Love Inspired Books discussion

How was your Christmas?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
For some, I know the celebration isn't over. Happy Boxing Day to those of you who celebrate that.

Did Santa leave any books under your tree?

Dream
(who got no books, but did get a KitchenAid mixer, so I've been playing with that instead of reading.)

message 2: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments WOW! Congrats on the mixer! You'll love it!

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina | 39 comments I got a box of books from my sister again this year for christmas, love them,

message 4: by Love Inspired (new)

Camy, I'm having a ton of fun with it. I need to find new recipes to make so I can keep using it. The kids are loving the homemade whipped cream.

Nina, that's awesome! What books did you get??

Dream

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina | 39 comments 3 by Lynn Kurland, never heard of her, but am reading one now and like it. two love inspired Listen to your heart and loving constance, one called The Moon Witch, also Crave the moon, Snowbound in the earl's castle, Hush bu Nancy Bush, Beloved Stranger by Patricia Potter, Virgin River by robyn carr, Witch craft by Jayne Krentz, and Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas,
All sound so good, had a hard time trying to decide which I wanted to read firt, so I started on one by Lynn Kurland, then also started the one just before the one I am reading, lol,

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I got one I used christmas money to buy. its an Aussie book by Amanda Deed.

Thursday friends came to visit and we had a Christmas got a lovely elements angel. still typing one handed wich is so restrictive. But least the wrist is not as painful with the splint on. without its still really sore.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Well, no books this time. :( but I got biggest gift was Samsung Tablet Galaxy 2 .

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments I had a cold and sore throat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day..so I enjoyed a church service on TV on Christmas Eve, and the Parade on TV on Christmas Day.

Even though I couldnt be with family on Christmas, I still enjoyed the true spirit of Christmas at home with my Son.

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) Had a great Christmas but no books but I did get gift cards so I can buy them. Getting together tonight with our kids and grand kids....

message 10: by Lynsay (new)

Lynsay | 14 comments Had a good Christmas, except the part with me being sick. Got one book, but got 2 gift cards to B&N so, I'll be buying more.

Yay, for the KitchenAid mixer. KitchenAid is the best.

message 11: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments Hubby just bought me my belated Xmas present, a square ottoman footrest! Now I'll have a nice footrest while I write in my little writing corner. Before I was using a plastic storage bin covered by a pillow. :)

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 33 comments My Christmas was quiet. We celebrated Christmas on the 23rd with two of our children and 5 grandchildren and then celebrated with my parents on Christmas Eve. My husband was ill so we had to leave. Christmas night we celebrated with husband's son and his wife and we will celebrate Christmas with my youngest son next Sunday. Christmas is never really over in our house. Two of my favorite gifts were the beautiful cross quilt my daughter-in-law made for me and the gorgeous new electric stove my step-son and his wife gave me.

message 13: by Love Inspired (new)

aw, it sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas!

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose Nina wrote: "3 by Lynn Kurland, never heard of her, but am reading one now and like it. two love inspired Listen to your heart and loving constance, one called The Moon Witch, also Crave the moon, Snowbound in ..."
I've read the Lisa Kleypas book and really enjoyed it. Though you don't have to the prequel to that series is called Christmas in Friday Harbor I believe. And it is really good and let's you meet some of the characters.

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose We had a great Christmas. It was my baby girl's first one and it was a white one. Yay! And I received books and Lifeway giftcards, which I've already used to get a bag full of books. I got two Colleen Coble books, The Girl's Still Got It by Liz Curtis Higgs, and a Nancy Drew Mystery under the Christmas tree. And my baby got one of the LadyBug Girl books.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments Camy wrote: "Hubby just bought me my belated Xmas present, a square ottoman footrest! Now I'll have a nice footrest while I write in my little writing corner. Before I was using a plastic storage bin covered by..."

Thats a great present Camy!

message 17: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments Melissa wrote: "Thats a great present Camy! "

Thanks! I have to give my hubby props for this one. :)

message 18: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments Rose wrote: "I got two Colleen Coble books, The Girl's Still Got It by Liz Curtis Higgs, and a Nancy Drew Mystery under the Christmas tree. And my baby got one of the LadyBug Girl books. "

I haven't read a Nancy Drew Mystery in the longest time! Now I'm hankering to read one again!

message 19: by Nina (new)

Nina | 39 comments Hi Rose,
I've added Christmas in Friday Harbor to by reading list, and I had better live to pass 100 if I want to read all that is on that list, and in my library!!

message 20: by Jean (new)

Jean Gordon (goodreadscomjeancgordon) | 20 comments I'm reading one by Lynn Kurland that I picked up free for my Kindle, the Golden Leopard.

Nina wrote: "3 by Lynn Kurland, never heard of her, but am reading one now and like it. two love inspired Listen to your heart and loving constance, one called The Moon Witch, also Crave the moon, Snowbound in ..."