Bitten (Otherworld, #1) Bitten discussion

women of the otherworld which is your favorite character of this series?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

fabby i personally loved dime store magic with paige and lucas

Andrea That is my favorite too. I've reread it so many times.

Laura I love this series and I am so sad it has come to an end. I was really hoping that she would continue the Men of the otherworld series. My favorite characters has to be Eve Levine and Kristof Nast.

fabby They have some novellas on them elena and clay were so cool I wanted more from them and one with the future of adam romance I reread them so much I wish for a spinoff

Nicky ive read all the books but my all time favourite is paige and lucas , dime store magic was the first book i read then i bought the others so ill stick with the first book i fell in love with

Michaela My favourite characters are Elena and Clay. I just love them as a couple. I'm sad to see the series over but I'm glad there's more novellas being released in future, so it's not completely over yet :)

Sarah Dean Elena !!

fabby will there really be more novellas?

Michaela Fabiola wrote: "will there really be more novellas?"

Yeah. Two novellas have just been released recently. One called Forbidden which is a Elena and Clay novella. And one called Amityville Horrible which is a Jaime novella. I haven't read these two yet but I'm looking forward to reading them. And I think Kelley Armstrong said on her website that her next novella will be about Nick but I don't think it's out until later this year.

Sandra I have just started reading this series, reading Dime Store Magic right now. So far, Elena is my favorite character. Of course this might change as I get further into the series.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Elena clay JEREMY! And Adam and Xavier and Lucas and nick and Antonio and logan for all the 3 seconds he's in it more to come....

message 12: by Izzy (last edited May 13, 2013 05:26AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Izzy Hope someone can give me an honest answer but are all of the couples/writing like Elena and Clay?
Only read 'Bitten' so far and I'm not looking forward to the rest. Decided to put this series on hold at the moment.

I've just found out that I've also got 'Broken' and 'Frostbitten' which also include Elena, Clay and the Pack gang and they're heading straight to the charity shop.
I've also got 'No Humans Involved', 'Living With The Dead' and 'Haunted'. So are the narrators more interesting than Elena? Or was 'Bitten' a good indicator of Kelly Armstrong's voice?

EDIT:
Crap. Just found out that Jeremy is a part of 'No Humans Allowed'. I might be able to stomach Jeremy as long as the rest of the werewolf pack aren't involved. Please can someone tell me if the rest of the pack make any appearances?

Martine Jeremy Danvers hands down! "No humans involved" was my favorite, but I have read all of the Otherworld series. "Men of the otherworld" would be my second favorite.

Michaela Martine wrote: "Jeremy Danvers hands down! "No humans involved" was my favorite, but I have read all of the Otherworld series. "Men of the otherworld" would be my second favorite."

Men of the Otherworld is one of my favourites of the series also. I loved reading more of Clay and Jeremy's backstory.

Caitlin Izzy wrote: "Hope someone can give me an honest answer but are all of the couples/writing like Elena and Clay?
Only read 'Bitten' so far and I'm not looking forward to the rest. Decided to put this series on h..."

Ummm... it sounds like you're not going to like this series at all, since you already want to get rid of half of it. Eve, who narrates Haunted is more interesting then Elena, in some ways, yeah. But that's the only book she narrates. Jeremy is in No Humans Involved for a reason, the rest of the pack is not. If you've decided to judge a whole series on just one book you've read, I think you should give up on it. Don't even put it on hold when you don't like characters that do come up often through the series.

message 16: by Izzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Izzy Caitlin wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Hope someone can give me an honest answer but are all of the couples/writing like Elena and Clay?
Only read 'Bitten' so far and I'm not looking forward to the rest. Decided to put thi..."

I'm not judging the rest of the series but I have to admit that by reading the first book, I've feeling really underwhelmed. The first book in a series should be strong so that it will make you feel like you want to continue with the series, not abandon it.

I'm willing to give the series a chance (I am interested in the genre and plots of these books and since I've already bought the books, I might as well read them) but I want to know more before I continue it. I really disliked Elena and Clay so I'm going to stay away from their books. I gave them a chance but I want to give the rest of the characters a chance.
I just want to know more about what to expect and perhaps which ones to start off with etc. For instance, I don't know whether 'Bitten' was in the style of Elena's character or whether that really was Kelly Armstrong. I found the writing and the protagonist in 'Bitten' very bland. If I want to read about a certain character who's easy to relate to or has more personality, which one should I read first? That sort of thing.

I've read nothing but good things about Kelley Armstrong and so I want to read her at her best. I was told that this series was her strongest and that I can skip some books and only read the ones that I'm interested in.

Caitlin you can skip the werewolf books but they do appear at some point in most of the others (not all) why not try reading a little of the other narrators first (have a look on her website for some free short stories) and see if you like them. I personally loved all of the narrators especially Elena.

you also said that the first books should be strong and make you want to read the series i think it is and does but it was originally a stand alone book so that might be your problem with it.

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Love Elena and Clay's stories, Bitten, Stolen, Broken and Frostbitten. I loved all of them.