Maeve Binchy Fans discussion

A Week in Winter

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guin (new)

Guin | 3 comments Maeve's very last book was recently published and only currently available for purchase in the United Kingdom, I believe. Except my best friend went and ordered it for me from Amazon UK and gave it to me for Christmas. I had no idea that was an option! So...the last brand new Maeve Binchy book I will ever read is sitting on my counter. I am thrilled to have it, but when I open it, I will be so very sad.

Does anyone else have it? Already read it?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 1 comments It's not available for purchase is the US until 2/12/13. I can't wait to read her final novel. I'm sad as well since she was one of my all time favorite authors.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (cafegrrl) | 13 comments I bought it on Kobo and read it in November. (I'm in Canada) it's lovely, but I was sad to finish it, knowing its the last one. I tried to read it slowly and savour every word!

message 4: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments I tried to start it, but started crying, as it is the last new book of hers I will read. Am saving it until I am in Ireland next year.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (cafegrrl) | 13 comments Shelby wrote: "I tried to start it, but started crying, as it is the last new book of hers I will read. Am saving it until I am in Ireland next year."

How perfect! :)

message 6: by Zainab (new)

Zainab | 14 comments :) it is bittersweet. I am hoping to buy it over the summer and read it ... I love re reading her books ... Takes me to another world. Thanks for the posts :)

Susannahboudreaux | 1 comments Just had the privilege of reading this book....loved every page! Maeve Binchy was an amazing author and she will be dearly missed!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2 comments I have it sitting on my shelf. Haven't started it yet. I know that when I start it...it will have to end and I just am not ready to read the last of Maeve Binchy yet. I will miss her.

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Mahkovec (lindamahkovec) | 7 comments I read it several months ago and it rekindled my interest to read all of the Maeve Binchy books. I always come away form her books believing in the goodness of humanity and wanting more of the charm of life. True, it was sad reading her last book, but thank God she was prolific and we can always go back and reread her.
Agnes Irene