Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9)
This topic is about Winter's Heart
The Wheel of Time > WINTER'S HEART - Chapters 27 through 35 **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I meant to post this topic yesterday. I apologize for the delay.

I finished Winter's Heart a few days ago and was struck by the chaos and abruptness of the ending. I loved the gathering of all the Forsaken and the counterattacks of the defenders, but the end rushed up on me too quickly.

At least the male half of the Source is clean now. And Shadar Logoth will never harm anyone again.

Spoilers are allowed through the end of Chapter 35. Please mark anything that might spoil future events in the Wheel of Time series.

Merry Christmas!

Evilynn | 68 comments The very first time I read it I thought the end was really, really hurried, but upon this reread it actually felt better paced to me. I still think the books has serious pacing issues, but the end didn't seem 10 pages long (short?) this time around. I suppose it's possible I read too fast the first time around, trying to figure out what happens.

message 3: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Evilynn wrote: "The very first time I read it I thought the end was really, really hurried, but upon this reread it actually felt better paced to me. I still think the books has serious pacing issues, but the end ..."

I'm sure that's exactly what happened to me the first time I read Winter's Heart. In fact, I remember skipping around when reading it the first time. I didn't read it linearly. I think this is the book where I started reading one characters POV from cover-to-cover and then going back and picking up the next character's POV. Normally, I love the 'suspense' that gets generated by switching POVs, but I couldn't stand the slow pace that started creeping into the series at this stage.

Helen Wow, that would be an exciting way to read the book.