Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Forged by Greed (Forged, #1)
This topic is about Forged by Greed
Author Q & A > Q&A with Angela Orlowski-Peart

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments The fabulous Angela Orlowski-Peart has agreed to do a Q&A with us on December 27th, for her book Forged by Greed which is our YA debut/first in a series group read!

Time: 10am to 1pm PST (1pm to 4pm EST) (6-9PM GMT)

Spoiler rules still apply so please use tags if you're going to give anything away about Forged by Greed. All members are invited whether you're reading the book, or have already read it. (Even if you haven't read it!!)

Please keep all comments/questions polite and respectful. Though I know that's not a problem with our wonderful members!

Forged by Greed (The Forged Series, #1) by Angela Orlowski-Peart

message 2: by Ladyacct (last edited Dec 27, 2012 03:13AM) (new)

Ladyacct | 65 comments Is it going to be part of a series? or just a trilogy?

message 3: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:35AM) (new) - added it

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Great starter questions guys.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments All right everyone it's officially start time for this Q&A so ask your questions!

I'm not quite done with Forged by Greed. But I have to ask what inspired this book to take place around the Romeo and Juliet/star-crossed lovers Jared and Jasmira? Did you think of exploring the world differently instead of through their romance?

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I am very excited to discuss my book with you. I have a fresh cup of coffee here and a platter of virtual cookies for you, so help yourself :-)))

Angela

message 6: by A.O. (last edited Dec 27, 2012 10:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Linda wrote: "I do have a question.
Please tell me a little about this book so that I can put it at #1 of my to read books.
Thanks."

Linda, I think the blurb describes Forged by Greed the best. Go here and see http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Ladyacct wrote: "Is it going to be part of a series? or just a trilogy?"

Thank you for your question, Ladyacct. I am planning a trilogy with book 2 coming up in summer of 2013. Book 3 might be released right around Christmas 2013 or in January of 2014. But it is possible that I will add book 4 as well.

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "All right everyone it's officially start time for this Q&A so ask your questions!

I'm not quite done with Forged by Greed. But I have to ask what inspired this book to take place around the Romeo ..."

Shera, great question. Because Jatred and Jasmira belong to the rivaling Shifter Races, their situation is similar to the timeless Romeo and Juliet story. Their relationship is frowned upon, but - as typical teens - they follow their hearts and don't like being told what to do :-)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Angela wrote: "Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I am very excited to discuss my book with you. I have a fresh cup of coffee here and a platter of virtual cookies for you, so help yourself :-)))..."

Thanks for coming!!

Wow, that's great as I'm reading it I keep thinking this would make a great trilogy!!

What genre would you say this book falls into for readers, Epic Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Romance . . .

message 10: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:02AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments What sources did you use to make your own version of shifter mythology? What inspired you?

message 11: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) It would be hard to classify Forged by Greed in just one genre. It is a mix of Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Epic Fantasy. I think this book appeals to the readers interested in the mix of paranormal and fantasy, but firmly set in reality. And because there are elements of mythology, the book should make it a really interesting read for many.

message 12: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 14 comments Angela wrote: "It would be hard to classify Forged by Greed in just one genre. It is a mix of Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Epic Fantasy. I think this book appeals to the readers interested in the mix of..."

I love the addition of mythology to your story. Did you do special research or just incorporate elements you already loved (as asked by a huge mythology geek :) )

message 13: by Candy (new) - added it

Candy Smith MY brain is working is slow mode today,so I can't think of any questions.I just wanted to say hello and tell Angela I look forward to reading Forged by Greed

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments I have a totally goofy question, too.

Zombie apocalypse just started, what fictional character (from anywhere) do you want by your side to fight the undead hordes?

message 15: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Ash wrote: "Angela wrote: "It would be hard to classify Forged by Greed in just one genre. It is a mix of Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Epic Fantasy. I think this book appeals to the readers intereste..."

Ash, I have been infatuated with mythology since childhood. My sister and I used to read tons of Greek, Roman, Celtic, and Egyptian mythology stories as kids. While writing Forged by Greed I did a lot of research, since I wanted both of my Goddesses - Amber and Crystal - to be based on real mythological gods and goddesses.

message 16: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Candy wrote: "MY brain is working is slow mode today,so I can't think of any questions.I just wanted to say hello and tell Angela I look forward to reading Forged by Greed"

Candy, I can relate! In my case it is waaaaay too many Christmas cookies :-) That always slows me down.

message 17: by A.O. (last edited Dec 27, 2012 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "I have a totally goofy question, too.

Zombie apocalypse just started, what fictional character (from anywhere) do you want by your side to fight the undead hordes?"

Hah, I love that question, Alana! I'm all for the battles with undead or alive (BTW there is a really cool epic battle at the end of Forged by Greed). If I could use my Goddesses' creatures of torment, I would definitely want them by my side. They are vicious, strong, and won't stop until the enemy is destroyed :-) The Summer Goddess, Amber has an army of Mahrasets. And the Winter Goddess, Crystal leads equally horrifying Garhanans.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Do you read the reviews of your book? I know it's sort of a 'hot issue' with some writers and they cannot look at them

message 19: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Meacham | 1 comments Hi Angela,

I know you're book is going to be great. I look forward to reading it.

~clink~

Kerry

message 20: by A.O. (last edited Dec 27, 2012 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Do you read the reviews of your book? I know it's sort of a 'hot issue' with some writers and they cannot look at them"

Absolutely! I read each and every one of them. I rely on my readers opinion so I can improve the story line, the characters, the conflict etc. in the next books of the series.

message 21: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Kerry wrote: "Hi Angela,

I know you're book is going to be great. I look forward to reading it.

~clink~

Kerry"

Hi, Kerry! So nice to see you here. Let me know how you like Forged by Greed :-)

All the best, and yes - a sweet tea glass clink (I've missed it).

Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books (michellesparanormalreviews) | 19 comments Hi Angela, Wanted to say hi, and am glad your book is one for the reads for this group, as I already have it from winning a giveaway (from you) and have it planned to read with the group now, I have read about a chapter of it, and will say it starts off great, in a way to hook us in, and love that its around the area I live (i live in the mountains 1 1/2 hour from Seattle) I am also excited to see here you say it has some Greek mythology as well in it. Now I am even more excited. I love the mix of all of that.
Love the cover too, very cool, its what attracted me to the book to start with.
Can't really think of a good question that hasn't been asked yet, just wanted to say hi and tell you that I look forward to reading it.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Angela,

Do you have any other projects in the works, or are you sticking primarily with your current series?

message 24: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Angela,

Do you have any other projects in the works, or are you sticking primarily with your current series?"

I am actually working on the new series. This one is YA scifi and it takes place in the future. The prequel novella is almost done! It is scheduled for publication in March 2013.

message 25: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Michelle's wrote: "Hi Angela, Wanted to say hi, and am glad your book is one for the reads for this group, as I already have it from winning a giveaway (from you) and have it planned to read with the group now, I hav..."

Hold on, Michelle. I typed a long answer for you but Goodreads crashed and didn't save. Let me recreate it.

message 26: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Hi, Michelle. I'm so glad you are excited about Forged by Greed! I live in the Seattle area and I really like my city, so I decided to place the novel in here.

I have a Pinterest board where I pin photos of celebrities that look like my characters etc. I will soon pin the pictures of the actual scenes from the book. And there will be a video too! Here's the link:http://pinterest.com/angelapeart/the-...

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments How about another fun one?

Angela, what would you do for a Klondike bar?

message 28: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) I know that we are at the end of our event. But if you have any other questions, please feel free to email me here on Goodreads or at angela@angelapeart.com

Sign up for my newsletter to get the latest news about the upcoming releases, giveaways, freebies, events etc. http://angelapeart.us5.list-manage.co...

And please stay in touch. I love hearing from my readers!!!

message 29: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "How about another fun one?

Angela, what would you do for a Klondike bar?"

I'm afraid I wouldn't do much - it contains gluten :-)

message 30: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Dec 27, 2012 01:58PM) (new) - added it

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Thanks to everyone who stopped by with questions for Angela!!

Even bigger thanks to Angela for stopping by!! I'm really looking forward to your upcoming releases for 2013!

message 31: by A.O. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Thanks to everyone who stopped by with questions for Angela!!

Even bigger thanks to Angela for stopping bye!! I'm really looking forward to your upcoming releases for 2013!"

Shera, thank you for hosting me today, and for all you do! I love being a part of this group.

message 32: by Ash (new) - added it

Ash Krafton (ash_krafton) | 14 comments Angela wrote: "Ash wrote: "Angela wrote: "It would be hard to classify Forged by Greed in just one genre. It is a mix of Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Epic Fantasy. I think this book appeals to the reade..."

I am the SAME WAY...and I think I passed it on to my son, who is nutters about Greek mythology...so much so that he disdains Roman ANYTHING and says things like "I swear by the River Styx!"

Looking forward to reading your work...

Cheers, Ash

Jennifer Treviño (albinomex) This was such a great book!! I really enjoyed it!

message 34: by A.O. (last edited Jan 10, 2013 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.O. Peart (aopeart) Jennifer wrote: "This was such a great book!! I really enjoyed it!"

Jennifer, I'm glad that you have enjoyed Forged by Greed. And thank you (again :) ) for rating it so high. You made my day! I probably told you that already, haven't I?

I just want to let you know that I am working on a short story anthology that is a part of The Forged Series. It should be published in the next two months, so stated tuned :-) I will let you and the other readers know as soon as it's out!

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forged by Greed (other topics)