What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Jingle All The Way
This topic is about Jingle All The Way
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Christmas/Second Chance book [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments What I remember about this is that it was about a lady who was divorced and her kids had stopped talking to her and I think she was homeless. She was in the hospital and either was talking to another patient or one of the nurses and then she made a wish and she ended up in her younger self's body a few weeks after the miscarriage that turned her life upside down. She makes new decisions and puts her life back on track.

message 2: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments it's possible this in a multi-story book, but i'm not quite sure

message 3: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 76 comments It doesn't sound familiar to me, but a lot of second chance/Christmas books are written by Debbie Macomber. Could it be one of hers?

message 4: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments I'll look it up and see if it's one of hers. Thanks!

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Alma--if you find it, let us know please. I have a real weakness for any Christmas story, and think that I'd like to read this too.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Alma, are you still looking for this? Was it something by Debbie Macomber?

message 7: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments I am still looking. I was looking through all of the back of the book summaries of the Debbie Macomber books, but none of them matched up. I've been thinking that I might have rented it from my city library and have been weighing the merit of simply reading the backs of all the books in the relevant section.

message 8: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments I think I read it maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It looked like it was a few years old already.

message 9: by Serendi (new)

Serendi Here's a list of miscarriage-themed books: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance?_...

It might not help if it's a shorter work, but it's worth checking out.

message 10: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments Thanks! I will check it out.

message 11: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments Wow. It's been a while since I started this topic. I still haven't found it. I looked through that amazon list and it wasn't on there. A lot of those looked interesting though. I've started to think it might have been one of those that had two or three short novels in one book. I'm not giving up!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Alma, how many years does she go back in time?

Can you describe her ex-husband - personality, job, background, etc.?

message 13: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments She goes back at least ten or fifteen years to when her children were younger. I think her husband was an executive. I know it was an office job and I think he was having an affair. I also remember that for some reason when she went back in time she craved chocolate milk instead of alcohol.

message 14: by Alma (last edited Mar 12, 2015 08:08PM) (new)

Alma | 30 comments Finally Found it!It's called Maybe This Christmas and is part of a 4 in 1 book called Jingle all the way.

message 15: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments Am I supposed to put this as solved? How do I do that?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Took care of it. The single story is by Jane Blackwood; shelving the anthology.

message 17: by Alma (new)

Alma | 30 comments Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Debbie Macomber (other topics)