Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

Level 3 - Super Sleuth > Yvonne H.'s Cozy Hideaway

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments I'm signing up for the Super Sleuth! I will record my 2013 cozies here as I go along!

message 2: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Crewel Yule Monica Ferris 1/4/13

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Cutwork Monica Ferris 1/11/13

message 4: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Thread on Arrival Amanda Lee 1/14/13

message 5: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Holiday Buzz Cleo Coyle 1/19/13

message 6: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Hanging by a Thread Monica Ferris 1/21/13

message 7: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Enbroidered Truths Monica Ferris 1/25/13

message 8: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments The Silence of the Llamas Anne Canadeo 1/27/13

Book is fantastic. Wish I could read one of her books every week.

message 9: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments You Better Knot Die Betty Hechtman 2/1/13

message 10: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Book, Line and Sinker Jenn McKinlay 2/2/13

message 11: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments When the Cookie Crumbles Virginia Lowell 2/5/13

message 12: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Powdered Peril Jessica Beck 2/9/13

message 13: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Sins and Needles Monica Ferris 2/17/13

message 14: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments A Holiday Yarn Sally Goldenbaum 2/20/13

message 15: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Behind the Seams Betty Hechtman 2/27/13

message 16: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Wined and Died Cricket McCrae 3/3/13

message 17: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Thai Die Monica Ferris 3/8/13

message 18: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Death on Tour Janice Hamrick 3/13/13

message 19: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments To Brie or not to Brie Avery Aames 3/26/13

message 20: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Arsenic and Old Cake Jacklyn Brady 4/3/13

message 21: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Bowled Over Victoria Hamilton 4/10/13

message 22: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Peril in Paperback Kate Carlisle 4/15/13

message 23: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments And Then You Dye Monica Ferris 4/17/13

message 24: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Panic Button Kylie Logan 4/20/13

message 25: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments A Killer Read Erika Chase 4/22/13

message 26: by C. (Never msg. Just comment! Email if private.) (last edited Apr 23, 2013 02:16PM) (new)

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) Hi! Rather then a finishing date, I'd enjoy at a glance "5/5" or how much you liked each. I own many of your choices (see the photo in my thread to see how long it takes me to read through my selection). Kate Carlisle, Erika Chase... I can't wait! :) Carolyn.

message 27: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Buried in a Book Lucy Arlington 4/24/13

message 28: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments C. wrote: "Hi! Rather then a finishing date, I'd enjoy at a glance "5/5" or how much you liked each. I own many of your choices (see the photo in my thread to see how long it takes me to read through my sel..."

Thank you for your suggestion. This particular book is the first in this series and I really liked it. Her job sounds like fun and I love the little town she islivingin. Hope you like it too

message 29: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Every Trick in the Book Lucy Arlington
I loved this book! It was even better than the first in the series. The fact that she reads for a living is fantastic and just when you think you know who "done it" comes the twist. Great book.

4/26/13

message 30: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Cat's Claw Susan Wittig Albert
Although this book was a little different from the normal China books I liked it. Sheila is an interesting character. She has a good husband so I think she could lower her angst about her marriage, but she is ok. I domiss China though.

4/29/13

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) I'm very familiar with the Beatrix Potter "Cottage Tales" and have only to finish the last two; likely for your 'series' theme. :) I've also collected her historical fiction as 'Robin Paige', wholly to be read.

On other notes, I have Lucy Arlington's first, as well as Avery Aames (entirely to be read) and Kate Carlisle. Kate's first grew on me halfway through and I LOVED her second, in Edinborough. I have the rest and look forward to them tremendously - all in good time.

message 32: by C. (Never msg. Just comment! Email if private.) (last edited Apr 29, 2013 05:57PM) (new)

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) I love her Beatrix Potter "Cottage Tales". Will finish the last two; likely for your 'series' theme. :) I collected her historical fiction as 'Robin Paige', wholly to be read.

I have Lucy Arlington's first and collected Avery Aames (entirely to be read). Kate Carlisle's first grew on me halfway through and I LOVED her second, in Edinborough. I have the rest and look forward to them tremendously - all in good time.

message 33: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments A Broth of Betrayal Connie Archer

The book was good and I like the story-line. The soup concept is a little more cozy with winter and the hot soup theme. Also the book dragged a little in the second half. All in all a good read

5/2/13

message 34: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Threadbare Monica Ferris

I really enjoyed this book--the blizzards, the train ride and of course the plot. The story-line kept you going to the end and with a little wrap-up it was over. No long endings. Very Good

message 35: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Revenge of the Crafty Corpse Lois Winston

This was a great book; a great story-line and unbelievable humor. Her incidental comments had me laughing out loud. A really good read.

5/5/13

message 36: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments The Wedding Shawl Sally Goldenbaum

A very enjoyable read. The mystery portion was as always well written and the wedding shawl was brought in throughout. The wedding was done very well and very romantically.

5/16/13

C.  (Never msg.  Just comment!  Email if private.) (riedel) Yvonne, what did you make of "A Killer Read"? I'm 82% done but dragging. It's a good story, cast, and my heart wants to support a Canadian. But Erika Chase used American terms (like "have got" instead of simply HAVE, or "colour" without a "U") and made her characters Americans of the deep south. And... nothing happening except a whole lot of daily errands.

message 38: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments C. wrote: "Yvonne, what did you make of "A Killer Read"? I'm 82% done but dragging. It's a good story, cast, and my heart wants to support a Canadian. But Erika Chase used American terms (like "have got" i..."

You are right it did drag a little but not so much I couldn't get through it

message 39: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments A Fatal Fleece Sally Goldenbaum

The book was good, but a little slow. Not a lot of action and much ging to coffee, lunch etc. An Ok read

5/30/13

message 40: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Going,Going,Ganache Jenn McKinlay

This book was really good. Fast moving and lots of humor. The characters we real and stayed in character. The cupcakes were an added bonus.

6/1/13

message 41: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments The Christie Curse Victoria Abbott

The Story-line and characters were good, but the at times it was slow-moving.

6/11/13

message 42: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Murder by Mocha Cleo Coyle

AN excellent book. Time in New York and time in the coffeehouse. A great combo.

6/15/13

message 43: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Murder On The Half Shelf Lorna Barrett

A very nice little mystery. Love that book store.

6/17/13

message 44: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments A Brew To Kill Cleo Coyle

Again an excellent book. I like the way Cleo keeps much of the story in the coffeehouse, and then takes us into various parts of the city for the action.

6/24/13

message 45: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments The Diva Frosts a Cupcake Krista Davis

Another Diva hit. The story line was good and kept going to the very end of the book. I love her times in her kitchen just making little meals and snacks. I would love some of these reciepes.

message 46: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Looming Murder Carol Ann Martin

If this book is any indication this will be an excellent series. I know nothing about weaving but that did not interfere with my enjoyment of the book at all.

message 47: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Thread and Buried Janet Bolin

Another enjoyable cozy

7/2/13

message 48: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Red Velvet Revenge Jenn McKinlay

Love the girls with their cupcakes at a rodeo. As ever Angie is at her best.

7/5/13

message 49: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Monument to the Dead Sheila Connolly

A very good story and an interesting insight into the world of museum trusts etc.

7/9/13

message 50: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne  | 198 comments Mayhem at the Orient Express Kylie Logan

I loved this book. New series with great characters and lots of humor. Love Bea and her witty comments. Action lasts to the end and even then you feel there are things to learn about Bea. Excellent.

7/12/13

« previous 1