Book Bitten discussion

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of Smoke & Bone
1 view
Monthly Read > DECEMBER 2012 - Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gavin | 108 comments Mod
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

We are a little late in posting this thread this month. If you have read it feel free to share what you thought of it with us.

Question prompts (feel free to add more thoughts about the book):

Did you enjoy it? Why/why not?
What did you think to the protagonist? Anything you'd change about the character?
Will you be continuing with the series? Is this your first Laini Taylor book?
What were your thoughts on the narrative?
Anything you'd improve?
Your usual genre?

Don't forget to use the spoiler tags!.

Gavin | 108 comments Mod
I thought this was really good. It was a fantasy romance set in the backdrop of a whole bunch of exotic locations like Marrakech, Prague, and the fantasy world of Eretz. Daughter of Smoke and Bone delivered everything I could ask for in a book. It had action, mystery, surprises, romance, and a complex plot that had no character you could really call the bad guy. The war between the Angels and the Demons (Chimera) was unique and certainly very different from what you get reading the average Angel book. Which is good as it let the author have free reign to create a whole new world and back story for both the Angels and the Demons.

Laini Taylor's writing is simply beautiful. The lush exotic descriptions of the locations and the strange but wonderful characters made it really easy to become swept away by the story. The story was worthy of the great writing. I never lost interest for a single minute. (view spoiler)

Anyone interested in a real treat should try the audio version narrated by Khristine Hvam. It was fantastic and Hvam's performance really brought the characters and world to life. The performance deservedly won an Audie for best fantasy audiobook.

All in all it was one of my favorite YA books ever and easily a five star read!.