Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Abbi and Melanie❀ Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska by Tricia Goyer

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new) - added it

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6306 comments Mod
❀Abbi and Melanie❀ Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska by Tricia Goyer

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9751 comments Mod
Finished the first half! :) Ready to discuss whenever you are. :)

Abbi Just finished!

I'm actually liking this book more than I thought I would!

I love the story that is being told in the letters and I kinda wish it was it's own book. I thought it was hysterical how Jane sent the letter wanting "the pretty one" to come!

It is amazing how remote the town is! I think it would be fun to live in a place like that where everyone knew everyone.

Danny irks me so much and I'm glad that Ginny is at least starting to realize how bad he would be for her! I hate people that think they have the right to control other people's lives!

I love Brett's Grandma. She is such a sweet and fun person. I love how she keeps playing the matchmaker with Brett and Ginny!

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love the letters too! It's really interesting to read Ellie's story and I'm wondering who she is and how her story ends.

I think it would be fun to live in a place like that too! I love how everyone knows each other and you only need to say someone's first name and people know who you're talking about. :)

Oh, me too! When Danny was first introduced I didn't really like him and as the story continues I dislike him more and more. I'm glad Ginny is starting to see how bad he is for her too.

I love Brett's grandmother too! How she got up to eavesdrop on Ginny and Brett's conversation was hilarious. I hope she gets better and doesn't have anymore "episodes".

I loved how jealous Ginny seemed to get at the coffee shop when she saw the pictures. It's obvious she still cares about Brett. :)

I don't know how Brett could stand all of those tourists taking pictures of him. I would have hated that. :|

Abbi I'm also wondering who Ellie is! I think she must be somehow related to Grandma since she has the letters!

I hope she gets better too!

Ginny's jealousy was pretty funny and yeah it's totally obvious that the two of them still care for each other!

I would have hated that too but I guess he just got used to it!

I loved how easily Brett and Ginny adjusted to each other again and that they don't seem to be throwing around too much accusations. In a situation like that you'd kinda expect them to be awkward and angry.

I also think it's cool how fast Ginny seems to be adjusting to Alaska-like she truly was meant to be there!

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree - I would have expected things to be awkward and/or them to be angry. Was glad that they were both happy to see each other and got along right away. :)

I think it's cool how fast Ginny is adjusting to Alaska too! I found it funny how she realized her designer shoes/outfits probably weren't the right things to bring there.

I also liked how Ginny decided to stay and help Grandma instead of going back to LA even though it probably means she'll forfeit the Grammy's.

Abbi That was amusing!

I liked that too! And I think the fact that it was so easy for her to make that decision tells a lot about where her heart really lies!

Well I can't think of anything else-you?

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agree. :)

I can't think of anything else either. Want to read the next half?

Abbi Yep!

I'll probably finish tomorrow so I'm good to discuss whenever you are!

message 10: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I'll try to finish by then or Monday. :)

message 11: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi ok sounds good!

message 12: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi Just wanted to let you know I finished this afternoon so I'm ready when you are!

message 13: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have about 90 pages left. Should finish it tonight. :)

message 14: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi :)

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just finished! Loved the ending - it bumped my rating right to 5 stars. So good! :)

I was surprised to find out Janey was Brett's grandmother. It makes sense, though, considering she played matchmaker between Ellie and Clay and then did the same with Brett and Ginny. :)

It was a shock to find out Ginny was abused as a baby. How horrible! I was glad it wasn't her mother that did it and that her mom tried to protect her by giving her up.

I loved the whole thing about how Brett's grandmother had said the letters were for one person and one person only - Brett's future wife - and then gave them to Ginny to read. :) I also liked how she hid the last letter. :)

message 16: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi The ending was good! I was reading it in Eat n' Park after lunch with the fam and a family that we've known since before I was born and I kept laughing out loud and had a dopey grin on my face!

Haha yeah I was surprised too, and it does makes sense with the matchmaking! Also explains how she got the letters!

Yeah that was horrible! I was so happy when I found out the mother didn't do it and that she gave Ginny away to protect her and had every intention of coming back. It was also cool that she left her at the church

I liked that too! It really explained why Brett was so shocked she was reading them!

I thought it was cool how they were turning Clay's cabin into a museum of sorts! That would definitely be a cool thing to visit.

The part with Tinle was interesting. I was glad that the baby wasn't Joseph's and that Clay believed him!

message 17: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Dec 30, 2012 11:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hadn't thought about that, but it does explain how she got the letters.

That was cool. I wonder if parts of Clay and Ellie's story/letters will be a part of the museum.

I had thought the baby was Joseph's at first, was glad when he said the baby wasn't and that his dad believed him. It also explained why Tinle didn't want Joseph in the room or to know.

I found it interesting how Danny didn't seem to care that much about Ginny and Brett getting back together. It seems like he cared more about fame/money than Ginny.

message 18: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi That would be cool!

I didn't find it too strange that Danny didn't care all that much since he and Ginny weren't officially in a relationship.

I loved when she was asking Brett about Kelly and replied that he knew who she was talking about but didn't know what she was talking about!

That plane wreck would have been cool to visit-though it's a tragic accident!

I loved how when Clay thought the leaders wanted to see him and Ellie cause they were mad at her but then it turned out to be the opposite!

message 19: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I loved that too! I also loved how he said she should become a novelist for all the fiction she comes up with. LOL!

Oh, I also loved that! I found it funny how he thought she had made the women mad, when in fact they liked her! :)

It was really scary how Penny became ill! I liked how Ellie took charge and put her in the snow to cool her. I was glad when we found out she got better.

The bear scene was very suspenseful! To think that Brett's grandmother went through that.

That whole scene at the plane wreck was great! I loved how Brett went and searched for Ginny. :)

message 20: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi Yeah I was so glad that Penny got better-that would be so scary! I loved how attentive Clay was!

I agree that the bear scene was suspenseful! I would have freaked out!

I loved how he searched for her too!

I like how the letters give both sides of the story!

Nurse S was funny! I loved all the additions she put into the letters!

I thought it was so funny how the place they got the pizza was "the only place" to get food!

message 21: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agree and agree! I loved the letters (it was great to read firsthand Ellie's story) and I found Nurse S's additions so funny!

I thought that was funny too - talk about a small town. :)

I liked how Brett said he was willing to support Ginny's dreams, even if that meant living in L.A. It was very sweet. I also loved the way he proposed. :)

message 22: by Abbi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abbi That was sweet and the proposal was cool!

Well I can't think of anything else-you?

Random note: I read parts of 7 books today and I kept finding myself typing the wrong name lol

message 23: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I can't think of anything else. Fun discussing this one. :)

LOL! I mix names up, too, especially when reading a lot of books at once. :|