My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Community > MODERATOR APPLICATIONS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Please simply fill out this simple form and post it to this topic. Moderators will be chosen before 2013.

Name?

Age?
(Please state your real age, if you can't, that is fine.)

How long have you been in this group?

On a scale of 1-10 what is your commitment to this fandom?

Do you contribute anything to the fandom? If yes, please state what.
(Fanart, fanfiction, etc.)

Have you seen every episode of MLP, and do you have common knowledge of each pony and other things?

What would you say about your writing skills?
(proper grammar, spelling, etc.)

About how often are you online, on Goodreads?

How much modding experience have you had?

A hater has just joined this public group and has been posting profane and inappropriate comments about the groups topics. They have been infuriating other group members, even causing a single extreme argument. How exactly would you handle this situation?

Said hater has now begun to create multiple accounts and re-join the group. How would you handle this continuation of the previous problem?

Why do you want this moderating position? Why do you deserve it?

How would you get more members to join and keep dead topics alive?

Will time zones be a problem?
(Many members of Goodreads tend to live in the US, and since the show was made in the US, we would like to have the moderators be on during normal US hours. If you lived in Australia, for example, how would you handle time zones?)

How did you find the MLP fandom? And has it helped you in any way?

------

Sorry it's so long, but keep in mind this is a large group to manage, therefore I need a great mod.

message 2: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Dec 30, 2012 04:48PM) (new)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Name: Ali

How long have you been in this group? A few weeks, but I'm planning to stay a while.

On a scale of 1-10 what is your commitment to this fandom? Maybe a seven or an eight.

Do you contribute anything to the fandom? If yes, please state what.
I would certainly like to. I have done some fanart, but GR won't let me post it anywhere. Probably just a glitch, so I'll be able to post it eventually (Hopefully). I would like to do some fanfictions as well.

Have you seen every episode of MLP, and do you have common knowledge of each pony and other things?
Mostly to the common knowledge and the episodes. Even though I haven't seen every single episode of MLP, I'm definately trying to. I watch it every day. Any I do have mostly commomn knowledge of most of the ponies on the show. But, hey, if I don't and I get stuck, I can look it up on google. That's what google's there for, right?

What would you say about your writing skills?
I'd say I have good writing skills. I have proper grammer. I can spell well, too. If I get stuck on a word I can't spell I either copy it onto a word document and get the spelling, look it up on google(again! :) ), or put (sp?) beside the word. :)

Every day, mostly. If I have something important to do, I won't be on though. But, other than that I'm on all the time.

I've been a mod in alot of my groups, so I've had a fair amount of modding experiance.

A hater has just joined this public group and has been posting profane and inappropriate comments about the groups topics. They have been infuriating other group members, even causing a single extreme argument. How exactly would you handle this situation?
I would first PM the member privately to discuss the situation with them. If they continue to post rude things, but it only bothers a few people I would make the person apologize, then temporarily ban them from the group. If it continued after their ban was over, they would be kicked off of the group. If it bothered a larger group of people, after dicussion with the mods, I would most likely kick the person off of the group.

Said hater has now begun to create multiple accounts and re-join the group. How would you handle this continuation of the previous problem?
Again, I would first talk to the person. Look above. I would handle it the same way, until that person learned their lesson. If they do not learn their lesson, I'll make the group private. That should help. :)

Why do you want this moderating position? Why do you deserve it?
I love MLP and I love modding, so what could be a better combination. I feel like I could make this group better, and try to get activity up and running.

How would you get more members to join and keep dead topics alive?
Invite every one. I would also try sending out newsletters, doing more compatitions, ect. Anything to keep this group alive.

Nope. :)

How did you find the MLP fandom? And has it helped you in any way?
All of my friends on GR like MLP. All of my friends are in this group. So, I became a pony lover. :) I can't say it's helped me out of depression or anything, 'cause I feel just fine. :) I just love it!

message 3: by Carlee (last edited Dec 28, 2012 10:48PM) (new)

Carlee Cannon (flutterlilly) :shrug: why not?

how long in the group: in this group? only about 2 days. been a brony for exactly 5 months and 11 days though.:)

commitment to the fandom: I'm very committed. 9/10 because I'm a closet brony in real life.

contribute anything to the fandom: maybe this counts, but on the pony forum I go to, I'm known for my advice and taking the time to help and listen to anypony who needs it. I've met and helped out so many amazing people that way! also, I have done much artwork, mostly drawings of all the mane 6 and many other characters also some background ponies.
have I seen all the episodes and have common knowledge of each pony and other things: of corse! seen all episodes up to the apple family reunion and look forward to the rest of season 3. I've come to love each pony.

my writing skills: hmm.. I try my best in grammer and spelling I don't think it's too bad. I've actually written some pretty good stories.

how often on goodreads: I took a very long break and just coming back now. in the past I was very active, but I couldent get to a computer very often so I didn't come as much. but lately I visit at least once a day and definatley will now that I have a laptop. and an iPod for quick visits.

modding expiriance: maybe 5-6 groups. but only one group was any good with lots of active members. that was a while back so I have a little expiriance.

some hater joins and posts crap: I'm not going to freak out and start yelling them. I usually avoid arguments if I can. I will first calmly stand up for any member getting bullied if it comes to that point and then find out about that member, talk to them and see what's up. maybe help them if they need it. if it dosent stop after that, and after we mods all privately discuss;) then kick them out.

hater creates multiple accounts to get in: again I'll be nice and talk it out, hopefully showing kindness will calm things down, otherwise think about making this group private, where the mods decide who gets to come in

why do I want this position: something to do I guess... I plan to do more activity here and will have fun with this group, meeting the fellow bronies here and seeing what I can do to expand the group and keep it active.

how to get more members and keep dead topics alive: I have plenty of friends here who I think I could invite to the fandom if I tell them about it and ask, I'll do my best to keep dead topics interesting and keep up with adding more topics to keep things up and running.

will time zones be a problem: no. hasn't been before at least.

finding the MLP fandom was an accident. I liked the show and was searchig the app store for something MLP related and came across a brony forum instead. it was friendshipismagic.org. I was so confused when I got there, my first forum and I didn't know what a brony was or what all these people were even doing here! I thought I was the only teen MLP fan. I just sort of went with it and met some AMAZING ponys and had a great time! it's helped me more than I can even say. bronies are some of the best bunch of people I'll ever meet. I know I can count on anyone over in FiM to be there for me when I need them and I know I'll drop everything to be there for someone else if they need me. I can honestly say I truly love most everypony over there and will do just about anything for them. I owe the fandom so much and I'm so lucky to have stumbled across it:)

message 4: by 7703maya (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:14AM) (new)

7703maya | 4 comments Name-maya

Age-12

about a month.

well, I check and comment about 2 to 3 times a week, so about 8 out of 10.

If I knew how to, I would.

I have seen EVERY episode and have much knowledge about MLP facts.

My grammer and writing skills are very good.

Every day for little "checkups" once and a while.

Kind of a lot.

I would first talk about it with the person and if they didn't Improve, then I would kick them off the group (pinkie pie style)!

I would do the same things stated above.

I want this position because I am a dedicated MLP fan and think I can handle such a big group. I know that I deserve this position because even though I might be young, I am very responsible and, again I am a dedicated MLP fan.

I would do more competitions (rainbow dash style!) because I think that they are fun.

Time zones will not be a problem for me.

I discovered this MLP fandom just by searching on goodreads for ANYTHING MLP. When I found this, I knew that it was just for me! This group makes me happy to see that there are pony lovers out there just like me that I can relate to.

Thank you so much for this opportunity,

Maya a.k.a Pinkie pie

message 5: by Cloudy Storms, DERP :D (last edited Dec 29, 2012 10:23PM) (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 214 comments Mod
Name? Shattered Storms.

Age?
(Please state your real age, if you can't, that is fine.)14

How long have you been in this group? I frankly don't know, though it's about a month.

On a scale of 1-10 what is your commitment to this fandom? I'm really too sure about that. I've not been online for a week at this group, but that's mostly because I don't understand if I have to ask for an RP or do I just jump in. 3.

Do you contribute anything to the fandom? If yes, please state what. Erm, no, sorry.
(Fanart, fanfiction, etc.)

EVERY episode? Of Seasons 1&2, yes, but not 3 yet. They haven't translated the show yet here, so I have to search for them online.... >.<
What would you say about your writing skills? They're fine, nothing special, nothing too bland. I have a lot of people to thank for that. But I fear it may be deteriorating due to the fact I have NOT had a proper conversation with any of my peers. (I live in a different country than I used to. Online chat isn't satisfying enough....)
(proper grammar, spelling, etc.)

Everyday, really.
A little. But I do know how to be a mod by watching the mods be mods....
Reason with the member. If he/she does not have the simple brains to listen to reason, ban him/her with the banhammer, of course.
Simple. I report him/her to GR. Although love and tolerance is the motto of bronies, there's a line where we can tolerant you. If you cross it, then it's your own fault for crossing it.
Why do you want this moderating position? Why do you deserve it?Uhm, no reason in particular. I think that by becoming a mod, I could possibly gain more maturity and responsibility, to traits I need the most.
Ehm, I wouldn't say that I deserve it....

How would you get more members to join and keep dead topics alive?I would try to move the topics that are truly dead to an "Archive" zone, and create a new topic. Hopefully, seeing (1 new comment) and a fresh topic would attract members.
For attracting new members, I would invite friends that are truly interested. I wouldn't want to place ads in other groups-- that's kind of rude, I think.

(Many members of Goodreads tend to live in the US, and since the show was made in the US, we would like to have the moderators be on during normal US hours. If you lived in Australia, for example, how would you handle time zones?)This would be a slight problem, as I'd have to be on 8 hours earlier than the other mods. It'd be tough, but it hasn't stopped me from being active.

How did you find the MLP fandom? And has it helped you in any way? Ha, funny thing is, I found it by receiving an invite a while ago. At the time, I didn't have an interest to MLP:FiM. Then later, I found the invite again, and I decided to give it a shot. I have to say, it has brightened my laugh. :D

Firestorm(Shattered Storms)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.