Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Good Historical Fiction Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ravi (new)

Ravi Jain (ravijain) Please suggest me any good Historical Fiction books. I've read a few - Dan Brown Series, The Rozabal Line, The Pharoah ... Am looking for further books.

message 2: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Ravi wrote: "Please suggest me any good Historical Fiction books. I've read a few - Dan Brown Series, The Rozabal Line, The Pharoah ... Am looking for further books."

I'm currently reading the first book in a series of Historical Fiction. It's written by Ken Follett. You could also try Colleen McCullough's books - she has a number of Historical Fiction ones.

Ken Follett's books are:
The Pillars of the Earth
World Without End
Fall of Giants
Winter of the World
Please note that Ken Follett has not as yet finished the third book in the trilogy that "Fall of Giants" is the first book of.

Colleen McCullough's books are (these are a series):
The First Man in Rome
The Grass Crown
Fortune's Favourites
Caesar's Women
Caesar
The October Horse
Antony and Cleopatra

Both of the above author's books are quite long. However, I'm finding that Ken Follett's "Fall of Giants" is a very interesting read even though the book is big. I hope these help with your search for good historical fiction books.

message 3: by NayNay (new)

NayNay This is a great series by Bernard Cornwell call the SAXON CHRONICLES....listed in proper order

The Last Kingdom
The Pale Horseman
Lords of the North
Sword Song
The Burning Land
The Death of Kings

Another good series from Lynn Austin CHRONICLES OF THE KINGS....in proper order

Gods and Kings
Song of Redemption
The Strength of His Hand
Faith of My Fathers
Among the Gods

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis Castleman (mrtdevil) If your into war related, i've found jeff shaara an amazing author and reaaly enjoy his works.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Juliet by Anne Fortier was a great book

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 251 comments If your into British history especially the Tudors try Phillipa Gregory- the other Boleyn girl, the queen's fool.. Those are a few. If u like more Asian themed there is Lisa See- Shanghai Girls and Dreams of Joy.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 5 comments Sarah's Key... Loved that book.

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky | 251 comments The Dovekeepers- Alice Hoffman. Based off of Jewish history of Masada, kinda lengthy but really addicting