Rockism 101 discussion

randomness > Did your NFL team make it to the playoffs?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments My freaking Steelers blew it this year! I swear Big Ben getting married has been the worst move for my team. lol.

message 2: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Well I have 3 main teams. Steelers - not looking good. Giants - need to win and they need some other teams to lose. And the Packers - are in.
So I'm rooting for the Packers in the NFC and in the AFC I'll be pulling for the Broncos.
I'll also be rooting for whoever is playing the Patriots and the 49ers.

message 3: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Damn, Ed! What do you have against the Patriots?

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments They cheat. And Tom Brady was a big supporter of George W. Bush. Also they seem a little too perfect. Like the Dallas Cowboys during the Tom Landry years. I like teams that are unorthadox, who play on the edge, etc. Big Ben scrambling, avoiding a sack and getting of a 20 yard gain...Troy Palamalo gambling on defence and shooting the gap to knock a pretty boy QB on his ass... Eli Manning standing in there and going for the long ball despite knowing he's about to get his clock cleaned... wild, one-handed, tip-towing the sideline catches off of their own helmet 40 yard catches in the final seconds of the 4th quarter...

Those kinds of things. Instead of the Patriots "take what the defence give you" precision attack - which is boring.

message 5: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit The Lions? Good one, Tanjlisa...

message 6: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Dr. Detroit wrote: "The Lions? Good one, Tanjlisa..."

Thanks, Mr. Detroit!! Looks like you're going fishing with me.

message 7: by Ed (last edited Jan 13, 2013 06:23PM) (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Is it just me or does anyone else here get the impression that 4ers head coach Jim Harbaugh is a total asshole?

message 8: by Rock (new)

Rock Ism | 284 comments Mod
I'm pulling for the Ravens at this point. Ray Lewis is still a badass!

message 9: by Seddy (new)

Seddy  (seddybear) | 5 comments My two teams are the Browns (and no, I do not expect much from them ever, but am still a fan) and the Seahawks (and we all SADLY know what has happened with them). While I will watch the Superbowl, I really don't know who I would even root for at this point. I live in Bengals country, but we all know Ohio isn't known for the records of their professional football teams...

message 10: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments I was rooting for Seattle too. I have a friend who lives in the Seattle area and he's a big fan. Plus they really play with a lot of heart. The way they came back after being down by so much shows they have a lot of fight and a great future.

As for the Browns and Bengals, well I'm a Steelers fan, so I can't root too much for them.

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Ed Wagemann wrote: "Is it just me or does anyone else here get the impression that 4ers head coach Jim Harbaugh is a total asshole?"

He played for the University of Michigan. Feel free to connect the dots.

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Didn't he play for the Lions for a bit too? I know he played for the Bears for what seemed like a long time in the 90s. I guess I could google it.

I really had no opinion of him until last year when he smacked the Lions head coach on the back and then pushed him off. Now I see his players have this same asshole cockiness. I know a lot of players do end zone dances and celebrate nearly every tackle or first down, but when the 49ers do it, it just really grates on my nerves.

message 13: by Ed (new)

Ed Wagemann (edwagemann) | 992 comments Well I'll put this out now: I'm rooting for the Ravens over the the 49ers. Obviously the Ravens are going to have to play mistake-free football and their defense is really gonna have to put the fear of God in the 49ers recieving crew.

message 14: by Farrah (new)

Farrah | 15 comments No! Damn Giants

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen Brown (jenbbrown) Not in my recent recollection, though there was once a good wild card year...such is the life of the jets fan...it's 1969 somewhere, right?

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ziko (indyziko) | 4 comments NO!!! But they did good! Go Colts :)

message 17: by George (last edited Jan 30, 2013 11:16AM) (new)

George (georgeca) Can't stand the Niners and not a fan of the Ravens either, so not a very good Superbowl for me. But I'll probably end up rooting for the Niners though, because I can't stand Ray Lewis and I don't wanna listen to him preach if he wins.

As for my team making the playoffs... well I'm a Raiders fan... :'(