Goodreads Feedback discussion

Unsolicited Praise > A big hand for Otis & Crew!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12269 comments Mod
Lots of great upgrades in the past few days, plus several bug fixes.

Hip, hip, hooray! :D

Thanks, guys. :)

message 2: by John (new)

John | 51 comments I'm pleased as punch to piggyback here - y'all have made this a really, really neat-o site!!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Yes, I really appreciate all the effort & responsiveness. I've been without power all day due to storms. After I (turned on some lights &) caught up with the important emails, came to Goodreads next. Addicted! Thank goodness I have a good booklight. ;-)

message 4: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Thanks everyone!

message 5: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 517 comments I like the gray shade that appears when combining editions now. Sure is easier on my eyes!

Thank you!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments I really appreciate the release notes thread!:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g...

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelas_library) | 4 comments This is such a great site - thanks so much for all your hard work!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Thank you for the extra book information when we do book searches that we can see before we get into the books' pages:

avg rating 4.21 — 10718 ratings — published 1962

when A Wrinkle in Time is typed for a book search.

Very helpful!

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (Terrie) | 15 comments I have to tell you this . Since I got information from friend in other site has mentioned about this site. I went in there, thought that is so neat. I went sign up last month.
This is best bookreader's site I ever seen. it help me to get back on track what I have read or not. I was very happy with the laid out you guys did ..

I have invited some authors from myspace to join this site. I got two so far. I am glad they enjoy as I do .

Keep up a good work .

message 10: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Pictures on the "X is now friends with Y" -- very nice!

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Pictures on the "X is now friends with Y" -- very nice!

Yes, I am enjoying that. Wasn't sure what Rivka meant until I just saw it on my update feed. Thanks GR.

message 12: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

It looked so boring before :)

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments I just signed in a see a "add to top friends" for all my friends; the checkmarks are there by default. I know that a lot of members wanted a top friends choice.

Otis, or anybody, I'm assuming the checkmarks checked means those are "top friends," but could you please tell us the difference between "top" friends and those who aren't? Thanks!

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Ah, and the recommend it for each book is now so easy to find!!!!

So many improvements! Thank you.

message 15: by Tim (last edited Mar 27, 2008 09:46AM) (new)

Tim | 93 comments Hiya Lisa, keep the tick in those friends of whom you wish to see their news feed. In the home page there is an option to only see the feeds of those who are 'top friends'. Handy for people with a big friend list i would guess as they could untick many people they dont wish to get feeds from.

edit: the only thing i would suggest is if there is away to retain the setting there it would be handy.. ie when i choose "top friends" feed.. and then navigate away.. when i next come back to my home page it defaults back to all 'friends'.

message 16: by Tim (last edited Mar 27, 2008 09:48AM) (new)

Tim | 93 comments lol Otis Otis.. sneaking in code for requests and not telling us.. ;)

*just spotted the "challenge question" for new friends request in the account section* hehe

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Tim, Thanks for your very prompt response. I thought that's what it might be but I wasn't sure.

I've kept my friends list to an almost manageable number because I enjoy reading all of the updates, but some days my friends updates number over 400 so I might have to use this feature at some point.

message 18: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Sorry for sneaking it in :)

Announcements are here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Stupendous
just adding to the original topic
it's great that you gr overlords are sooooo adaptable and responsive

and i don't have to pay you anything

my god this is like the best cult ever !!

message 20: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 517 comments I'm finding all kinds of neat new features.

Well done to you all and thank you!

message 21: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 81 comments Tim, You have to save the settings on each page in order for your changes to take effect.

message 22: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Melody, that's not what he's talking about, I think.

Go to your home page, and it defaults to the all-friends view. Choose "top friends" and it changes; but go elsewhere and then back to home, and you're back to the default all-friends view.

I'd like to have it "stick" too, please.

message 23: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Sticking should launch tomorrow!

message 24: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Hooray for sticking! And easily being able to see what threads have new posts! And the "newest" link! :D

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments The fairly new "unread" posts feature is saving me so much time. Thanks so much. I love it! More time now to play the trivia quiz, and maybe even do some more reading. ;-)

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Ooh. Just noticed the "books" choice for home page updates. Great option.

All of the many new features are wonderful..