The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Rapid Readers S.H > R2: Rapid Readers Scavenger Hunt- Sign-ups, Rules & Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 743 (743 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) General Rules and Info

This challenge will be a twist of the TLC team Scavenger Hunt.

* Each week 10 items will be posted. The items will be picked by a different player each week. The items will only be good for 1 week. You will have until Midnight the following Monday to claim your items read.

* To claim an item you must find the item in a book you are reading that week. You can have already started the book, but the item must be in the pages you read after the item was called and you must finish the book to be able to claim the item.
You can find all your items in 1 book or in 10 different books, or any combination in between.

* Players will get 1 point per item they claim in the allotted time frame. Points will accumulate through the challenge and the player with the most points at the end of the challenge will be announced the winner.

* The challenge will start January 7th and will run through April 1st.

* The items are going to be picked by the players, submitted to Dawn and will be posted Monday Mornings (Colorado time)

* You can read any format or length of book. Dead tree versions, ebook, audio, novel, novella, or anime. You must find the item in the writing though not in pictures if you go that route. However, the book must be listed on GoodReads. Re-reads are ok, but you can only claim the book for one week’s items.

* You must provide a link to the book, the date you read it, a 1-5 star rating, the location & the sentence you found the item in. This may be harder to do with audio books but it’s not impossible. If you don’t provide all those items you will not get the point.

* You can claim points all at once for the week, or after each book you finish, but points not claimed by midnight the following Monday will be forfiet.

*Each week a different player will pick the items. Please start thinking of some items now. You can use items from other GR Scavenger Hunts if you like, but the item can only be used once for this challenge. So if someone posts an item you had chosen before your week to post you will need to come up with another item.

Items can be as hard or as easy as you like, but they should be things that can be found in multiple books, and genres. The one ring to rule them all for example is only going to be mentioned in J. R. R. Tolkien’s books, but you could use just “ring “to include several genres. If you wanted to make it harder use “diamond ring” to exclude bells or ears ringing. I suggest using a few easy and a few hard when it is your turn to post.

message 2: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 14, 2013 08:24AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) .
Participants:
Pat
Ashley
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
~Melissa~
Chaitra
❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥
~♥ Kat ♥~
Camilla
CaroB
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Laura
Amanda A
ShoSho
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
Paris
Megan
Melanie
Jennifer
Jenne
Sue
Amy~Lover of Books~
Sam

13 Pickers

13 Pickers
1.ShoSho (Jan 7th)
2.Jennifer (Jan 14th)
3.❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ (Jan 21st)
4.Camilla (Jan 28th)
5.Pat (Feb 4th)
6.Ashley (Feb 11th)
7.Jenne (Feb 18th)
8.Melanie (Feb 25th)
9.Alana ~ The Book Pimp (March 4th)
10.Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (March 11th)
11.Laura (March 18th)
12.CaroB (March 25th)
13.Megan (April 1st)

message 3: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jan 06, 2013 05:42PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Links:

Spreadsheet

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ...

message 5: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments I'm in and I wanna post

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I am in and I don't mind posting again if you don't have enough people.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1222 comments I'm in would like to try to post

message 8: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1690 comments I'll try again...maybe I'll do better the second time around,lol - the holidays and RL got in the way. I'd prefer to not post a list

message 9: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) I'm in again, and I don't want to post a list as it's too much of a temptation to pick things I know I'll find. :)

message 10: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3564 comments Mod
I'm in

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:52AM) (new)

I'll try this again....Work, Holidays and Real life took it's toll in the last round and I'd prefer to not post a list, Thanks

message 12: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (cyqua) Yeah! Round 2! :) I'm totally in! :) And am happy to pick again :)

message 13: by Lina (new)

Lina Count me in, and I'll be happy to try posting this time!

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 335 comments im in too

message 15: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 516 comments I'd like to give this a try. I do not want to post a list.

message 16: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) I'm in

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Can I play too, and I'll be happy to pick items, too

message 18: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) I'm in. I'll let someone else post a list this time. Thanks Dawn!!

message 19: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H I'm definitely in and would love to be a picker again (I have so many new items running around in my head) :)

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 363 comments I'd love to play and would love to pick items.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Sign me up! I'd like to choose items, too, if there is still a spot available! :)

message 22: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) While this session will only last 13 weeks, I will take more pickers. I will randomize the names on the 31st, so the first picker will have a week to plan.

So even if you are willing to pick you may not get a chance this round if there are too many pickers willing.

message 23: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) I'm in and wouldn't mind picking items :)

message 24: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris I would like to try but i would rather not post....

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments I would like to play this round, but I don't want to pick items.

message 26: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Any one can still sign up, you just won't be a picker. You can also join in at any time, just to play.

Here are the list of pickers. If you need help coming up with items let me know. I would like your list pm'd to me and I will post it Monday morning MST.

13 Pickers
1.ShoSho (Jan 7th)
2.Jennifer (Jan 14th)
3.❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ (Jan 21st)
4.Camilla (Jan 28th)
5.Pat (Feb 4th)
6.Ashley (Feb 11th)
7.Jenne (Feb 18th)
8.Melanie (Feb 25th)
9.Alana ~ The Book Pimp (March 4th)
10.Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (March 11th)
11.Laura (March 18th)
12.CaroB (March 25th)
13.Megan (April 1st)

message 27: by ShoSho (last edited Jan 01, 2013 01:16PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) How did I get to be a picker?
I saw this a few hours ago and had time to think about it. For me if the items are easy I get disappointed so I'm not going to make an easy to find list.

*Evil laughter echoes through GR *

message 28: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Not fair. I want to be picker too. How come I didn't even see this one until today?
Seems like this was on the hush hush ( me thinks I smell a conspiracy, a C-O-N-spiracy)

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam (theliteraryhooker) I'm in! I don't know how successful I'll be since I'm only averaging about a book a week, but I'll give it a shot :)

message 30: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ShoSho, you got to be a picker by default, you didn't specify you didn't want to.

Ezinwanyi, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't....

message 31: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "
Ezinwanyi, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't...."

I knew it!

message 32: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "ShoSho, you got to be a picker by default, you didn't specify you didn't want to.

don't believe it, its because of the near riot aabout the texas theme

message 33: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Pat wrote: "Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "ShoSho, you got to be a picker by default, you didn't specify you didn't want to.

don't believe it, its because of the near..."

I see. Thank you for enlightening me Pat. I will store this information for future use...
MUHAHAHAHAHA!

message 34: by Alley (new)

Alley (alleycatfish) I'd like to join in. Missed it the first round. Do not want to be a picker though.

message 35: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 0 comments I want to play! :)

message 36: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) First items will be announced tomorrow!

message 37: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments ShoSho--make your items really hard, okay?
MUHAHAHAHAHA!

message 38: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) I think I did, I searched the last 4 books that I read and only found 3 of them :D

message 39: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Oh I think the items for this round are going to be much harder than last round.

message 40: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) The link to the spread sheet is the same as last round it can be found here.

message 41: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) ShoSho wrote: "I think I did, I searched the last 4 books that I read and only found 3 of them :D"

Challenge? accepted! hahahaha. ;o)

But realistically, I'm stuck with a number of books that I haven't even started that are due in the library, and if the words aren't in those books I'm probably not going to go out of my way to find them... I think... Maybe...

message 42: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) Chaitra wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I think I did, I searched the last 4 books that I read and only found 3 of them :D"

But realistically, I'm stuck with a number of books that I ha..."

I'm pretty sure no matter the items you'll win. I only meant it's hard for the rest of us:D

message 43: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) ShoSho, you're more confident than I am! :D I have no problems not winning, but my OCD demands that I do find all the items. lol.

message 44: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Chaitra wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I think I did, I searched the last 4 books that I read and only found 3 of them :D"

But realistically, I'm stuck with a number of books that I ha..."

Sure...you won't go out of your way. Yeah, okay. Wink-wink.

(**I hope she didn't think we fell for the Okey-Doke)

message 45: by Lina (new)

Lina Woohoo! I'm keen to get started. I'm hoping for better luck this time than I had last round :-)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1222 comments Good Luck Everyone!

message 47: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris Does anyone know about when these will be posted?

message 48: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Normally it would have been an hour a go Sue. School hasn't started up yet so I didn't have an alarm set this morning. Since I stayed up until 1 am reading I slept in a bit today, but the list is posted now.

message 49: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris No problem. Thank you !!!!

message 50: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments is that waffle food or waffle indecision?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15