What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Vixen (V, #3)
This topic is about Vixen
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance Novel 32 Year old Guardian in love with 17 Year old ward who is being reeled into a sex cult. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whyteoleander (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:23PM) (new) - added it

Whyteoleander | 1 comments The plot:

A 17 Year old girl fresh out of school is put in the guardianship of a 32 year old man. She is an orphan and he was her mother's friend. He is not interested in her as she reminds him too much of her mother. He is mostly drunk and a recluse. She seems to have a lot of rich well wishers seemingly acquaintances of her late mother. One of them even gifts her a horse. She is innocent and is slowly being reeled into a secret society with cruel intentions. The guardian cannot resist her charms and tries to fight her attraction but gives in. In the end he rescues her from the villains and decides to marry her. The setting is London i think. Either in 1800s or 1900s.

I read the book back in 2002. So it was published before that. The plot is so embedded in my mind though I cannot remember the names, author or title or even the publisher. Please help !

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments There is a Goodreads list with Guardians / Wards - maybe your book is on it?

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/88...

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 763 comments Was she French? I thought of 'Purity's Passion' by Janette Seymour.
If this is it, I think there's 2 or 3 more books in the series. Her Guardian's name was Mark.
Real bodice-ripper.

message 4: by s (last edited Aug 08, 2013 01:07PM) (new)

s (swlikesbooks) | 8 comments oh! i know this!

The book is one of my favorites, Vixen, by Jane Feather. :D

the description in the blurb there isn't the best, but read some of the reviews and it's in there.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Whyteoleander, was your book anything mentioned above?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
After reading the reviews I agree this is "Vixen." Moving to Solved.