She-Geeks discussion

Gaming > What's Your Favorite Video Game?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments I have heard excellent things about the Persona games, but have never played them! Might hunt for my ps2 in the loft and get it, as I love RPGs!

My fav games are Dragon Age (I've only played the first one), Morrowind, Ape Escape, Blue Dragon, Fallout 3 and the Harvest Moon series!

message 2: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
I've had one of the original xboxs for years and I'm most addicted to Knights of the Old Republic, Halo and Burnout Revenge.

I finally got an Xbox 360 yesterday (my girlfriend rocks) and so far I've only played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Dead Rising 2 and I love them both so much. I can see many hours of happy gaming to follow. Yet to play that I got yesterday are; Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Bioshock 2, Deus Ex and Red Dead Redemption: Undead Rising.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Nice! Undead Rising is dead fun! hur hur

Enjoy your new Xbox!

message 4: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

I will thanks :) I get myself killed too easily in Dead Rising because I don't stop killing them long enough to look at my health!

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments Final Fantasy is my all time favorite video game series, starting at VII. Other games I quite enjoy are the Jak & Daxter games, the Spyro trilogy for the PS1, Twisted Metal, Burnout Paradise, and Skyrim.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) ^Ah, I loved the Spyro games growing up!
--

My favorite series would probably have to be Soul Calibur. The fourth one is my favorite.

I do love other games like, Left 4 Dead series, Dead Island, Dead Rising series, Saints Row series, Halo series &c. But I'll be obsessed for a while, then suddenly get over it and just stop playing.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm more of a RPG person, so I like games like Skyrim, Fallout 3, and the Sims. I recently got into Assassin's Creed, which I now LOVE. I kind of dabble in Call of Duty, though I'm not very good... I prefer the easy V.A.T.S method of killing people in Fallout ^_^

I want to try and get into MMORPGS, I think they're called? If anyone's played Lord of the Rings Online, I'm thinking about joining in that. But I've always kind of turned my head away from World of Warcraft, but I love the LOTR series, so I guess this would please me more.
Pokemon is always super fun. I've also wanted to try Portal, a lot of my friends like that.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments I have been playing Skyrim on and off since it came out and am yet to get bored! I always play an argonian in TES games, big up the egg sisters!

I am fairly terrible at shooters, but I do like L4D as I played it non-stop a few summers ago (I started hearing witches in my dreams...)

What platform do you all favour? I am a PC gamer that converted to Xbox recently because I moved away from my shared desktop! This was initially traumatic but I have grown to love console gaming

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Playstation is my main platform. We only have Macs in my family, and they aren't exactly the best gaming platforms, as most games cost almost double for Macs than they would for PC. I like the controls better on consols, everything fits nice, I guess. And it's far easier for me to preform offensive attacks and shoot weapons on a controller, it takes me forever on PCs, but I have barely any experience with PC gaming. I'm sure I'd like it if I spent some time with it, and I could get better with it.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments Playstation here, I love Sony. Xbox controllers are too hard for my small hands, so I never got into that. Plus I kinda hate Microsoft, lol

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

XBox controllers just seem funky to me. I dunno. I like simply controllers. ^_^ And I tend to like games for PS and Wii better. But our Wii broke recently, so I've been dying to play Skyward Sword for a super long time.

message 12: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

As a kid I was always a PlayStation kid when the first one came out and I religiously played games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. I didn't get to play any console games during my teens though because I was at a crazy school (think Harry Potter crossed with the army) but I did have a laptop and for a couple of years I was addicted to Neverwinter Nights. When I had to get a new laptop the game wouldn't work on the new one and I've been gutted abut that for years!

When all my friends and family were buying PS3s and Xbox 360s I still didn't have a console (or much money) so I bought a friends original Xbox off her along with 33 games for £30 and I have been in love with the Xbox ever since. I'm so glad I finally have a 360 and can start playing new games. I plan on getting Skyrim soon.

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (flusen) | 117 comments Rainbow Dash/TeaDrinkingCat wrote: "I'm more of a RPG person, so I like games like Skyrim, Fallout 3, and the Sims. I recently got into Assassin's Creed, which I now LOVE. I kind of dabble in Call of Duty, though I'm not very good......"

You should try Guild Wars 2, honestly this is the best MMORPG I've played so far. There are always things that could be better, but the developers really work with the community, which I like a lot. :)
If you're into LOTR a lot, then why not try the online game, too.

My favourite currently is GW2. Followed closely by Skyrim. I need a new PC, though, cause those games are a little too much for it. :( Alas, no money. So, yeah, dang.
I also like(d) games like the ANNO series, Roller Coaster Tycoon and the Sims 1-3. I wish the Sims didn't focus so much on the expansion sets, so expensive. ):
On my Game Boy/Nintendo DS I mostly play Pokemon, but I also want to get some more Zelda games. :)

message 14: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

I completely forgot about hand held gaming! I've always been in love with my GameBoy, mostly Pokemon and Sims Urbz. I got a DS a few years ago and although I like it, I tend to pass it over in favour of the GameBoy.

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose | 14 comments The Mass Effect games are my favorite. I've played them many times. I've even beaten one and then immediatly restarted a new game and rebeat it.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Stefani wrote: "I completely forgot about hand held gaming! I've always been in love with my GameBoy, mostly Pokemon and Sims Urbz. I got a DS a few years ago and although I like it, I tend to pass it over in favo..."

I love Pokemon! I'm on nearly 600 hours on one save (I don't leave the house much!) Though I barely played my copy of Black at all. Have you, or anyone else here, got Black/White 2? I am undecided on whether I'll buy it

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie I grew up with an older brother so I was roped into playing a lot of games when I was younger and I still play off and on today, but as much as I'd like.

My absolute favorite is Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy III on the SNES. I love the other Final Fantasies that I have played as well (IV, X, X-2, XII).

Also Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, the Golden Sun series, Harvest Moon series, Zelda series, and Pokemon series.

message 18: by Lashya (new)

Lashya Wilson | 94 comments I love the Devil May Cry series.

message 19: by Lashya (new)

Lashya Wilson | 94 comments Did ya'll know that Bleach also has video games ?????????????????? I'll link ya'll, later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Lashya (new)

Lashya Wilson | 94 comments Too many Pokemon fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE DIGIMON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (flusen) | 117 comments Jennifer, I have White 2. I like it. the story is new, set 2 years after the last ones. It's like continuing. I only got two badges so far(dunno what they're called in English), but it's not boring after playing White 1. :)
They also added some nice new features.

My GameBoy Color doesn't work properly anymore. meh. But then again I don't have many games for it, anyway.

message 22: by Lashya (new)

Lashya Wilson | 94 comments Lashya wrote: "Did ya'll know that Bleach also has video games ?????????????????? I'll link ya'll, later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

01. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...

02. http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_...

message 23: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (thehalfelven) | 3 comments I have been hooked on WoW for almost four years now. Right now I am just starting Skyrim and The Witcher 2. I got a computer capable of playing them only last month, so I had not been able to play those games before. Skyrim's amazing, but I must say I am more interested on the Witcher 2, mostly because of the novels.
As for my all time favs, I love the Final Fantasy series, particularily FFV, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX, Zelda: a Link to the Past and a lot of 8 bit classics.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Thanks Rebecca! You have made me decide to get Black 2! Just need to decide on my team :D

I have heard good things about The Witcher games! Report back on how you find TW2 Gabriela!

message 25: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (thehalfelven) | 3 comments So far so good. The gameplay is great, very complete yet easy to learn. Visually it's very well made. But what really got me is the story. All the elements from the books are present, from Geralt's personality to the magic system, the general feel of the world, etc. So far it has hooked me more than Skyrim, though I have only just started Skyrim.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather Perkins (queenallie03) | 9 comments I'm glad GW2 got some love already. That's my major one right now. I love that its FTP but you still get the fun of WoW-like open play. I love running across someone in a map and killing things with them! Still a fan of GW1 too.
I have possibly every console/hand held in creation between me and my gf. We have the PSVita, PS3, 2 XBox 360s, a 3DS and a Wii. She's played every Zelda game in existence and I like watching them.
Last August, right before GW2 launched I fell in love with Assassin's Creed. I marathoned the first game during one 3 day weekend. I'm still in the middle of 2 bc of GW2 but I'm making slow progress.
I'm also playing Uncharted 1 and the Vita game now. Love Uncharted!
Also love the FF series, both Dragon Ages, Mass Effect and my classic, Sonic.

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (flusen) | 117 comments Jennifer, I hope you'll like it. :) When we started playing my friends and I exchanged starters so now everyone has all three. lol Now I've also been to Pokewood which is a really cute addition to the normal gameplay. Also kinda liked the story they made up to introduce it. hehe

I'm slowly getting all new components for my computer. Can't wait to finally play WvWvW in GW2 with a playable framerate. :D And Skyrim on even better graphics, too.

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Kathy wrote: "Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Culdcept Saga, Fallout 3 and I can't pick just one. I suppose Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 are at the top of the list. (As of this moment!!)"

It is really had to pick! Good choices though! I am get to play a Mass Effect game but the first one is on my to-play list!

Rebecca wrote: "Jennifer, I hope you'll like it. :) When we started playing my friends and I exchanged starters so now everyone has all three. lol Now I've also been to Pokewood which is a really cute addition to ..."

Nice! I ordered my copy! I got Lego LotR for xmas so I'm looking forward to playing that too.

Anyone ever play Ape Escape or Rosco McQueen Firefighter Extreme for ps1? I still go back to those when I'm bored!

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments Ape Escape was the first video game I ever played. It took me an embarrassingly long time to beat it tho....like 12 years. Couldn't beat one level for a very long time lol

message 30: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

I really miss Ape Escape for ps1! I used to play that and Lucky Luke non stop.

message 31: by Nova (last edited Jan 07, 2013 04:50PM) (new)

Nova (desiderata11) My all-time favorite game (for now) is Final Fantasy X. The entire game is just so engrossing, from the characters, to the manner in which you can level up, to the storyline - again, I totally love this game. I also love Wakka, Yuna, and Sir Auron (deep sigh). Still haven't gotten around to Final Fantasy VII, which could turn out to be a major contender.

Other favorites:
007: Goldeneye (n64 game; best multiplayer ever; proximity mines, anyone?)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360; awesome gem of a game; way too easy to beat, but the storyline, graphics, and characterization are incredible; totally awesome)

I also remember - way back in the day - playing the old Mario games on the Super Nintendo and the games in the Sonic franchise on the Sega Genesis (loved releasing the little bunnies and animals).

Also, around the time 007: Goldeneye came out, a Mission Impossible came out on the n64. Best Russian (or was it German? or something else) ball/espionage level ever

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I've decided I suck at MMORPG's. Like, a lot. They just totally aren't my thing, and never have been. Ah, well. I still have Fallout and Skyrim.

message 33: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind I really enjoyed playing Dragon Age Origins, Fallout 3 (I loved Fallout when it first came out too) and Fallout New Vegas.

I also really enjoy the Uncharted series. I find playing them like playing a movie, there's so much story there.

When I'm playing with the husband, we really like playing Resistance Fall of Man and Resistance 3

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone know the real difference between Fallout and Fallout New Vegas? I just bought New Vegas and I feel like it's almost an expansion pack or something. Is it as big of a storyline or as big of a "gaming world" as Fallout 3?

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments In New Vegas there are factions that you have to align yourself with as well - I ended up feeling like I could never win! Never mind about MMOs Rainbow Dash! I'm playing Civ 3 and I suck at that too!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Nora wrote: "My all-time favorite game (for now) is Final Fantasy X. The entire game is just so engrossing, from the characters, to the manner in which you can level up, to the storyline - again, I totally lov..."

I love the leveling in FFX! I am not as big a fan of the story, but for some reason the sphere grid system clicked with me more than any other! It's brilliant.

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments Yay, more FFX fans! FFX is my favorite FF ever. The storyline got me and my fiance together^_^ And the sphere grid is awesome, I love it. Prob just about the best leveling system yet.

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Okay, so I am terrible at finishing games and FFX is one of them. I got stuck when playing it years ago and then lost it. I have meant to pick up another copy but I saw they were coming out with a FFX HD version and I've been waiting to get that. Do any of you FFX fans know when it's being released?

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments Natalie wrote: "Okay, so I am terrible at finishing games and FFX is one of them. I got stuck when playing it years ago and then lost it. I have meant to pick up another copy but I saw they were coming out with a ..."

Did a quick google search and it came up with 'before March 31st 2013', and then tons saying 'unconfirmed date'! Not much to go on there really

Kat wrote: "Yay, more FFX fans! FFX is my favorite FF ever. The storyline got me and my fiance together^_^ And the sphere grid is awesome, I love it. Prob just about the best leveling system yet."

That is so cute! Mind if I ask how? :)

message 40: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) I love the Final Fantasy series, Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, pretty much any game with a good story :)

message 41: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 66 comments We helped each other beat the game, and the story of Tidus and Yuna brought us together. It seemed to parallel stuff that was going on in our lives, and it just worked. We'll have been together for 5 years tomorrow^_^

Natalie, no word yet on when it's being released, should be sometime this year tho!

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (retiredmessiah) | 19 comments D'awww! Video games bring people together!

I have never played Kingdom Hearts, although it's been on my vague to-play list for years! Sori you've reminded me to pick up a copy, thanks!

message 43: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) PICK UP A COPY It's the greatest!! haha

message 44: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2 comments My all time favorite game has to be Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars good stuff! I also really enjoyed Chrono Trigger as a kid. Recently I have been into replaying the Silent Hill games 1-4 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I am very excited for it's sequel to come out this year. I am a sucker for a gods survival horror game :D I also REALLY want the new Animal Crossing to come out I need it BAD!

message 45: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresaterrell) | 15 comments Just recently got back into gaming so I don't have a very long list of overall games that I've played but my favorite games so far are Metroid Prime(That will always be my personal favorite), EDF: Armageddon(it has a classic arcade feel, love it) Portal 2, Asura's Wrath(it's ridiculousness won me over along with the overuse of Asura gnashing his teeth)and Sleeping dogs.

message 46: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresaterrell) | 15 comments Chimney wrote: "Kingdom Hearts is an awesome game!"

I have heard many good things about that title. I will have to check it out!

message 47: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresaterrell) | 15 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "I really enjoyed playing Dragon Age Origins, Fallout 3 (I loved Fallout when it first came out too) and Fallout New Vegas.

I also really enjoy the Uncharted series. I find playing them like playi..."

Uncharted slipped my mind- I absolutely loved all 3 of them. Are you at all interested in the new Tomb Raider releasing in 2013?

message 48: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Phipps (mlphipps1991) | 1 comments I think my favorites are the Bioshock series, Amnesia:the Dark Descent, Alice:Madness Returns, Mario series, Crash series, and Sims.

message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I don't really have much of an opportunity to do much gaming any more but lately I've really enjoyed the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series by Frogwares for PC, especially Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened and Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin. I've also really enjoyed Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for DS. I would like to play its sequel Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, but I haven't had the chance yet.

message 50: by Nina (new)

Nina (ntea88) | 1 comments I've been playing the Sims (1-3) for a lot of years, I really love it :)
A year ago I started playing Skyrim, which really hooked me.

On Nintendo DS I have played all the Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright) games, they're awesome!
I recently tried playing Layton, it's okay.

I sometimes play Playstation with my boyfriend. We've played Kingdom Hearts <3, Uncharted, Batman...
And Singstar!! XD

« previous 1 3