Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Group Challenges and Buddy Reads > Epilogue Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 1001 Romances!, Really Pamela, Dhes, & Lisa Kay! (last edited Dec 26, 2012 08:22PM) (new)

1001 Romances! | 178 comments                                                            [image error]
                                                                       ~The Epilogue Challenge~

We have a tie in the voting for the 2013 Featured Challenge, so we've added this one, too!

Some authors, such as William Shakespeare or Susan Elizabeth Phillips, are known for writing great epilogues. No, I don't mean the kind that just set up the next book in the series! You know the kind that tie everything up, or show us the characters in a future setting.

Other authors, such as Teresa Medeiros for Goodnight Tweetheart have done so to satisfy reader demands.

Rules? Read a book with a good to great epilogue. Or even one that is just the epilogue, such as Julia Quinn's Epilogue II for the Bridgertons series that she is working on.

Goal? You set the level.

When? Start Date: 00:01 on January 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013.

Where?: Join the Challenge that appears here, on our Home Page, or it can be found at this link.

How?: For additional help in understanding how to join, check out instructions under “GoodReads How To...” “Join a Featured Group Challenge.” This requires adding a specific bookshelf to your bookshelves. Remember, if your bookshelf has more than one word, you must add a HYPHEN in between.

Special Note: You won't be able to set you goals on our Home Page until January 1st!

Feel free to let us know what you think of the epilogue in this thread.

message 2: by 1001 Romances!, Really Pamela, Dhes, & Lisa Kay! (new)

1001 Romances! | 178 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Susan (susayq ~) (last edited Dec 30, 2013 01:02PM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 257 comments I'm in for this! I love a good epilogue. I'll be interested to see what everyone else finds for this :)

10/12

Undone by Her Tender Touch by Maya Banks
Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
The Teacher's Billionaire by Christina Tetreault
Delicate Freakn' Flower by Eve Langlais
Lover at Last by J R Ward
Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis
Ruthless by Anne Stuart - there's a separate epilogue for this in her website.
To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn
Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - read the epi on her website.

READ:
Undone by Her Tender Touch (Pregnancy & Passion, #4) by Maya Banks Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1) by Christina Tetreault Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters #1) by Eve Langlais Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) by Anne Stuart To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5) by Julia Quinn Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I will try this one. But how will I know if it has an epilogue until I read it? Hope ya'll will give some recommendations ☺

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Im in for this one :) Will look at everybodys lists and hope to find some great books:)

message 6: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 2010 comments You know, I'm really not find of epilogues. But I am fond of Julia Quinn.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Susan, Pamela, & Karen. Welcome to the challenge. Yes, I think recommendations are going to be important for this one.

I don't have many, but I remember The Promise of Jenny Jones by Maggie Osborne has a great epilogue, if you like Romantic Westerns.

I've been meaning to get to Now a Bride (Mistress Trilogy #2.5) by Mary Balogh ; maybe this challenge will nudge me to read it.

Another one for me would be Reason Enough by Megan Hart ...which is an epilogue for the wonderful - but powerful - Dirty by Megan Hart .

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 257 comments I loved the epilogue in The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh, I need to get to that one, Susan. Thanks!

message 10: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 257 comments Welcome :)

message 11: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments I'm going to try this one.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Neat, Nikki! Welcome.

message 13: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments All done with this one! If I come across any more with good epilogues I'll update this post.

HEA Epilogue Challenge
1/1/13-12/31/13
6/5

On the Island by Tracey Garivs-Graves 1/22/13
Lumberjack Epilogue: Christmas Edition by Penny Watson 2/18/13
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles 6/24/13
When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James 7/11/13
The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James 8/5/13
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare 8/30/13

On the Island (On the Island #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves Lumberjack Epilogue Christmas Edition by Penny Watson Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) by Eloisa James The Duke Is Mine (Fairy Tales, #3) by Eloisa James Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Congrats Nikki. I agree that epilogue from Clockwork Princess was a doozie. And On the Island was really satisfying ending to a great book.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Wow! Great job, Nikki! Congrats!

message 16: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments Thanks ladies!

The ending of Clockwork Princess just about killed me.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Me too. I actually sobbed.