Random Ramblings discussion

Personal Rambles > Christi's Rambles

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) I know it's Christmas, but I'm already planning for my 17th birthday.
I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of birthdays. They just don't feel special anymore. I've had my fair share of gifts. So why not give to the community? There are plenty of people out there that have little to nothing. Why not give to them?
I don't have a lot of ideas. One of them is to visit some terminally ill patients in the hospital and say hi, give them some snacks, etc. A lot of this will require time (which I should have since my birthday will be around the end of the school year), but it will also require money.
My thoughts for today. My birthday is months away, but I'm still excited!

message 2: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) Making plans... I was invited to go see Les Mis with some friends tomorrow morning and I was also invited to go ice skating with some other friends. Hoping I can make it to both. I'm going to try to.
My calendar is almost clear for next week, so I just wish we could do this on separate days or something.

message 3: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) Still sore from ice skating on Friday night. But I'm proud of my "battle wounds," since I had to learn how to ice skate all over again. :)

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 3422 comments Christi wrote: "I know it's Christmas, but I'm already planning for my 17th birthday.
I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of birthdays. They just don't feel special anymore. I've had my fair share of gifts...."

Instead of asking for gifts you could have a party and ask guests to bring donations to a charity of your choice.

message 5: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) I like that idea. :3

message 6: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) Next person to say something rude to me will be tied up, taken to Chateau Christi, and forced to watch the original Star Wars trilogy with me. Complete with commentary. And I'll be hogging all the chocolate. They can watch me eat each piece slowly and with care. They'll be forced to choose watching Star Wars or watching me eat chocolate. It'll be total heaven for me and total torture for them.

message 7: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) I just found out that I have to sing in front of people tomorrow. You know what would be awesome? Eating tons of peanut butter and drinking tons of milk so that I can't hit higher notes. Or maybe I'll pretend I don't speak any English.
Choir teacher: OK, Christi, sing, please.
Me: ...
Choir teacher: Now, please.
Me: No entiendo.
Choir teacher: Why are you speaking Spanish?
Me: No puedo entender que está Usted diciendo.

That would be ideal. But unfortunately, I'm going to have to man up and do it, despite the ridicule I know I'll get. *puts arm over forehead and sighs dramatically*

message 8: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) I am tired of people who think they're right all the time and are closed-minded. What is with all the bigotry? Do some actual research, please, and if you prove me wrong, I will be more than happy to admit I'm wrong. But if you don't put any effort into learning the facts before you make all these claims to me...

message 9: by Christi (new)

Christi (trumpetchick) Choir is so strange. Funny how I was born with vocal cords and yet playing trumpet feels so much more natural. Everything feels so overwhelming with all this new information. I feel like an outsider in there. I'm singing with the rest of the choir, but it doesn't feel like home like the band room and field do. It's not like I hate singing or anything, but it just feels like choir's not the thing for me. Maybe it's just because I've only been in choir for around 6 days now.
All my choir nerds are now eagerly asking me how I like it. I feel like I shouldn't disappoint them. I don't hate it, but I'm not totally in love with it, either. I don't know. Everything just feels so overwhelming in that class.

message 10: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
I liked your spanish idea! hahah