Les Miserables discussion

Other thingamabobbers > Les Mis Movie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shea (new)

Shea | 4 comments Have any of you seen the movie yet? I just saw it today but what are your opinions on it? Favorite moments, songs, etc. I personally loved it, at the end the whole entire theatre was crying. But anyways what are your thoughts on it?

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I loved it!

message 3: by Shea (new)

Shea | 4 comments Did you cry at the end because I sure did. Also I just loved the part when 'spolier alert': When looking at the bodies of the people who died at the baricades Javert put his medal thing on Gavoche, it was really sweet and it made my heart break. However the only thing I didn't like was the really weird, spontanous french accent from M. Thenardier but whatever, I'm not complaing.

message 4: by Shea (new)

Shea | 4 comments opps, sorry that's supposed to be Gavroche not Gavoche on the comment above, my bad

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid I sobbed so hard! Oh, that part with Javert? That was probably my absolute favorite part. Well, one of them. It made him so very human.

I think I cried the most when Cosette completely broke down into Marius's arms after Valjean died. It was heartbreaking.

But... it was all so well done. I'm definitely going to be buying it when it comes to DVD.

message 6: by Shea (new)

Shea | 4 comments I know, that was when I cried the most too. Can't wait to see it again.

message 7: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 86 comments I want to see it sooooo badly!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily (lovelyisapixie) | 8 comments I saw it yesterday! It was amazing!!! One of my favprite parts were all of Fontine's parts(Gotta love Anne Hathaway). The part where Eponine was dying in Marius' arms made me cry. I was just sobbing and bawling at the end. I also loved the scene Master of the House.

message 9: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Wasn't it amazing?!?!

Well, I should probably buckle down and write my long review/analysis. Seeing as how it's been my favorite musical for eight long years, I need to rave/rant about the long awaited movie.

It was fantastic. Utterly fantastic. It's very different than the stage version of the musical. This causes lack in certain aspects, while in other aspects it improves the story.
For instance, they managed to put scenes in the movie that were in the book, but not that musical. I adored that. Enjrolas's and Grantaire's deaths? It was marvelous and was straight from the book. I love how they managed to subtly put in Grantaire's cowardice, and yet how he put it aside and died with his hero- Enjrolas.
The scenery was fantastic, the costumes were great, and the actors were all very talented. Jackman, Crowe, Hathaway, Redmayne, Seifreid, Tveit, and Bark were all perfect in their roles. And, I admit, I was worried about that. Especially Anne Hathaway. In general, I don't like her acting, but she did well. Javert's Stars and his Suicide were obviously a highlight, seeing as how he is my favorite character. In any great work of literature, really. Oh, and Gavroche. He's awesome, as always. Though, I wish they'd kept the full version of "Little People."

However, I was annoyed with a few of the music selections. The carriage scene with Valjean and Cosette in which they added a new song was definitely useless. I would have cut that and kept the other verses of "Drink With Me." I loved the part in the musical where Grantaire gives his pessimistic and morbid speech: "Can it be you fear to die? Could it be your death means nothing at all? Is your life just one more lie?"

In the end, though, I was not disappointed. I'm definitely buying it when it comes to DVD and forcing everyone I know to sit down and watch it. Again and again.

message 10: by Heiko (new)

Heiko Sin | 5 comments Everybody in the cinema cried during the part where Gavroche died QAQ