The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

hunger games, good or bad

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley i don't get the point of this book. the author has kids killing other kids.what do you guys think of this book was it worth reading?

Jennifer O'gorman This whole series is VERY much worth reading - it's about a government ruling it's people through fear. The citizens start to realize this isn't the life they want, so they choose to do something about it. This is an amazing series, I am reading it for my third time.

message 3: by Junart (last edited Dec 26, 2012 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Junart Kim I've just read the book; for me it's worth it. :) The lessons that can be learned seem elusive in the first part, but I think they will be slowly exposed in the following two books.

Ashley but the story is sooooooo slow.

Mochaspresso I think it was worth reading. There is much more to it than kids killing kids. There is probably some commentary on our society hidden in there since the games are run and orchestrated by the government as a reality TV show that everyone watches.

Jennifer O'gorman What part of the book are you on?? I didn't think it was a slow story at all.

Astrid . The point of this book and basically every book is to make money. Anyone think the same?

Edgar Anna Poe This is my favorite saga of all. It has a very concrete scenario and a breath taking writing style.

Wendy Are you kidding me?? It's the most fast-paced book I ever read. Well, despite the beginning, like before the game.... But!! Once you are in the game, you can never lay your eyes off it, I promise you. The point of this book has something related to politics, about controlling by inhuman treatments, about love and life. It's extremely worth reading, so addicting!!

message 10: by Feliks (new)

Feliks what do you guys think of this book was it worth reading?"
Childish, trite, and insignificant. The latest fad book which people read because 'everyone else seems to be reading it too'. A way to pass the time for people welded to their Apple gadgets; something to do in-between Solitaire and Freecell; concocted on the same level of cogency as either of those two distractions.

Lilys Templeman I have to completely disagree. I loved these three books and I personally think it would be better to phrase it with slightly less harsh words considering the author has worked so hard on it whatever your opinion may be and also there are plently of us who thoroughly enjoyed it. Pls reply if you agree with me!

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah It's based off of a Greek Myth, and they're not just killing each other for fun

Selah I believe that the hunger games have a great storyline, and they are definitely worth reading! I don't know what book you are on, or if you have even finished the series, but it is definitely worth finishing up! I don't believe it is slow, it really picks up throughout the series.

message 14: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger the first one was good... 2nd and 3rd= crap. sorry hunger game fanatics...but there are betters series out there.

message 15: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger the first one was good... 2nd and 3rd= crap. sorry hunger game fanatics...but there are betters series out there.

Kirstyn Yes, it is good. The part before the game may be a bit slow but once it gets to the game it's very fast paced, the sequels are more fast paced throughout.

message 17: by lora (new) - rated it 5 stars

lora baccus Oh man. Amazing series. I couldn't rush into another read after I finished them for fear that my next read wouldn't measure up. :) I'm ALWAYS looking for a good series.

message 18: by lora (new) - rated it 5 stars

lora baccus I was somewhat disappointed with the movie. Hope the next two are better. Hopefully new director. I do not like the shaky camera stuff.