The Host (The Host, #1) The Host question

great another book. ... now another movie
Ultra Graytiger Ultra Dec 26, 2012 07:11PM
Ok so the author of twilight stephenie meyer has written another book

well it was published in 2008 and now suddenly after 5 years.. Theres a movie. Ive read a preview of her book and i was lost i didnt really know what was going on .has anyone ever read the books??do u think that its gonna suck like twilight?

share ur opinion

deleted member Dec 26, 2012 07:18PM   2 votes
Personally, I really liked The Host. To me the characters were more likable than in Twilight. However, I am not an avid hater of Twilight, but I wouldn't call myself a fan either. Meyer's writing definitely got better with The Host. Although, it is really lengthy and took me a while to read. I'm actually really looking forward to the movie. I would definitely recommend it if you like the idea of science fiction, because it isn't quite like most science fiction.

The Host is nothing like Twilight. Its main focus is the world and its situations, not the love story.

personally the host is my favourite book! it was nothing like twilight....so much better and more mature too! the best is how slow the book starts out but once it speeds up their no putting the book down!

The Host is a great book that creates a unique world. Although Stephanie is not the best writer, she grows with each of her books. The Host, being her last book, is her best.
The other factor that will make the Host a great movie is the cast and director. Saoirse Ronan, who plays the main character, has a great resume that includes The Lovely Bones, Hanna, and Atonement. The screenwriter/director, Andrew Niccol, wrote and directed In Time, Lord of War, and the sci-fi classic Gattica. He also wrote The Terminal and The Truman Show.
Give this film a chance. The star is Not Kristen Stewart and the director is Not Catherine Hardwicke.

The host was so much better than the Twilight series.

I am not an avid fan of Twilight, I find the movies hilarious, and generally not a fan of her writing in general. However, my bookworm buddy told me to read it with the promise that it was nothing like Twilight. She didn't lie.
This is the only Meyer book I still own (I sold my other ones) and I've read it twice. I think it's worth reading, at least. If you don't want to buy it, rent it from the library.
I agree that the dilemmas is very similar throughout the two series, but I think that the way Meyer goes about describing and playing out the dilemmas are very different.

@anna: IKR!!! I FREAK OUT EVERY SINGLE DAY ABOUT THAT BOOK AND THE FACT THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A MOVIE!!! and the book was really good. i really loved how it showed that it's really important what's on the inside and how you feel, not what's on the outside and how you look. It is one of my favorite books!

Anna have you seen the trailer? i guess you have.:) OMG IT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME! I CAN'T WAIT TP SEE THE MOVIE!! aklsfnkdsanf ...more
Jan 02, 2013 09:49AM · flag

The Host was a good book. Don't compare it to Twilight and don't go into it expecting it to be like Twilight. It's very different and honestly you might not be able to tell that it's written by the same author.

This book is really good and has a fantastic plot. I would read this book again and again if I could. It is nothing like twilight except for the fact that there is romance, but that is all.

the Host is my favorite science fiction book and it is a ton better than twilight. I believe the reason that Stephanie Meyer is turning the book into a movie is to make more money. it might be a bit harsh but writing is her lifestyle and she had a lot of success with twilight and she is going to see if she can hit it big again. I love the host the book is amazing and I'm looking forward to the movie

I haven't read it yet, But I think it's a good book.
Meyer is a good writer. I love her... I think the movie would definitely hit the theather.The Host There's nothing like this yet and that is a cool thing.

I agree, The Host is nothing like Twilight. It took me about the 7th chapter to get into it. I'm not a sci-fi fan, yet I loved The Host and can't wait until the movie is out.

the host is such a great book nothing like twilight i personally liked twilight alot im a fan of it but i gotta say the host was amazing it starts slow but once you get past the first few chapters it gets really good and you dont want to put it down. im really exited for the movie to come out!!

I really loved the host, it was well written and it was a mega page turner. I also think there were some excellent ideas in there too, like the pharmacuticals the doctors used. I wish they were real!

I also loved the way Melanie and Wanda became like sisters, I think it was really uplifting to have such an ending to such a tragic relationship.

I think the movie will spoil it, but my curiosity is definately going to get the better of me on this one...

now i think that they won't ruin this magnificent book with this movie THIS TIME they've chose great actors that will fullfield their characters very well. i saw the trailer and i think that is AWESOME and it will make justice to the books. I hope they don't change the plot very much :/ that would ruin the book and the movie.

I LOVE THIS BOOK -- I'm not a twilight fan, BUT THIS BOOK IS NOT A LOVE STORY IT TEACH YOU A LESSON 8actually, and MAKES YOU wondeer abouth things, reflection on things, makes you think of things it keeps you goin on and on... IT IS AMAZING. You actually will come to learn some things with this book like_: is it,our violent and brutal nature of mankind, that will ruin our kin or kind, and not natural disasters or so? Are we ready to face the aliens if they exist, or live in other world if we can't live with ourselves? What can twe do to change it? ... among other things

GO READ IT

THIS BOOK IS CLASSIFIED BY ADULT'S FICTION AND NOT YOUNG ADULT FICTION FOR SOME REASON..

OK, so i went into the bookshop(love to start my stories this way),walking around, felt the books all the way i can (like sniffed, touched, hugged etc). After a few minutes i saw The Host. I had complex feelings about it 'cause of Twilight... of course, but also cause i knew that my cousin, who in my personal judgement has a good taste in books was a huge fan of The Host. So i took it in my heands, like, who am i not to give a chance for a book? i started to read... and i actually sat there for like an hour (what is not a big deal but i remember i really gotta hurry somewhere) reading, really into the story.
So i bought it. And yeah, i admit that the story slows down at some place,but if we don't count that,it's amazing. I mean the characters are great,well-developed personalities... Jared, who only cares about his love, Wanda/Wanderer who simply even THINK about being mean, Jeb, Jamie... so i recommend The Host. Absolutely.
AND THE MOVIE, I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE MOVIE!! I mean when i saw the new trailer i was like akdsjcnvsjdknv!! MUST WATCH IT.

I will admit it for the first time. I've never read or seen Twilight. That's right. I'll take the walk of shame later.

I did read "The Host" and I absolutely loved it. I think it would make a wonderful movie.

I did not like The Host and found it very similar to Twilight...one is aliens one is vampires but the characters and dilemmas are similar. I won't go into it because I don't want to spoil anything but I would say there are much better books out there...don't waste your time,

I did like Twilight, but The Host is really so much better. The characters are better, the idea is better, the story is better. It's a little hard to understand at first, but the story is gorgeous and truly amazing, so I would really give it a try if I were you.

people who love no-plots will love it

deleted member Dec 26, 2012 07:17PM   0 votes
The Host, in my opinion is NOTHING LIKE TWILIGHT.... it's sooo much better and this is from a twihard. The Host was written for adults, but anyone can read it, really. It's science fiction and post apocolyptic with the aliens and everything, and it's actually like, one of my all tims favorite books. I am really excited for the movie and am really hoping it doesn't get messed up.

Inês i really agree with you:D
Jan 02, 2013 08:30AM · flag