YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archive > January's Winter White Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 393 (393 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Greta (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:15AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments The Winter White Color Challenge

Hi Everyone!

We are welcoming back our monthly color challenge series! This month we are reading books with covers that are more than 40% white. Please ask us if you are unsure if a book qualifies.

Rules and Guidelines:
-Respond to this thread that you are participating
-Using the GR Challenge tool, create a Winter White Challenge shelf. You can add as many books as you want on your goal box.
-Only books started, finished, and reviewed in January will count towards this challenge. Sorry, no re-reads on this one :(
-Post your reviews on this thread! We reserve the right to ask you to add details to a review that is too vague. We really do love reading what everyone writes :)
If you read a white book as a Buddy Read, it will count twice!! Just help us with scoring by indicating when you post your review that it was also a buddy read.

Even reading one book will get you a chance to win!
There will be two winners for this challenge.
>>The first winner will be the person with the most overall books read. He or she will receive 2 ebooks! .
>>A second winner will be chosen at random from all the participants. He/she will receive 1 ebook

Check out our awesome prize list here:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Remember, you have to be in it to win it!

Happy Reading!!
♥ Your Mods

message 2: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments I'M IN!!! Now I need to find some white books. I wonder if any the the books I have checked out from the library are. Expect a long post from me soon.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara White does not look like a popular color but I will try to throw in a few:D

message 4: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yay!!
I think if we look around, we can find some winter white books :)
If you have any suggestions, Sara, definitely post them on the thread. :)

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Guardian (The Guardians, #1) by Katie Klein Vendetta (The Guardians, #2) by Katie Klein Revelation (The Guardians, #3) by Katie Klein Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine A Weekend with Mr. Darcy (Austen Addicts #1) by Victoria Connelly Destined by Jessie Harrell Becoming Edward by Faye Meredith Forever Dark (Starfire Angels Dark Angel Chronicles #4) by Melanie Nilles Awkward by Marni Bates Sempre by J.M. Darhower These are some I own, and they might not be the first book in a series since they are mine.

message 6: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Awesome! I will have to look through my TBR list and see what I've got !

message 7: by Novel (new)

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela | 536 comments I'm in! :D

message 9: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta should count, but Jona will tell me yes or no ;)

message 10: by Alley (last edited Dec 26, 2012 09:50AM) (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Will these count?

Claws by Mike Grinti A Diamond In My Pocket (The Unaltered #1) by Lorena Angell The Color of Night by Jack Thomas Gravity (Gravity, #1) by Abigail Boyd Heiress The Master of Monsters by E.E. Blake Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1) by Kaitlyn Davis Death Whispers (Death, #1) by Tamara Rose Blodgett Tempest (Destroyers #1) by Holly Hook Stained (Stained, #1) by Ella James Shadeland (The Ethereal Crossings, #1) by D.L. Miles The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1) by Jonathan Maberry The Childe (The Childe, #1) by C.A. Kunz

For others looking for books, a great deal of these were free on smashwords and still are. All but Claws, The Golden Compass, Ignite, and Patient Zero.

message 11: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 10:02AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Alley, I think they all count, except for A Diamond In My Pocket (The Unaltered #1) by Lorena Angell . I'll have to ask Jona about that one.

message 12: by Jalyn (last edited Dec 26, 2012 10:14AM) (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I'm in :)

Do Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Looking for Alaska by John Green Ripper by Stefan Petrucha Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter count?

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments I will try this one, too. I'll have to peruse my books and see which ones might fit.

I like the random winners because it gives everyone, even the slower readers, a chance to win. :o) Great idea, mods!

message 14: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Vicki wrote: "I will try this one, too. I'll have to peruse my books and see which ones might fit.

I like the random winners because it gives everyone, even the slower readers, a chance to win. :o) Great idea,..."

I like it this way too. Hopefully it'll get some more members involved :)

message 15: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments yes! We're really hoping that people find some challenge this month that they want to participate in :)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments I've missed being on GR as much lately! I hope to be able to re-involve myself.

message 17: by Morgan (last edited Dec 26, 2012 11:14AM) (new)

Morgan Do these count Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys A Dog's Journey by W. Bruce Cameron Skinny by Donna Cooner Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu Starters (Starters and Enders, #1) by Lissa Price The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa

message 18: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Greta wrote: "Alley, I think they all count, except for A Diamond In My Pocket (The Unaltered #1) by Lorena Angell. I'll have to ask Jona about that one."

Thanks.

message 19: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Morgan, I'd say all of those count except Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu that one looks lavender to me.

message 20: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Vicki, so happy you're back! Hope you had a great holiday!

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments Thank you, Greta! Nice to be back and (hopefully) active again! :)

message 22: by Juls (new)

Juls (juls1980) | 287 comments will have to get back to you all about this challenge. i've gotta take a look at my TBR list first :D

message 23: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Anyone who hasn't read Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi could read it for is challenge. It's a good read :)

message 24: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Greta, I might order Shatter Me. I've wanted to read that for a while and I've heard some good things about it.

Also, could you check out the books I posted in message #12 and let me know if they count? Thank you! :D

message 25: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I got Shatter Me from the library. Maybe you can get it there.

As for the books, I would say yes to all of them except maybe Looking for Alaska. We'll have to ask Jona for a second opinion on that one. :)

message 26: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments These are some of the books under my to read shelves : Shiver , Beautiful Disaster, Chasing Harry Winston,
Crossed :D

message 27: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Billie, I think all of those would work. Beautiful Disaster is really good :)

message 28: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I would recommend to anyone who hasn't read them, The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han and The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay ? They would both work with this challenge and they are great reads!

message 29: by Mishma (last edited Dec 26, 2012 07:06PM) (new)

Mishma Nixon I am in.Even though I don't think I can read much next year.

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela | 549 comments Im so in!

message 31: by Kinsey (last edited Dec 26, 2012 10:03PM) (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments In! Can't wait to start

Edit:
Can anyone take a look at my bookshelf for this and tell me if it's good?
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 32: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) I'm in.

message 33: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Sara wrote: "Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie StiefvaterThe Guardian (The Guardians, #1) by Katie KleinVendetta (The Guardians, #2) by Katie KleinRevelation (The Guardians, #3) by Katie KleinSophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine[bookcover:A Weekend with Mr. Darcy|974820..."

Wow,looks like someone's already prepared.

message 34: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments I'm In!!! white books, here I come!!!!

message 35: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Mishma, even if you don't read a lot this month, you could still win :)

Hi Angela, Pragua, and Samia :)

message 36: by Samia (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments can I add On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta , Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti and A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson ?? are these ok?

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara Mishma wrote: "Sara wrote: "Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie StiefvaterThe Guardian (The Guardians, #1) by Katie KleinVendetta (The Guardians, #2) by Katie KleinRevelation (The Guardians, #3) by Katie KleinSophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine[bookcover:A Weekend with Mr...."

I was just putting down samples for everyone. I have a few challenges I am doing, so I will be lucky to finish one white book.

message 38: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Samia wrote: "can I add On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti and A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson?? are these ok?"

Yes. All good :)

message 39: by Samia (last edited Dec 27, 2012 08:49AM) (new)

Samia Ruponti (snoebell92) | 451 comments Greta wrote: "Samia wrote: "can I add On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti and A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson?? are these ok?"

Yes. All good :)"

yay!! then thank god I didn't start jellicoe road!

message 40: by Greta (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:22AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments People! A lot of you did Buddy Reads this month! If you finished even one buddy read, then you still have a couple of days to enter the Buddy Read All You Can Challenge. Some winners will be by raffle. Just enter using the GR tool on the main page, write your review and post it on the challenge thread:)

message 41: by Juls (last edited Dec 27, 2012 01:46PM) (new)

Juls (juls1980) | 287 comments will these work for this challenge?

Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2) by Tarryn Fisher and Mile High (Up In The Air, #2) by R.K. Lilley

message 42: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon These count right?
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5) by Julie Kagawa Hopeless by Colleen Hoover The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

message 43: by Paulyn (new)

Paulyn (filipina_reader) ok i'm going to join :)

message 44: by Jonababez (last edited Dec 28, 2012 06:45AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Juls wrote: "will these work for this challenge?

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2) by Tarryn Fisher and Mile High (Up In The Air, #2) by R.K. Lilley"

Yes to Dirty Red. ;)
I check the other cover of it and it's white.

message 45: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Mishma wrote: "These count right?
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie KagawaThe Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie KagawaSummer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5) by Julie Kagawa[..."

Yes to all except for Summer's Crossing. :)

message 46: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Why?Doesn't extras count?

message 47: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yay! Welcome Paulyn!

message 48: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Anyone want to read Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol with me for this challenge? I can make the thread for January 1st?

message 49: by Greta (last edited Dec 28, 2012 06:44AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Mishma, Extras count. I think it's just not white enough. Right, Jona?

message 50: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Mishma wrote: "Why?Doesn't extras count?"

Sorry, Summer's Crossing is not white enough. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.