so I wait and see if it's a good one or not before making decision :)

message 11: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments This is one of the very very few Angel Book which the plot is Original!!! I really love the Angel Storyline and the Writing! But I just piss at something! *no spoiler* HAHAAAA Maybe it's just me! eiei ^^

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oooh, Pang!!! You are making me curious!!! I can't wait to read them!!

@ Gisbelle - Oh, I know it's risky but even if I hate it, I'll read book 2 just to see where it goes....For a buddy read! LOL! I really like buddy reads, so I'll even read something I don't like to join :) I didn't like Matched at all and I still thought about reading book 2 for a buddy read! LOL!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

A lot of people (including me) loved Unearthly, so I hope you like it just as much as we do Trisha!!

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I do like buddy read to Trisha :) And it makes me feel sad when people are looking for someone to read with them and no one replies. I jump in several times even I have no plan to read the books. I like when I can make people feel included :D

message 15: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments You're the best, Gis! ;) Trisha & you and Sara are IT in my book!!

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks Vic. I still hold grudge on that "slut" comment lol :P

message 17: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments Trisha wrote: "oooh, Pang!!! You are making me curious!!! I can't wait to read them!!

@ Gisbelle - Oh, I know it's risky but even if I hate it, I'll read book 2 just to see where it goes....For a buddy read! LOL..."

Maybe you will ok with that! Maybe it's just me!! HAHAAAA Waiting for your thought Trisha!!! :P

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, I have book 1 and plan to slam it out tomorrow :)

then we'll buddy read #2!!!! Yay!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!! I hope you like book #1!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

So how many chapters are we planning on reading tomorrow?? :)

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments um, I don't have the book next to me.

do you know how many chapters? I remember it being a bigger book...

1/2 way? about 200 pages? Is that good?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure that sounds great. Have you finished Unearthly yet??

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm half way. I am a Girl Scout troop leader, so I have our meeting tonight and then I'll come back and finish it!

I love it so far!

(let's see, she's been skiiing with Christian and she's met Angela of the black wing variety, and she's talked to her mom that doesn't reveal much and warned her brother after he beat the whole wresting team :D Um, her mom and her and Angela are meeting up for an outting....and I'm right around there... And what is up with Tucker?! That boy is in this story a lot!! LOL!)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I honestly forget what Unearthly was about. I read it back when it first came out, so I don't really remember much about it!! LOL! But I am glad you are liking it!!

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol Okay, I'm done with Unearthly and am totally ready to continue the story. I'll check in tomorrow after my 1/2 way through the book.

so, do you remember - are you hoping she stays with Tucker or are you hoping she finds a destiny with Christian??

and who was this dark angel that her mom knew..hmmm, hopefully answers in book 2! LOL! :D

message 26: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments Which team were you ? ;D

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Pang wrote: "Which team were you ? ;D"

lol Tucker, all the way

you??? were you team christian??

message 28: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments (view spoiler)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of forget... Lol but I think I was team Tucker. Not quite sure though.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I am starting this book in about ten minutes or so.

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oooh, okay! I'll start in about an hour (I have to catch up on the house now that the kids are off to school)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay, I stopped at chapter 12.

ugh, so so so so so much going on.
Tucker...christian...

I might be switching teams too! LOL!

let me know when you're here.

and are we aiming to finish it tomorrow?

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 04, 2013 05:11PM) (new)

Okay I will go read to chapter 12.. I didn't really have much time to read today, so I only got up to chapter three, but I will quickly go catch up right now and I will be ready to chat in about an hour!!

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol
I'm going out on a date with my husband, so I won't be back for a few hours :)

enjoy your reading. It's so surprising!! So many things revealed!!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Have fun!! :)

message 36: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments You guys are reading Book 2!!??!! I haven't buy the Book yet! :P I will come up later! =P

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Pang wrote: "You guys are reading Book 2!!??!! I haven't buy the Book yet! :P I will come up later! =P"

lol! yes, and I think I might be switching teams! You made some very good points above! Book 2 is kind of selling me though.... Christian is very...amazing ;)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha yes I think I may be switching too. Christian is soo sweet and I just kind of feel bored now when Tucker and Clare hang out.

message 39: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 167 comments I know right!!! hahaa b(^^D)d

At first I think if Tucker and Clara moments in book 2 won my heart, I will ship him because they love each other! BUT If Christian and Clara moments won my heart!!! I will TEAM CHRISTIAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!! ASAP!!!! I don't care they love each other or not! Their relationship , Their moments are My Type! :P

Haylee' Marie  (Beastly-Marie) | 105 comments I LOVE CHRISTIAN!!! so so much I was totally sad when she picked Tucker.. though I like Tucker to its just I am holding onto Christian

I started to read this book but stopped I think I will pick it back up this month

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Christian FTW.

I've supported Christian since book one two years ago, and had supported him after finishing Hallowed when it first came out a year ago (... guess I can't really join in this group read, then... whatever). Tucker is okay to me; he can get a bit annoying at times though. *Ducks from flying tomatoes* If people have an issue with Christian, wait until the end of the second book--he really comes through in the end. ;)

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jan 05, 2013 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I was "go tucker" in the first book, because christian just seemed...unrealistic...too perfect...

and then the prom!! Ugh, I thought...yep, NOW his real colors are shining through!!

but book 2.....ahhhh, he's just so sweet. I'm at the part where she found out about about what her new vision really means (and who)...and, even though she ignored him, Christian just sat outside of her window just in case she needed him.... How sweet is that??? Ugh, he is just winning me over. <3

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Tori wrote: "Haha yes I think I may be switching too. Christian is soo sweet and I just kind of feel bored now when Tucker and Clare hang out."

I was planning to finish this book today. does that work?

no worries if you have tough time fitting reading it, just jump in if you want to chat, otherwise, we can touch base when we're done.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished... Anyone ready to discuss??

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments lol!! almost! just not quite done (got distracted by...Goodreads!)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay let me know when you finish!! :)

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments done. on my gosh...I could not have loved this book more!!

ugh, took my breath away at the end!! And Christian...YAY!!!!

what did you think (I mean, I see the 5 stars! tell me wht you loved!LOL!)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was soo good!! I really loved Christian in this book! I thought he was so sweet!
Tucker in my opinion was a bit over-protective and I didn't like him as much as I did in the first one!
But I loved how in this book, we got to see more of Samjeeza, and I really enjoyed hearing more of Clare's story and the secrets that her mother was keeping from her.

I think one of the scenes that I liked the most, was when Christian and Clare went to the cemetery and kissed!!

What was your fav scene? And what did you like about this book??

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, I have to thank you! Before you mentioned this as a buddy read, I'd never even heard of this series. It wasn't on my TBR list or anything.

I just jumped because you mentioned it as a buddy read and I thought, "why not?"
then I found it it was book 2 (oops!) and had to jump to get book 1.

and I don't like books with love triangles...and I'm kind of burnt out on series reads.

but oh.my.god. I loved these books. So, thank you, I would have never read them without your help! :D

message 50: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments My favorite scene...oh there were so many.

I loved the cemetery too! I loved just about every scene Christian was in. He was so sweet, and so loving and so...he just knew her, like they were two halves to make a whole

Tucker felt different in this book. It was so easy to see how he didn't fit in her life, he just didn't work. The ultimate "but love does not conquer all" kind of scenario.

I loved learning about her dad too!! Ugh, and her mom and dad together

and I loved her mom in this one. Both times, when her mom passed and when she saw her at the end, I cried.

but...is it just me..or do you think Jeffery might be Samjeeza's kid??

or, at least, I think that's where Jeffrey is.

my guess, she and him fight at the end of book 3.

have you read the 2.1 or the 2.5??

« previous 1