Chick Lit Book Club discussion

The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club, #1)
This topic is about The Friday Night Knitting Club
2007-2008 Book Archive > 11/2010: Friday Night Knitting Club

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Did anyone else end up finishing this novel that wanted to post a comment about it? Or rate what they gave it overall?

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise | 12 comments I had a hard time with this one, knowing they made it into a movie (or are making it into a movie) with Julia Roberts (seriously...I know)...

I really felt jerked around by the ending and for some strange reason I didn't feel all that moved. Sometimes books with too many quirky characters just seem too contrived and two-dimensional, although I thought Darwin was a fresh character.

Finally, I've been involved with a regular knitting club for over 2 years now, and, I'm sorry, we're just not that involved in each others' lives. Maybe it's just my group, but I felt the whole "instant girlfriends" attitude of strangers sharing a hobby was contrived as well.

Anyway, 2 stars (and I read it long before the CLBC, so I didn't join the discussion...sorry)!

--Denise

Ashley Oh, I didn't know it was being made into a movie... I hope Julia doesn't play Georgia!

And yes, the instant girlfriends was a bit strong...

message 4: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (Klippy) I am going to have to get this book read!!!!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Green (Angel_Andie) I think I've read this book but I cant remember, the title seems familiar, who wrote it?

Ashley Kate Jacobs

Jencey/ (Jencey) | 410 comments I have just started this novel. A slow start!

message 8: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam (pammylee76) | 64 comments I enjoyed this book. It was a little slow in the beginning, but I really liked it. I also read the other two in the series and enjoyed them.

Ashley There are two more!?

Jencey/ (Jencey) | 410 comments Yes Ashley there is Knit Two and Knit For The Season!