Time Travel discussion

Member Introductions > Hello fellow Time Travelers

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob | 4 comments Hello fellow Time Travelers, I'm new to this group and I'm looking forward to the people I will meet in the future and the books I will learn about from the past that are good stories I have missed. The thing that interest me the most about time travel now is the chance to go back in time and change a selifish choice I have made that has had disastrous consequences on those I love. To be given that chance at redemption and right all those wrongs I have made. Anyways hello to you all and I look forward to my time here in this group. I hope you are all doing well.

message 2: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Bob, welcome & remember that every day holds a new chance at redemption, for the power to change things always resides in the present & the choice is always yours to make.

So mistakes of the past can be benificial in that they can focus you on the future, but the point of power is always now, so plot your present now & the future will take care of itself.

My view anyway.

message 3: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Bob. I would say most of us probably wish for that chance at redemption. But then if we had it we would put Hallmark and the florists out of business because we would no longer need to send out gifts of apology, especially to our wives.

message 4: by Frances (new)

Frances Clark (throughtime) | 88 comments Hello fellow time traveller Bob. Welcome. Hope you enjoy this group. I do. I wouldn't mind travelling back in time to watch them build the Pyramids even just to see them work on the Suez Canal or erect the Statue of Liberty or Sydney Harbour Bridge but when it comes to changing things I've done— Nah. All my mistakes made me who I am today. They've taught me and helped me evolve as an individual and I think if I went back and changed the past I might change as a result. Maybe I would devolve. :-)

message 5: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Frances:

Bravo.

Have a great New Year.

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 791 comments Welcome, Bob. Frances - I'm with you and Howard!

message 7: by Bob (new)

Bob | 4 comments Thanks for all the greetings and sorry for getting so personal. Hmmm now if only I could go back in time to change that.................... :)

message 8: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Bob, you just did.

message 9: by Niki (new)

Niki Alling (niki44) | 19 comments Hello, my name is Niki, I am new here. Time travel is one of my favorite subjects. Last year I wrote a novella about someone who goes back in time to try to change their life. It's called Ginny's Sacrifice. I was happy to find this thread to see people talking about that subject. I've made a few mistakes in my life, that lead me to think 'What if? What if I really could go back and change things?' and the book was born. I also write in other genres (children's books, paranormal & poetry) but I have plans to write more time travel...in the future. ;)

message 10: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Brito Hi! My name is Pablo im from México, i am happy to see many time travel fans in Goodreads!

message 11: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Niki, welcome.

Check out the threads & if you wish, start one of your own or add to any already posted.

Who knows what the Future holds?

Happy New Year.

message 12: by Niki (new)

Niki Alling (niki44) | 19 comments Thank you Howard, the Goodreads community is very welcoming!

Happy New Year to you also!
Niki

message 13: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Niki, just looked at your profile page, something I often do with those who are new to the group.

I'm impressed by how prolific you are & just wanted you to know many of our members write Time Travel for younger readers.

Also, I've often visited the area of the 1000 Islands, Oak Point, near A Bay.

Beautiful.

Very cold water, even in August.

message 14: by Niki (new)

Niki Alling (niki44) | 19 comments Thank you Howard, I just want to point out that although I do write children's books, my time travel novella, Ginny's Sacrifice, is a book for adults. I'm not sure if it's evident. I'm finding it hard to be able to separate the different genres I write on my author pages. I've never been one to stick to one genre. I write whatever strikes my mood and time constraints. So I try to put a small description next to the book title so readers can tell. I also write a lot of poetry & design for gifts & t-shirts which you can find info on my website.

The areas you mentioned are beautiful. I was at A Bay a few years ago, (I'm located more south of there) and it was so peaceful. I plan to go back sometime soon. Yes, very cold water :)

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 791 comments Niki wrote: "I've never been one to stick to one genre. I write whatever strikes my mood and time constraints. "

That's the best way to write. Welcome to the group and Happy New Year!

message 16: by Niki (new)

Niki Alling (niki44) | 19 comments Thank you Paul,
Happy New Year to you too!

message 17: by Frances (new)

Frances Clark (throughtime) | 88 comments Welcome Niki and Pablo and for everyone reading this, Happy New Year 2013

message 18: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Pablo, welcome, look forward to your posts.

Where in Mexico are you from?

Just wondering.

message 19: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Niki wrote: "I just want to point out that although I do write children's books, my time travel novella, Ginny's Sacrifice, is a book for adults. I'm not sure if it's evident. I'm finding it h..."

Welcome Niki, and feel free to post more info about your books in our "Books by Group Members" section. Also, we do a monthly giveaway, so if you would like us to feature one of your books for that, just send me a private message and we will work out all the details.

message 20: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Pablo wrote: "Hi! My name is Pablo im from México, i am happy to see many time travel fans in Goodreads!"

Welcome, Pablo. We are always glad to have another time travel fan in the group. And I love the fact that we have so many fans from all over the world. It helps give us an even broader perspective of opinions, I think.

message 21: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 791 comments John wrote: "Pablo wrote: "Hi! My name is Pablo im from México, i am happy to see many time travel fans in Goodreads!"

Welcome, Pablo. We are always glad to have another time travel fan in the group. And I love the fact that we have so many fans from all over the world. It helps give us an even broader perspective of opinions, I think. ..."

Agree completely - time travel is inherently international, especially if it takes place in the future, where there likely be will ever easier means of travel (across distances).

Welcome Pablo.

message 22: by Niki (new)

Niki Alling (niki44) | 19 comments Thank you John. I'll get back to you when I'm ready to do a giveaway with my time travel book. I'm still learning about this site, I have a giveaway submitted for one of my children's books and I'm waiting for approval. I didn't realize that it takes two business days for confirmation, so I think I've lost time already. Next time I'll know to set it up a few days in advance (and not during a holiday. ;)

message 23: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Niki wrote: "Thank you John. I'll get back to you when I'm ready to do a giveaway with my time travel book. I'm still learning about this site, I have a giveaway submitted for one of my children's books and I'm..."

No rush, Niki. At this point the next opening we have for our giveaways would be in June. I'd be happy to add you to the list if you would like. You can look through our past giveaways to see how it works. Let me know if you have any questions.

message 24: by Tej (new)

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
Gosh, a bit belated but welcome Bob, Pablo and Nikki! You know, thats a wonderful trio of names for main protagonists of a time travel novel!

Hope you guys enjoy this wonderful group as much as I do.

Bob, you dont need to rectify your mistakes of the past, simply recognising those mistakes and learning from them has made you a more awesome person today :) eliminating the learning curve of those mistakes, you become less the wiser...so when you time travel to the past, just laugh at those mistakes and think how far you've come! Of course, you could go back in the past and rectify those mistakes to test the theory...that's probably more fun ;)

Nikki, I put your novella in my to-read list. Nice colourful covers on your other book covers :)