Indie Book Club discussion

Dragon Fate (War of the Blades, #1)
This topic is about Dragon Fate
Self Promotion > Dragon Fate (War of the Blades, #1)

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments As a holiday gift to readers, and to celebrate the release of Dragon Blade this week, I'm offering Dragon Fate free on Kobo through midnight on December 26th, 2012.

message 2: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments I just wanted to share the latest review of Dragon Fate. It's the kind of thing that authors dream of, but rarely find.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Nice review!

message 4: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Congrats J.D. that's a great review!

message 5: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Now, to hope and pray it goes up an Amazon and B&N.

message 6: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 631 comments Mod
Congrats on that very nice review.

message 7: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Nice review, J.D.! Congrats!!

message 8: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Dawn Husted from BookLoads interviewed me as one of the featured authors for April on BookLoads. We talk about Dragon Fate and Dragon Blade, what makes a good story, my upcoming projects, and more. You can read the full interview here.

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Nice interview:)
I am very much looking forward to your later books. You have an excellent world and a superb style. You certainly seem to have a lot of great ideas and projects in the pipeline.

Do let me know when they hit the shelves.

That reminds me I should put a review on my blog:)

message 10: by J.D. (last edited May 06, 2013 03:25PM) (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Nice interview:)
I am very much looking forward to your later books. You have an excellent world and a superb style. You certainly seem to have a lot of great ideas and projects in the pipeline.

Do let me know when they hit the shelves.

That reminds me I should put a review on my blog:) ..."

Thank you so much, Alexandra! I will certainly let you know when the next books are released. If you'd like, I'd be happy to send you advance review copies.

message 11: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Sure. I can review them. :) Don't mind buying them though, would anyway:)

message 12: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments That's great to hear. I'm happy to have you get the first official look at them, though.

message 13: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Yay:)

message 14: by J.D. (last edited May 22, 2013 10:24PM) (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Erin Eymard, a reviewer for The Bookworm's Fancy and The New Podler Review of Books, called Dragon Fate one of the Top 5 Indie-published Books You Haven't Read, But Should in an article over on Examiner.com.

message 15: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Cool, will share on blog later:)

message 16: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Cool, will share on blog later:)"

Thank you, Alexandra! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Daniel J. Weber (digerbop) | 80 comments I am reading it right now and will share a review on my blog when I'm done.

message 18: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Hmmm I can't get that link to work

message 19: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hmmm I can't get that link to work"
Does it work for you now?

If not, try this one.

message 20: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Daniel J. wrote: "I am reading it right now and will share a review on my blog when I'm done."

Thank you, Daniel! I hope you enjoy it.

message 21: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments I finally got around to posting a review of your two books on my blog. http://libraryoferana.wordpress.com/2...

message 22: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Alexandra wrote: "I finally got around to posting a review of your two books on my blog. http://libraryoferana.wordpress.com/2..."

I would have sworn that I replied to this to thank you earlier, but apparently not. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the books, and I appreciate you taking the time to review them!

message 23: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments :)

message 24: by J.D. (last edited Nov 27, 2013 06:23PM) (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Dragon Fate is going on sale at Kobo for only 99 cents from Friday, November 29th, 2013 through Monday, December 2nd, 2013. That's 80% off the regular list price of $4.99. If you haven't read it yet, snag a copy while it's cheap!

message 25: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments It's a great book so do as the man says!

message 26: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A.L. wrote: "It's a great book so do as the man says!"

Thanks, Alexandra!

message 27: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A wonderful review for Dragon Fate came in from our very own fearless leader.

To celebrate, I've dropped the price on Dragon Fate to 99 cents from now to January 2nd. Happy New Year!

message 28: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Nice, I left a comment.

message 29: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A.L. wrote: "Nice, I left a comment."

Thanks, Alexandra!

message 30: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not sure where your comment went A.L. Never showed up and I don't see it in the spam filter.

message 31: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments :( How odd. I've had problems with blogger before. I am Deedee there I think.

message 32: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A.L. wrote: ":( How odd. I've had problems with blogger before. I am Deedee there I think."

I've been waiting with bated breath to find out what you said.

I'm about to turn blue...;)

message 33: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Still haven't found it lol. The only comment on the post was someone who was trying to advertise for some other site. It was actually somewhat topical, being about indie books, but I still flagged it as spam.

message 34: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Wow. How odd. Let me go back and try again. I tried to leave a message on another blog earlier and that didn't work either. Maybe it is my account.

message 35: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Well apparently it hates me. I tried with my wordpress account as well, typed up this lovely long message and then it was gone when I hit save. I'll give it one last try.

message 36: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments FINALLY! Lets see if it stays.

message 37: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I got the email notification so it shouldn't go anywhere unless I delete it, which I don't plan on doing.

message 38: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments Yay.

message 39: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments A.L. wrote: "FINALLY! Lets see if it stays. "

Thanks for that wonderful comment on the review. It means a lot.

message 40: by A.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1013 comments You are welcome:)

message 41: by J.D. (new) - added it

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments If anyone happens to be interested, Dragon Fate is free on Amazon, Apple, and Kobo this week to celebrate the release of Dragon Justice.