Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: "Gigi’s Favorite RoM" > Favorite Reads - December 2012

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Hi!

I hope everyone is having an amazing holiday!

I finished 2 books this month that I liked. Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis - loved Jax and Promises (Coda Books, #1) by Marie Sexton . I liked them both.

What about you? Any good or bad books this month?

Happy Holidays everyone and a Happy New Year!

message 2: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments Happy Holidays!!

I have had a pretty good month. I read The Naughty List by Jodi Redford which was a very hot and sweet liitle piece. The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss was another hit, it is not a romance but a brilliant piece of fantasy. How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6) by Julie Anne Long was an excellent, very funny and smart historical romance and I found a new author Samantha Jones and loved both A Perfect Bride (Sterling trilogy, #1) by Samantha James and A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2) by Samantha James . Last I went back to Gentle Rogue (Malory Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey which was the perfect comfort-read and another heroine-in-pants favorite.

message 3: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments 5 stars:
Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6) by Julie Anne Long

4 stars:
Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Twelve Days by Teresa Hill

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments We've still got one day left, but I'm going to post anyway. :) I was crazy busy so I didn't get a ton of reading done this month, but I did have two five-star reads:
The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney Turkey in the Snow by Amy Lane

Both m/m and awesome!

My biggest disappointment this month was Kissing Under the Mistletoe by Marina Adair which ended up on the DNF shelf because I didn't like the hero or heroine.

message 5: by Gea (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:17AM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments I've read 27 books in December, here are my 5 stars:

M/M:
Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2) by Jane Davitt Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) by Kim Dare Tribute by Lisa Henry

Rock Chick:
Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5) by Kristen Ashley Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick #6) by Kristen Ashley Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7) by Kristen Ashley

Menage:
Melonee Brac's Mistletoe Madness (Brac Pack #30) by Lynn Hagen Twin Passions (Wizard Twins #3) by Lora Leigh

Christmas story:
The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Contemporary:
Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1) by Meg Benjamin

There was one book I really didn't like: The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas it was just horrible.

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments Gea - I have Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) by Kim Dare on my TBR (I'm hoping to get to it in either Jan or Feb) so I'm please to see that you liked it so well.

message 7: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments It was so great, I can't wait to read the second book and you should read it soon :)

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments Gea wrote: "It was so great, I can't wait to read the second book and you should read it soon :)"

I'm going to try! Elishia recommended it to me because she knows I like unusual shifters and I'm pretty excited to read it.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) I am finishing up a book so I think I will have 27 read for this month. Thought I better go ahead and post before I forget(like I did the last couple of months LOL)

★★★★★

Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Hitler Youth Growing Up in Hitler's Shadow by Susan Campbell Bartoletti

★★★★

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman Torn (Trylle, #2) by Amanda Hocking The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker Ruby Red (Edelstein Trilogie, #1) by Kerstin Gier The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez O Pioneers!  by Willa Cather Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

I had one that I didn't like and that was:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

message 10: by Bror (Abrar) (new)

Bror (Abrar)  (ab2y) | 136 comments ♥Robin ♥ wrote: "I am finishing up a book so I think I will have 27 read for this month. Thought I better go ahead and post before I forget(like I did the last couple of months LOL)

★★★★★

Coraline by Neil Gaiman is an awful book and the movie is even worse i don't know how people like it .

message 11: by Drz (new)

Drz I've been reading the KGI series by Maya Banks. I love thi s series of books. That combine action, suspense and romance and everyone has issues and insecurities.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Ab2y wrote: "♥Robin ♥ wrote: "I am finishing up a book so I think I will have 27 read for this month. Thought I better go ahead and post before I forget(like I did the last couple of months LOL)

★★★★★

[bookco..."

I agree with you 100%...I know a lot of people enjoyed it but I just didn't. Kimberly didn't like it either LOL Funny how all 3 of us fall in the minority on this book ☺

message 13: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments My 5 star reads for December were

How to Marry a Marquis by Julia Quinn and How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6) by Julie Anne Long Hmmmm, both about getting a Marquis :)

Least favorite was

Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll (SEALS, Inc., #1) by Mia Dymond

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments My 6 stars reads of December :
Captive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by S.U. Pacat Captive Prince Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2) by S.U. Pacat

My 5 star reads:

How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6) by Julie Anne Long A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4) by Robyn Carr

December was a good month I read a lot of 4 star books.

My least favourite was Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3) by Kristen Ashley which I didn't even finish and gave 1 star!