David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Iced (Fever, #6)
This topic is about Iced
Archive's > Fever/Iced

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
I haven't read it but a lot of you have! Discuss!!

Rebekah (rebekahc) BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS.... Ahem, I mean yeah it's a good series :P

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I own Iced, but haven't read it yet. I am strange that way, I am so looking forward to this book, but it just stands there on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up.

Rebekah (rebekahc) Lolita wrote: "I own Iced, but haven't read it yet. I am strange that way, I am so looking forward to this book, but it just stands there on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up."

It's a bit of a rollercoaster :) The writing is just beautiful!

Rebecka | 115 comments Rebekah wrote: "BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS.... Ahem, I mean yeah it's a good series :P"

Lol, I completely agree :)

Rebekah (rebekahc) Rebecka wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS BARRONS.... Ahem, I mean yeah it's a good series :P"

Lol, I completely agree :)"

What did you make of (view spoiler)

Rebecka | 115 comments I don't like it. Im not really sure why... I know a lot of people had issues with (view spoiler)and in a post-apocalyptic world I think society's rules would become completely different anyway, right? Anyway. I also wonder what's behind Dancer, you know there's gonna be a huge surprise with him later.

Rebekah (rebekahc) Rebecka wrote: "I don't like it. Im not really sure why... I know a lot of people had issues with [spoilers removed]and in a post-apocalyptic world I think society's rules would become completely different anyway..."

I know what you mean! It was just weird to see (view spoiler)
I've seen a bit of speculation about it and the Rhymer has been mentioned by some fans!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I love Fever... I'm reading Iced right now

Rebekah (rebekahc) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I love Fever... I'm reading Iced right now"

How far along are you? I desperately want to read it again, too many reviews to do though :(

Rebecka | 115 comments Rebekah wrote: "Rebecka wrote: "I don't like it. Im not really sure why... I know a lot of people had issues with [spoilers removed]and in a post-apocalyptic world I think society's rules would become completely ..."
I didn't really see him acting like he cared so much as maybe just trying to spite Dani... like when he said "she's important" but not that she was important to him... things like that. It's just someone to distract him from who he really likes.
I don't think I've heard anything about a Rhymer.?

Rebekah (rebekahc) I see what you mean, yeah. KMM sure knows how to make people analyse everything haha!
In the Fever series, Barrons made a few comments about someone called the Rhymer that was different from everyone else. I'm kind of swaying towards that because Barrons and Dancer are never around at the same time.... :S

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) I love, love, love the Fever series but haven't read Iced yet. Is it YA? The rest of the Fever series is FAR from YA.

Rebecka | 115 comments She says it's borderline, but I wouldn't label it as YA. It's not quite as adult as the rest of the Fever series but I expect it to get there before these are over.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I'm only about 150 pages in.

message 16: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments I just got this as an audio...didn't realize it was part of a series. Can I start here, or do I need to read the others first?

Rebekah (rebekahc) Iced is pretty much a spin off from the Fever series but I think that you can read it on its own. I'd highly recommend going through the Fever books first though because that sets up the world and you get a feel for some of the characters in Iced. :)

message 18: by Allison (new)

Allison (aquabel) | 6 comments I just finished the Fever series a couple days ago and loved it!
I haven't got Iced yet, but will soon. Am looking forward to it. Hope I like it as much, or close to as much, as the Fever series.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments The Fever series rocks! I am skipping Iced though because I have not heard good things. I will leave Barron and Mac where they were left in book 5 :)

message 20: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments Iced was my first venture into this world and it wasn't bad. I now agree that doing the Fever series first would have been helpful, but it wasn't to hard to put a lot of things together. I am curious for the next book now.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments Anne wrote: "Iced was my first venture into this world and it wasn't bad. I now agree that doing the Fever series first would have been helpful, but it wasn't to hard to put a lot of things together. I am curio..."

Well again I skipped Iced but I highly recommend the Fever series. You should give it a try.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments p.s. not sure if there are any audiobook lovers here but this series is good on audiobook.

message 23: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments Heidi (up to no good) wrote: "p.s. not sure if there are any audiobook lovers here but this series is good on audiobook."

I did Iced as an audiobook...may have to try the fever series soon, based on everyone's recommendations.

Simone | 67 comments Ok for the dumb people (raises hand and notices no one joins-well that sucks) who is the author please? Thanks!

message 26: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I just finished Iced yesterday and I loved it. here is my review: http://lolabookreviews.blogspot.com/2...

I am really wondering (view spoiler)

message 27: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Heidi (eternal optimist, well maybe not eternal) wrote: "The Fever series rocks! I am skipping Iced though because I have not heard good things. I will leave Barron and Mac where they were left in book 5 :)"

I also heard a few bad things about Iced before I started it, but I ended up loving it. I think it is always better to read it and make up your own opinion. I was really hesitant to start it because of what I heard, but it is just as good as the first 5 Fever books.

message 28: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Feb 06, 2013 09:07AM) (new) - added it

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 2372 comments Well I am not normally swayed too much by others Lolita but I am fairly picky and other GR friends who are a lot nicer and less picky than me told me to skip it. If any of my pickier GR friends love it I will def. reconsider though :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Iced (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Marie Moning (other topics)